Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 11:56 AM
A way to get the extended cut of ME3 without downloading it from Origin
This may seem a strange place to ask but the truth is that I have so completely forgotten all my log in info for Mass Effect sites that I can't get on them, plus given that The Sims 3 and 4 use Origin there seem to be a lot of people on here who know about it so I figure it's as good a place to ask as any. I have tried both google and Bing but different sites give me different answers and the fact is I have come to like and trust the people here.

Okay my Dad loves the first two Mass Effect games on his computer and he doesn't mind registering content with a program like origin, however as I have said before there is no highspeed internet where we live so while I am getting the him the DLC for ME1 and Me2 for christmas by going to the local library and downloading the files to a flash drive, with mE3 all the DLC seems to require using origin to download it onto the computer you are going to use it on. I was thinking of getting him a copy of Me3 now that it is cheap but he has seen the ending on Youtube and has no interest in it so I figured I would include a copy of the fan made ending with my gift, the trouble is that requires the extended cut and while I was willing to keep my computer online for a month downloading the thing so the fan made ending will work I know my dad will never do that.

So my question is this, given that it is free any way is there a way to get the extended cut of Mass Effect 3 without having to download it through origin. As I said I know he will be fine with registering his new game since he had to do so with ME1 to get it to play, that only takes about half an hour on our connection but I know he will not be okay with downloading DLC through origin since it will take too long and he needs to use the internet connection for his work.

I know the answer is most likely no, but I just thought I would ask here any way just in case there was something I missed in my google and bing searches.

Well thanks for taking the time to read this post, you guys are the best.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 10:38 PM
Could you, by any chance, download it while he's away from the computer or not using the internet? For example, leave it downloading while he's asleep, and then turn it off before he heads to the computer for the morning?

My MTS writing group, The Story Board
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 1:41 AM
Not really since the only internet connection we can get out here is one of those stupid wifi hotspots where he has to buy the data a gig a at time so he would notice that he had gone through the data and at the wifi speeds we get it would still take forever. After doing some research I can't seem to find any way to get the extended cut without origin that doesn't trigger some form of copy protection glitch, so I guess that this is a no go.

It strange since EA still let's people download the Mass Effect 1 and 2 DLC as a zip file without origin but for some reason Mass Effect 3 requires it. Still it is no big deal. The game had other problems besides the ending and it did have some glitches that were never patched, so no big loss. I just thought I would check around and see if in the three years since release EA had stopped requiring origin. On the bright side they do seem to be treating the latest version of the fan made ending as an unofficial official mod if that makes any sense. They haven't taken down the links on their message boards and it now installs like the Mass Effect 1 and 2 DLC so that is something at least.

Thank for reading and trying to help but sadly there doesn't seem to be a work around for this.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.