Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 5:22 AM Last edited by darkflwrs : 24th May 2018 at 7:14 PM.
Default New Orleans World
UPDATE: I went back and did a bit more terrain painting and added some more treas and shrubs. I also fixed some of the lot names that I had missed.

This world is based on the city of New Orleans, Louisiana. The city is a beautiful mixture of some of the finest food, music, and festivals in the United States. This world has a few different areas such as the French Quarter, the Garden District, and a bit of the suburban areas that surround the city. I used google maps to recreate the area from the river to Saint Louis Cathedral and I used zillow to recreate most of the houses in the neighborhood especially in the Garden District area. I'm working on making a map to show these distinctions. If anyone knows of a tutorial to make a color coded map like some of the ones I've seen for other user created worlds, I'd really appreciate it!

All EPs are needed plus Town Life Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff, Master Suite Stuff, High-End Loft Stuff, Fast Lane Stuff, & Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats.

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 6:58 AM Last edited by daisylee : 27th Aug 2017 at 7:51 AM.
I am downloading now. I can tell this was done with love. So much attention and detail to the real New Orleans. It will be fun to check this out. So far it will not extract as wants a second part.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 6:01 PM
I am downloading again and will see if I can open this time. Nope, it still will not open for me and says I need another part.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 6:11 PM
I would just also like to add that every single lot has been addressed. All commercial lots, some of which I just used from bin, have been edited to include content from other EPs. So all of the late night buildings I changed from having just juice bars to having the professional bars because that makes more sense for those types of places. Every residential lot was based on either a real house in New Orleans or a blue print of a house that fits that style...I'd say 90 percent are real homes you could find in New Orleans. I used zillow to look at these homes and used the same furniture they used so all houses are very well decorated...which I guess could be considered a waste of time but it was important to me that everything be beautiful. I know you won't all see the insides of these residential lots, but you could move into any house you want and it would be ready to live in and nicely decorated with respect to the area it is in. Just wanted to add that bit
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I am downloading again and will see if I can open this time. Nope, it still will not open for me and says I need another part.

hey please see my reply, I uploaded the other files and there are 2 now so that should fix it. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 5:38 AM
I finally got it to install. None of the included CC is included in the files. I checked the world in Custard and there is no CC attached to it. So all was replaced by EA items. I can tell you did a heck of a lot or work on this, but some areas still look unfinished to me. Such as how to do you get to the port? And I think more terrain paint and tree variety will help it be even better. Good job!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 2:53 PM
I finally got it to install. None of the included CC is included in the files. I checked the world in Custard and there is no CC attached to it. So all was replaced by EA items. I can tell you did a heck of a lot or work on this, but some areas still look unfinished to me. Such as how to do you get to the port? And I think more terrain paint and tree variety will help it be even better. Good job!

i listed which cc is included...all of that is sims3packs which from what i read would be included, so i don't really understand how that happened. and what port are you talking about getting to? as far as i can see all of the IP ports have roads leading to them. i limited the tree variety purposely to only 3-5 types that actually grow in that area so i'm probably not going to change that. i will work on the terrain painting some more.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 7:42 PM
I meant the docks, EA port structure from Bridgeport. The CC did not pack with the world for some reason. Download your rars and you can see in custard that there is no CC in the world. I am going to work on my worlds today too. Fun.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 3:12 AM
I meant the docks, EA port structure from Bridgeport. The CC did not pack with the world for some reason. Download your rars and you can see in custard that there is no CC in the world. I am going to work on my worlds today too. Fun.

the port thing your talking about is just an object from caw that's there for decor, your sims can't interact with it. i just used it as decor for that area so there's no need to get to it. i'm gonna have to try and figure out why the cc didn't work. i've tried looking it up and can't find anything. we'll see.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 7:11 AM
Hi @darkflwrs

I've seen some custom worlds with custom CC items packaged in them, but to achieve this you'll have to install the CC as a Sims3Pack and leave the DCBackup files in place.

I don't know of a way to have package files pack using CAW, and neither do I know a way of getting EA Store content to pack. Best thing is to tell people what CC is required, and have them install it first.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 7:35 AM
My suggestion is if you cannot get the CC to be included in the world file, put it all in a rar file and give a link for people to get it. You cannot list all that in a description. Where is this going? On the exchange? Here? IMO the CC has to be available grouped or many people like me would not install this world. That is way too much CC for folks to hunt down and install item by item. I have seen many worlds where all the CC is put in its own folder and there is a rar to get it. The easier it is for people to install and use as you intended, the more downloads you will get.
Scholar
#12 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 5:57 PM
Looks lovely and realistic! I think for the description it would be better to put in spoilers and then list the lots and rabbit holes as bullet points or line by line rather than having all that detail in the description. See Bleake Islands as an example (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=538514). I must agree about the CC. I think most players would be too intimidated to download all those items piece by piece. If all the CC is absolutely necessary, it would be far better to package it like daisylee described. I would definitely give credit to Nikel23's uncharted island marker and pcexpert's food truck package because they are integral to the functioning of your world. I also like to credit people for the tutorials and mods I use when creating a world. But, that's your choice, of course.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 7:56 PM Last edited by darkflwrs : 29th Aug 2017 at 7:57 PM. Reason: Typo
Thanks for all the info. I'm gonna go through the CC again and get rid of what I can.. A lot of stuff was necessary to get the New Orleans feel in my opinion. My concern is providing all of the CC in a rar might not be allowed by some people. Ill have to do some more research. I'm still at a loss as to why the sims3pack stuff didn't come with the world. The dccbackup was not deleted. I'm definitely gonna reorganize my information. I had it all in a word doc to keep editing as I was building and just copied and pasted here to start getting some feedback. I've been looking at other world descriptions and that has helped. Thanks for the info! All feedback is greatly appreciated.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 2:36 AM
ok guys, i updated the original post. reformatted it to make it easier to read, after the changes i made to the world i have added the new world download to the original post along with the sims3packs that wouldn't come in the world. i hope you guys will download and let me know how it is as well as tell me how the formatting of my post is. i did take out some of the cc, i used custard to evaluate all of my lots and realized i'd listed some stuff that wasn't there. i think i intended to use it and it just didn't work how i thought it would. so it's not quite as much as it was before. thanks guys!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 11:04 PM
Default Uploading help!
Help please! So I'm trying to upload the world and all the content through mts and I get to the screen where it wants me to label and give credit for all cc but how the crap do i recognize what is what? This is probably the dumbest question ever, but I'm seriously at a loss. Some of the items are recognizable but not most. Here's a screen shot.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#16 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 11:14 AM
Someone help please we have a world waiting to be released !!
Mad Poster
#17 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Karmatoxic
Someone help please we have a world waiting to be released !!

???? If you mean this world it was released some time ago.
Test Subject
#18 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 2:05 PM
xD really ?! my bad ^^ i've never seen the link thats why ...