Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#2351 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 3:18 PM
The only things you can install while playing are lots and if they have CC in them then you'll need to restart the game for it to show up.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2352 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 3:25 PM
Merely downloading something in another browser did not cause your game to crash, SailorLeontine. That was a coincidence.

I don't think it's a good idea to divide your attention that way, from a gameplay standpoint, but that part's not really my business. And it's a waste of time and will probably slow your game down to install CC while your game is running, since as Charity says you won't be able to use it till you've quit and loaded the game again.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#2353 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 3:26 PM
You can download CC while playing though, if you do it in Windowed mode; I've never tried it in full screen mode. Like Charity said, it won't appear unless you restart the game, and I don't know how it works if you try to download it directly into the Sims 2 folders since I download the CC into a separate drive.
Mad Poster
#2354 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 3:28 PM
I've actually put hacks into my Downloads folder while the game is running. It doesn't actually load until the next launch, but I prefer to do it before I forget.

A blank error box occasionally comes up if I launch the game without removing the cache files first. It's an easy enough fix.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#2355 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 8:12 PM
I would personally go ahead and quit the game before sticking any new CC into my downloads folder. Sometimes the enthusiasm of downloading the CC will encourage me to stop playing and get it set up.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#2356 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 9:42 PM
In my case, it's mostly just smaller hacks that I removed at some point and then decided to put back - one of them was No CAS Smiling, after forgetting to install it for the fifth time after exiting, I went screw it and just threw it in while the game was running.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#2357 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Merely downloading something in another browser did not cause your game to crash, SailorLeontine. That was a coincidence.

I don't think it's a good idea to divide your attention that way, from a gameplay standpoint, but that part's not really my business. And it's a waste of time and will probably slow your game down to install CC while your game is running, since as Charity says you won't be able to use it till you've quit and loaded the game again.

i do know what i'm doing i just had that 1 time when i was younger and i'll make sure i quit te game before i download anything on the sims 2, i learned from that mistake,
but other than that i can't seems to remember that the CC's showed up while the game was just on and all but thanks for the reminding and before you ask i downloaded the stuff on the sims 2 folder not in some other folder

Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I've actually put hacks into my Downloads folder while the game is running. It doesn't actually load until the next launch, but I prefer to do it before I forget.

A blank error box occasionally comes up if I launch the game without removing the cache files first. It's an easy enough fix.

i Always quit the sims 2 game before i download the hacks or i get this feeling the sims 2 will crash or something and when i have an unsafe hack(s) who will crash your game, i Always makes sure i get everything on disable or whatever you called that just so you can delete an unsafe hack safely without even crashing (ignore my poor english though )

BTW i also delete 4 caches before i start up the game
Mad Poster
#2358 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 2:42 AM
"Knock it off with the bed, will you?"

One annoying thing about having two Sims with ACR active staying in an hotel is that they sometimes try to ACR Woohoo in other hotel rooms than the one they are checked into, and I repeatedly get messages on the top right of the screen about not being able to use hotel features until the Sims are checked into the room. They have a perfectly good bed in the room they are checked into, I don't see why they need to ACR woohoo in a bed in another room.

BTW, 4 caches for Sims 2? I know Sims 3 has 4 caches, but I've never seen 4 for Sims 2.
Mad Poster
#2359 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 3:06 AM
IIRC, Body Shop creates two additional cache files.

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2360 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 4:28 AM
there is accessory, group, and cigen.
Mad Poster
#2361 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 6:13 AM
Also ContentRegistry.
Theorist
#2362 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 8:34 PM
"What ?! F*** !" when Naomi Lamour-Saurel had morning sickness.
I have projects for this sim but she persists in messing my plans. I'd like her to act as the NPC reporter and she keeps getting pregnant. She never showed up to her actual job.
Inventor
#2363 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 4:33 AM Last edited by kamoodle5 : 1st Nov 2017 at 4:43 AM.
"Cooking!? Ah, sh!t...I meant to do mechanical."

Tried to get my Sim to study another point in mechanical to achieve the next full bar in his GPA, and I accidentally clicked cooking instead of mechanical. That only went up to level two so no chef salads.

"Oh great, the game decided to freeze at the very moment that high-pitched sound blared. Shut up!"

This is related to the Paladin's robot that cleans up everything after Sims. It made that abduction sound at the very moment one of my Sims was making a phone call, and for a couple seconds the game lagged during the transition.

I'm awake now.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#2364 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 4:57 AM
"Oh, so it can be done in game."
I was trying to figure out how to set a Sim's gender preference in game because I didn't want to exit the game to set it in SimPE. Thankfully I was able to set it through ACR.
Mad Poster
#2365 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5
"Cooking!? Ah, sh!t...I meant to do mechanical."

Tried to get my Sim to study another point in mechanical to achieve the next full bar in his GPA, and I accidentally clicked cooking instead of mechanical.

I recently kept a toddler up skiling until her energy bar was red just to finish off a point...only to find it was charisma when she wanted creativity!

Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
I was trying to figure out how to set a Sim's gender preference in game because I didn't want to exit the game to set it in SimPE. Thankfully I was able to set it through ACR.

I use the sim blender for that. Except for ace sims; those I have to do in SimPE.
Mad Poster
#2366 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 5:12 AM
"Oh, you idiot."

Sim came to drop off a date gift, and blocked his only route off the porch. Now he's just sneaking back and forth repeatedly.

Inventor
#2367 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 6:30 AM
"Oh, you idiot."

Sim came to drop off a date gift, and blocked his only route off the porch. Now he's just sneaking back and forth repeatedly.

I had that happen once, when my Sim's date dropped off a 2x1 gift at the front porch that completely blocked his escape. I laughed it off and happily placed the item elsewhere.

Lab Assistant
#2368 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 12:15 PM

I had that happen once, when my Sim's date dropped off a 2x1 gift at the front porch that completely blocked his escape. I laughed it off and happily placed the item elsewhere.

I could be wrong but I think you can only pick up a date gift once the giver left the lot (at least I'm pretty sure it's this way for date flowers). Which in that case would be, well, never.
I headdesk every time Rod Humble manages to lock himself in with his free computer. But at least he's an NPC and can teleport off if it takes too long...
Mad Poster
#2369 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 7:18 PM
That's where moveobjects comes in handy.

Inventor
#2370 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 12:56 AM
Lately I accidentally moved someone's plumbbob or their skill meter with the moveobjects cheat. I remembered reading about it but I still scoffed at the predicament of finding either icon over an object.

Moveobjects is a god-send, no doubt. Maybe it works a little too well sometimes.

Instructor
#2371 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 1:08 AM
idk if the picture is up or not since i never done that here before but if not then that's the thing what i was saying while playing sims 2:

UGH WHY DO YOU WANNA HAVE EVEN MORE KIDS, YOU ALREADY HAVE 2 KIDS ON YOUR OWN SO WHY MORE KIDS?!?!
IT'S HARD TO TAKE CARE OF WOMAN
WHAT IF YOU CAN'T TAKE CARE OF 3 KIDS OR MORE WHEN IT'S ALREADY HARD TO TAKE CARE OF 2 KIDS
(twin boys)

(oh and ignore my bad quality since i made that picture from my mobile and ignore some dutch words on the sims 2 )
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#2372 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 1:14 AM
Brandi Broke rolled a want to have 10 children, when she can barely manage the three she has. Sims aren't always the smartest.

Your Sim's Family aspiration. They like lots of kids.

Mad Poster
#2373 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sailorleontine6
[U]UGH WHY DO YOU WANNA HAVE EVEN MORE KIDS, YOU ALREADY HAVE 2 KIDS ON YOUR OWN SO WHY MORE KIDS?!?!

If you don't want her to have more kids, why did you lock the want?

Your Sim's Family aspiration. They like lots of kids.

This is true. It's also true that sims don't always have to get everything they want.
Top Secret Researcher
#2374 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 2:55 AM
Lately I accidentally moved someone's plumbbob or their skill meter with the moveobjects cheat. I remembered reading about it but I still scoffed at the predicament of finding either icon over an object.

Moveobjects is a god-send, no doubt. Maybe it works a little too well sometimes.

I've done that too! Harrison Agnarsson is now a teen but there's still a skill bar from when he was a toddler hovering over his old dollhouse.

And something I've been saying a lot to his sister lately..."Ingrid for f**k's sake!"

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#2375 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 3:01 AM
"I'm so sorry." - To my Sims when my hand tremours act up and their heads begin jerking around erratically in the pie menu.

Page 95 of 168