Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#4926 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Actually, when I was playing my Asylum challenge (with the 8 Charlatans), I forgot to stick prisoner tokens in their inventories. So when another household got invited to an outing, all of the asylum patients suddenly climbed out of the taxi. Quite an impressive escape there.

I screenshot everything.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#4927 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 3:53 AM Last edited by natboopsie : 21st Nov 2017 at 4:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
MogHughsons postal system really is a great addition to the game. I forgot I had sent a post card to a Sim, and it was such a neat surprise to have my Sims go pick up the mail and find a card congratulating them on their wedding.

I love the little surprises like that too! I also like to have more Serious newlyweds buy cards on their honeymoon and (if they are lucky enough to have use of a vacation home---I simulate vacation-home rentals in my largest hood using Inge's complicated but interesting Lot Income Rights mod, so it's possible they can use one even if they can't buy one) maybe spend some of the time they have hanging out at the house to write their thank-you notes for wedding gifts. (Some of those gifts may have been "mailed" to them from other subhoods by friends using the PC Sims Parcel Service , which also makes them openable/usable in a honeymoon vacation home, so thanking the givers can be fresh on their minds). Honeymooners can send their thank-yous directly from the vacation home's mailbox, and they can also get congratulation cards at the vacation home, if other households have been played while they've still been on vacation.

(That's actually my other favorite thing about the cards system: it's realistic in the sense that cards get "addressed" to whatever lot the sim is living *when the cards are sent*. So it's a minor but sorta fun bit of my Uni play, for example, that dorm and Greek house residents call recent grads to come visit...partly so they can pick up their graduation or other cards that might have arrived since they moved back to the main hood. The card info [who sent it, who's the recipient] always seems to survive being gifted from one sim to the other, too, so the right receiving sim can still "read" them---which is lots more than can be said for Maxis paintings and photos!)

@AliaD85 and anyone else interested, I did start a thread asking about how others use Mog's cards some time ago. You may find it worth reading.

Edit to add my random thought: being away from my game so much of the time right now really makes me plan harder about what I'm going to do when I get back to it.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Mad Poster
#4928 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 4:23 AM
Is the postal system compatible with Cyjon's Bigger Bills? My Sims just don't recieve any cards in the mail, and that's the only thing I can think of that would conflict.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4929 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 5:11 AM
Is the postal system compatible with Cyjon's Bigger Bills? My Sims just don't recieve any cards in the mail, and that's the only thing I can think of that would conflict.

Huh, that's so weird. As far as I can tell by playing with the cards in my game, card delivery is completely separate from bills, so I don't see why there would be a conflict there. I assume you've tried running the HCDU?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4930 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 5:21 AM
alfixes by pescado might conflict.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4931 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
alfixes by pescado might conflict.

That's actually a really good guess, but...I still have alfixes, and the greeting cards work fine in my game. (Yes, I'm probably one of the last people still using alfixes; I just haven't bothered to take it out yet.)
Mad Poster
#4932 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 5:35 AM
I don't use alfixes.

Inventor
#4933 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 5:39 AM

I screenshot everything.

Oh, dear. People will really have to put a lock on every pocket they have and stay on full alert. Let's hope there are plenty of poker tables to keep them busy.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#4934 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 10:37 AM
If anybody is using Pescado's alfixes, you might want to try Slig's version instead. Slig fixed it so it doesn't interfere with love letters anymore. I believe that might have been what was causing the conflict with the greeting card system.

https://slig.dreamwidth.org/33808.html
Mad Poster
#4935 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
If anybody is using Pescado's alfixes, you might want to try Slig's version instead. Slig fixed it so it doesn't interfere with love letters anymore. I believe that might have been what was causing the conflict with the greeting card system.

But...it's not causing any conflict with the greeting card system.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4936 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 10:02 PM
The cards have always worked fine for me too even when I had alfixes

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#4937 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
But...it's not causing any conflict with the greeting card system.

alfixes blocks the love letters from NL. I could've sworn that I saw a thread once where this was causing problems with Moghughson's postal system, but maybe I'm mis-remembering something again.
Mad Poster
#4938 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 8:13 PM
Why oh why have I not added the converted pet stories agility equipment for pets until now? They are hilarious! And the dogs are so cute using them! Though I think Idefix (the gorgeous furball in my avatar) could show them a thing or two about how it's done :lovestruc

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#4939 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 9:06 PM
The greeting card system caused a couple of us occasional super-high lot bills. (@gummilutt, you were the other one, right?) I don't know if we ever tried it with/without AL fixes.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#4940 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 9:52 PM
Yep it was me. I removed the greeting card system for a long time because of that, but I haven't gotten the issue since I put it back in. I don't remember if I had alfixes back then, I don't anymore but I think I did have it back then. So yeah, who knows, maybe that was it

Mad Poster
#4941 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 9:54 PM
It's a pretty funny glitch.

Mad Poster
#4942 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 10:22 PM
Why oh why have I not added the converted pet stories agility equipment for pets until now?

I wouldn't even know where to find them, so that's why I haven't added them.
Mad Poster
#4943 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 11:35 PM
By rebecah at Affinity

Forum Resident
#4944 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 8:31 AM
So, I managed to get the main parts of my first object mod done and successful! I just need to actually be awake enough to finish learning how to add an item to inventory and increase/decrease motives.

Modding while half asleep isn't smart. It probably isn't smart for cooking a turkey either, but that's life for ya.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#4945 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 11:31 AM
By rebecah at Affinity

Shastakiss and Fractured Moonlight did recolorable versions of the dog agility objects here (both "backyard" and "professional" sets - two full sets of the objects):
http://fracturedmoonlight.tumblr.co...-shastakiss-and

And medieval versions here:
http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...hp?f=107&t=9135
Mad Poster
#4946 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 1:13 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 23rd Nov 2017 at 5:21 PM.
Thanks Rox! I was going to try and look for those today but now I don't need to

And cool Alia, congrats

EDIT: Does anyone happen to know what the difference is between the regular agility objects, and the backyard ones mentioned in Frac's post?

Forum Resident
#4947 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 6:05 PM
I think it's just slightly different meshes and recolours, but the professional versions also cost more. Both sets are in the download, and Frac included images. The backyard set looks a bit more worn and made of wood while the professional has more metal and plastic. There are some differences in the shape of the supports of some of the obstacles.
Field Researcher
#4948 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 7:39 PM Last edited by DuskTrooper : 24th Nov 2017 at 3:40 PM.
Why did Maxis not create community lot speakers for all music stations and slave them so they share the same textures? There is no college rock speaker for example. And why did Maxis put Electronica music on a station called techno? Do they not know the difference?

Another thought: Why are the wrists meshed so weirdly? At certain angles it looks like the Sim's hand is floating.

We all have to look for answers somewhere. Some in big ol' books, others in big ol' bottles of whiskey.

— Kimberly Irion as Bonnie MacFarlane in Red Dead Redemption (2010)
Forum Resident
#4949 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DuskTrooper
Why did Maxis not create community lot speakers for all music stations and slave them so they share the same textures? There is no college rock speaker for example.

Totally agree that they should have created community lot speakers for all music Stations. I wish there was a House Music Community Lot Speaker.

College Rock Community Lot Speaker http://modthesims.info/d/223212
Jazz Community Lot Speaker http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=223125
Top Secret Researcher
#4950 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 8:10 PM
Has anyone made recolors of those? To me it's pretty annoying when I want a certain station playing, but the corresponding speaker is the wrong color.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Page 198 of 516