Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 9:37 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default What kind of computer?
Hi all. I am looking into getting a new laptop here within the next couple weeks or so. I am uncertain of what kind to get - my only requirement is that it needs to be a laptop and not cost an entire fortune (laptop only because I travel a lot). I prefer HP and looked into the HP spectre with Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050, would this one work? I have all the Sims 2 & 3 games and would like to have my settings on high.

I hope I put this in the right forum section. Sorry if I didn't. I tried my best
Advertisement
Scholar
#3 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 2:26 PM
yes ofc "it will work" (besides any hardware/Windows potential expected quirkiness); even without spinning up this NVidia.

I'd advise to steer clear from i7 line, i5 will be enough (and it's also cheaper) and in the real life - outside the raw tests - the added i7 value for common user is none or diminish quickly , these machines (it's unfortunate price for mindlessly copying an Apple's design) has problematic cooling solution. And any (even the best) will degrade with time and stress, it's normal process.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"