Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Half Walls, Seriously - Updated 24th Dec

by Flabaliki Posted 3rd Dec 2009 at 8:58 PM - Updated 12th Apr 2010 at 4:16 AM by Flabaliki

264 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 253 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 11
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 6:46 PM
thankyou i have missed the half walls. you are so clever
Theorist
#102 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 7:18 PM
Even though some things should obviously be saved for EPs I think this should have been included in the base game. Thanks so much for making this!
Field Researcher
#103 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 7:23 PM
Thank you soooooooooooo much you're amazing :D!!
Test Subject
#104 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 7:38 PM
Hello, first i wanna thank you and congratz on the Half Wall, and second i have problems with it, i just installed the .sims3pack file but i can't seem to get it in game , any clues? Thank you
Field Researcher
#105 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 8:10 PM Last edited by Mimi52861 : 4th Dec 2009 at 8:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by stefunutz
Hello, first i wanna thank you and congratz on the Half Wall, and second i have problems with it, i just installed the .sims3pack file but i can't seem to get it in game , any clues? Thank you

Open the zip file & extract the file to your desktop. Then just double click on the file. The Game Launcher will automatically open & install it for you.

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Field Researcher
#106 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 8:12 PM
Don't know what else I can say that hasn't already been said about this...but a sincere "THANK YOU'. You've made many, many simmers very happy! And I WILL click on the thanks button!

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Test Subject
#107 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 8:42 PM
You're the best!!!
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 8:44 PM
What was the old file name called, im having trouble finding it
Test Subject
#109 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 8:48 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you...I am being very selective now of the types of stuff I download but this is one item I couldn't resist!!!

"All you need to make a movie is a gun and a girl!"
Scholar
#110 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Flabaliki
Woah, I can see how much you need this! 21 comments in an hour and a half :O.

Haha, CTNutmegger, I think thanks is broken atm, because all the thanks show up in my scorecard but not here XD.

I'm also working on a fix for the 'stretched' pattern on this wall, I don't know why but you can clearly see, on the bricks picture how they are fatter on the half wall, I'm trying to fix that as I type this :P

Flabaliki. I wonder, if you're going in to do that. I used this for a porch but it doesn't take wallpaper, only patterns. The design I was using on the house is in wallpaper only, a stone one. Is there any way to make this take wallpaper or do I have to make a pattern to match the stone?

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefunutz

Open the zip file & extract the file to your desktop. Then just double click on the file. The Game Launcher will automatically open & install it for you.

How did they get a sims3.pack? All I got was a .package file. If this is wrong stefunutz, you need the install helper monkey, the launcher can't install this file. Is there a sims3.pack version? I'd like that even more.

*EDIT. Scrap that last bit, I just redownloaded, thanks so much.
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 9:19 PM
Just another in the horde of people who wanted half walls back. And now that we can recolor them, it's just perfect.

Thank you again.
Field Researcher
#112 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 10:23 PM
Awesome, thank you!
Field Researcher
#113 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 11:08 PM
AWESOME thank you for sharing, I was missing the halfwall

cheers
Scholar
#114 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 11:13 PM
Just when I thought this download couldn't improve by any margin, you fix a few errors and upload it as a sims3pack. Great work.
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 12:13 AM
Wonderfull, just to bad it's a TS3 file, since half walls will be included in the next expansion pack it will be a big search then to take the TS3 package out. I took the package file out of it so i can later on remove it foor easy use.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#116 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fluttereyes
I used this for a porch but it doesn't take wallpaper, only patterns. The design I was using on the house is in wallpaper only, a stone one. Is there any way to make this take wallpaper or do I have to make a pattern to match the stone?
This isn't a wall, it's a fence –*it's the exact same thing as the EA brick walls, only shorter. So it'll behave like all other fences/objects when it comes to recolouring.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 12:30 AM
OMG.. I just fell in love with you again!! Didn't download, having the trouble with .package files... now it's a sims3pack... downloaded and getting ready to install..
YOU ARE MARVELOUS!! smooch
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 12:36 AM
I was JUST THINKING about this last night! No idea why they weren't included in the game, but thank you so, so, SO much for making them! You're AMAZING.
Test Subject
#119 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 3:35 AM
oh my god, I LOVE YOU. i've been bemoaning the lack of half-walls since 3 came out!
Test Subject
#120 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 4:30 AM
i want this x3
Banned
#121 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 7:03 AM
Not to be rude!

But the screens seem to imply the lighting is off on them, for whatever reason. Is it , or is it just your game settings?
Test Subject
#122 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 7:27 AM
Yay. Awesome!
Thanksthanksthanksthanksthanks
thanksthanksthanksthanksthanks!!! XD
Test Subject
#123 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 8:31 AM
Thank you so much!!!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#124 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 8:52 AM
Pokeylope, lighting is inconsistent on *all* fences in the game, that's an EA problem.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#125 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 9:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mimi52861

DId, that and didn't worked either, well thnx anyways for reply, i guess i messed up the game files, i tryed to update my game in order to get sims3WA but i didn't managed to do it, and in the meantime i moved some folders/replaced some files(althoug i backed them up), i dunno what could cause this i have the other old mods in-game.
Page 5 of 11