Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Half Walls, Seriously - Updated 24th Dec

by Flabaliki Posted 3rd Dec 2009 at 8:58 PM - Updated 12th Apr 2010 at 4:16 AM by Flabaliki

264 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 253 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 11
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 9:43 AM
Thank you! this is great. Didn't know I missed it until I saw it, but now I'm sure I can't live without it. The EA pre-built houses look so dorky with fences instead of half walls inside
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 9:43 AM
Thank you! this is great. Didn't know I missed it until I saw it, but now I'm sure I can't live without it. The EA pre-built houses look so dorky with fences instead of half walls inside
Test Subject
#128 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 10:09 AM
First of all I really really want to THANK YOU for this!!!!!!! I needed it so much!!! >__<
Anyway I've just downloaded it. I double clicked on it and EA launcher istalled it, but I can't see it in the game... any help? ^^"
Scholar
#129 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 10:11 AM
You have spoiled us so much.Your half walls will be greatly appreciated.I enjoy them already through your pics and can't wait to see them in the game.A HUGE Thank you and tons of kisses.
Scholar
#130 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 10:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stefunutz
DId, that and didn't worked either, well thnx anyways for reply, i guess i messed up the game files, i tryed to update my game in order to get sims3WA but i didn't managed to do it, and in the meantime i moved some folders/replaced some files(althoug i backed them up), i dunno what could cause this i have the other old mods in-game.

If you have a camera mod or a sky mod in your game, remove them from your ini folder. If you need to replace with new files, go to your sims3 disc, use my computer, then explore and get the files you need from that disc. If you can't remember what you installed in there, the easiest soulution is to just copy over all the .ini files and let them rewrite the old ones.

Then go into game > bin and remove this file d3dx9_31.dll. Then go to your sims 3 folder and remove the resource.cfg and your mods folder. Save these to a safe place in case you want to put them back. Running Delphy's helper monkey will set up your mods folders again along with the resouce.cfg. All of this is in program files, not my documents. (sorry if you already know this stuff).

Then patch the game. When you get a sims3.pack, the easiest way to install is to put it in to your downloads folder in my comupter, then when you open the launcher it will be sitting there, ready to be installed, you don't need to double click anything, you just click the downloads button on the lancher and tick the items you want installed. You really should sort out your game with the patches first before you download anything that has been made using the patches and new EP.

If you don't understand this, there are plenty of topics on here to help with cleaning up your sims3 folders.
Test Subject
#131 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 12:20 PM
Finally some1 did it Thank You for sharing!!!!
Test Subject
#132 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 12:31 PM
At last!!! Thank you soooooooo much
Test Subject
#133 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 12:37 PM
For whatever reason, the "half wall" isn't showing up in my game. I don't know what could be wrong or causing this issue. Am I the only person who's having this issue?
Instructor
Original Poster
#134 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 1:02 PM Last edited by Flabaliki : 6th Dec 2009 at 8:47 AM.
Ok, for everyone having trouble finding it I made this little guy here:

Find me on YouTube!
Flabaliki - General gaming
TheSimSupply - Videos all about The Sims!
Test Subject
#135 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 2:59 PM
You are my hero - thank you so much for this, you just made my day (maybe even my entire week) YAY!!!
Forum Resident
#136 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 4:29 PM
O-MY- Half-walls! :O
Thank you SO much for sharing. I appriciate that alot!
You're my hero!

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Banned
#137 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 7:21 PM
I... I think I love you.
Test Subject
#138 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenLioness84
For whatever reason, the "half wall" isn't showing up in my game. I don't know what could be wrong or causing this issue. Am I the only person who's having this issue?

Nop your not the only 1 :D, we're just unlucky maybe or just did somthing stupid with the game files ^^^, anyways botom line this mod is awsm, i hope i can enjoy it
" that little guy " is for kids maybe, i guess we can read the overview and find out its in fences no offence, all in all is a hell of a mod.Respect.
Test Subject
#139 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 9:22 PM
Good to see an Aussie can do what Maxis couldn't kudos to you from a an expat in the US.
Test Subject
#140 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stefunutz
Nop your not the only 1 :D, we're just unlucky maybe or just did somthing stupid with the game files ^^^, anyways botom line this mod is awsm, i hope i can enjoy it
" that little guy " is for kids maybe, i guess we can read the overview and find out its in fences no offence, all in all is a hell of a mod.Respect.

First: I am really excited about this! Thank you mucho!
Second:
I am having the same issue. I downloaded the Half Wall.sims3pack and installed it with Sims 3 Launcher... but it isn't showing up in my game. I looked for the little icon and found nothing similar. It says its installed but obviously its not. Please tell me if I did something wrong!
Thanks!
Test Subject
#141 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 11:44 PM
Awesome! Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU! This has been driving me nuts too!
Test Subject
#142 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 1:26 AM
Finally somebody has got a brain. I have been eaiting for this since day one!! Thank You So much. Brendalee43
Test Subject
#143 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 2:06 AM
these walls are a long awaited and wonderful addition. thank you. would it be possible to create them for those of us who are not planning to patch? it is clear you put much effort into creating a good product and that energy is certainly appreciated.
Test Subject
#144 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 4:28 AM
Wow, they look great, although I'm not gonna use them, because I'm not much of a builder. But great work anyway!
Test Subject
#145 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 5:14 AM
I just wanted to say thank you very much for creating this,I have been in such a need for halfwalls.So again Thank You!!
Test Subject
#146 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 2:55 PM
I was actually wondering why EA didn't create these for Sims3 as well the other day. There were one of the most popular building items people used to create their houses. Ah well, it's here again and I think you very much for taking the time to do this! TY!!!!!!!!!!
Instructor
#147 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 3:57 PM
This is fantastic, thank you so very much. Terrific!
Test Subject
#148 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karamarie92
First: I am really excited about this! Thank you mucho!
Second:
I am having the same issue. I downloaded the Half Wall.sims3pack and installed it with Sims 3 Launcher... but it isn't showing up in my game. I looked for the little icon and found nothing similar. It says its installed but obviously its not. Please tell me if I did something wrong!
Thanks!

OK i found the fix, i just updated the game all the way to 1.7.9 and now they all show up just fine.
Field Researcher
#149 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 12:20 AM
Update 1.6? That's already old. We are now on version 2.2.8 (with WA installed). I've updated my game with each & every patch that's been released, AS they were released. I use the games launcher & let it update my game automatically, but that's me. And no, I personally didn't experience any significant slow downs because of any patches.

I also had no difficulty in downloading, installing or finding this half-wall (fence) in my game either. It's right there with all the other fences...I double checked & used it already.

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Test Subject
#150 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mimi52861
Update 1.6? That's already old. We are now on version 2.2.8 (with WA installed). I've updated my game with each & every patch that's been released, AS they were released. I use the games launcher & let it update my game automatically, but that's me. And no, I personally didn't experience any significant slow downs because of any patches.

I also had no difficulty in downloading, installing or finding this half-wall (fence) in my game either. It's right there with all the other fences...I double checked & used it already.

Well, as far as I know, I'm updated with all the recent patches (1.7) that's the number as titled and I experienced a slight slow down when loading my hood and nothing more. The fences ( half walls) showed up fine, though. No issues as of yet. I did hear of some simmers having issues with getting mods to work properly with the most recent patches and WA installed. I've held off on buying WA until that issue is resolved.
Page 6 of 11