Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 9:26 PM
Default Trying to take the "minor" bird pets and re'color' them help please....
I've been out of the "sims" stuff for years... and just thought I would boot up my game last month. I finished creating and testing my world FINALLY and I'm hoping to post it soon... but I was looking EVERYWHERE for 2 weeks now for custom birds... yes I'm a crazy bird lady LOL. I found the Sims 2 parrots that are FABULOUS but no one has done them for sims 3.. I realize I'm way behind as sims 4 is out... but if anyone is still doing stuff for sims 3 and can just drop a quick note I would appreciate it.

I have been over every tutorial and I'm certain at this time I'm making it WAY more difficult that is has to be... so far I have copied the packages out of the game and to a package file and started a recolor to test... but I can't get it to show up in the game. SO somewhere I'm not exporting it correctly. I'm finding a lot of "obsolete" tutorials so if someone has an object recolor tutorial I would GREATLY appreciate it!

My world needs some crazy parrots!!!

Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 9:00 AM
I made one, it's somewhere on this forum (not in this section). EDIT: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...564#post4718564
It is comparable to make a custom plant (you can't just clone an existing one), but there are more complications and requires scripting.

Feel free to take the one I made, remesh-it and change its textures, you can also re-distribute it if you want,
I don't mind, but if you do specify the source (only for compatibility sake, I don't care if I'm not credited).