Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 11:14 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 27th Nov 2017 at 5:38 PM.
Default Why do my lots edited through caw eig look like this? {solved}
at some point during editing after a save and re-entering my lots end up like this and after exporting into worlds they stay this way. The pic is from after i converted to a world.
They also look this way once I'm on them or interacting with them. I'd hate to see this every time I'm in town view - u -

Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 7:03 AM
I can't give you a technical explanation, will leave that for those who know better. To put it in simple words, preview and "distance view information" is somehow lost, this often happens if you edit a premade world. It usually helps to save the lots to the bin in game, delete the lots in caw (hit undo right after you deleted each lot so that you get the empty lot back in the same location), clear all caches and place them again in caw game editor.

Maybe someone with more knowledge will have a real explanation and a better way of solving the issue.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 7:32 AM
If you enter each affected lot in EIG and make an external change, such as moving a tree or spraying some terrain paint, the textures will refresh and should look better.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 8:22 AM
I had this issue and the only way I was able to get rid of it was to delete all the IMG files in S3PE that are not items to generate new images. Make backup first, of course.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 1:39 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 25th Nov 2017 at 7:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I had this issue and the only way I was able to get rid of it was to delete all the IMG files in S3PE that are not items to generate new images. Make backup first, of course.

This method worked.
Thank you all for the suggestions!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 12:06 AM
YAY!!!! I did the make a change on lots over and over and they still would be bad again. I did that once and so far all has been fine. I am glad that worked for you.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 2:59 AM
YAY!!!! I did the make a change on lots over and over and they still would be bad again. I did that once and so far all has been fine. I am glad that worked for you.

@daisylee

Good news is that it works bad news is that I deleted some image files connected to the actual texture of the map and cant figure out which is which. I dont delete anything with a name off to the left or anything that clearly indicates its part of the map but somewhere an image file that I deleted caused the areas where textures meet to become jagged and unsmooth.

So basically in the window that shows images of what the resource is... What should I be seeing that indicates that it is the imaging for a lot...?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 8:34 AM
Assuming you made a backup, I would try it again.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 12:42 PM
Assuming you made a backup, I would try it again.

ok so I'm guessing it's gonna be a trial and error I'll see what I can do
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
I can't give you a technical explanation, will leave that for those who know better. To put it in simple words, preview and "distance view information" is somehow lost, this often happens if you edit a premade world. It usually helps to save the lots to the bin in game, delete the lots in caw (hit undo right after you deleted each lot so that you get the empty lot back in the same location), clear all caches and place them again in caw game editor.

Maybe someone with more knowledge will have a real explanation and a better way of solving the issue.

This method worked once I moved all my stuff over to another more reliable computer... which is probably what helped cause this issue in the first place. I used a vista instead of a win10

Vielen dank jedermann.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 1:54 AM
??? It worked fine when I did it. I am on Windows 7. My guess though is that you just made an error doing it. I would try again.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 5:37 PM
Oh no no I'm not saying your method wasnt working, it did! Just somewhere in the image files are ones connected to the world that I should not delete. Being that I couldn't tell which from which and kept deleting resources that caused the terrain to look wonky, I tried one of the other methods.

Nothing wrong on your part, this issue is solved.