Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 12:18 AM Last edited by madamebellanova : 15th Jan 2018 at 4:25 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default My Sims won't change into outerwear, not even manually.
I have the Seasons EP, and whatever I do, I can't get my Sims to change into their outerwear. They're wearing normal clothes in the dead of winter and I'm very concerned about them. I've never had this problem before. Please help.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 4:07 AM Last edited by igazor : 31st Dec 2017 at 2:40 PM.
Sorry if these seem way too obvious, but...

-- Check on their actual Outerwear category in CAS or some subset of it like Plan Outfit if you haven't already? If they have "normal" looking clothes as their outerwear outfit, or swimsuits with bunny slippers as of course most of us like to wear IRL when it gets cold out, then that is what they will switch into.

-- Could be trait related? Loves the Cold, Insane, and to an extent Inappropriate sims won't always wear what we want them to. Although we should be able to switch their outfits ourselves in various ways so this is less likely.

If they really do have winter coats, sweaters, gloves, hats, and snowshoes in their Outerwear category selected for them, what exactly happens if you switch their outfits on them in Plan Outfit or, if using MasterController, NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Basic > Outfit? No spin, no changes at all, any kind of error message?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 2:15 PM
Hope I am not misunderstanding "manually" other than the obvious suggestions igazor posted but have you tried using Retuner Outerwear Settings to reset settings for Changing Into Outerwear. To include gloves Retuner Setting Gloves
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 10:30 PM
@igazor
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Sorry if these seem way too obvious, but...

-- Check on their actual Outerwear category in CAS or some subset of it like Plan Outfit if you haven't already? If they have "normal" looking clothes as their outerwear outfit, or swimsuits with bunny slippers as of course most of us like to wear IRL when it gets cold out, then that is what they will switch into. (condescending smiley removed)

-- Could be trait related? Loves the Cold, Insane, and to an extent Inappropriate sims won't always wear what we want them to. Although we should be able to switch their outfits ourselves in various ways so this is less likely.

If they really do have winter coats, sweaters, gloves, hats, and snowshoes in their Outerwear category selected for them, what exactly happens if you switch their outfits on them in Plan Outfit or, if using MasterController, NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Basic > Outfit? No spin, no changes at all, any kind of error message?

They have different clothes for their outerwear than everyday, and the ones I have the problem with have neither Loves the Cold nor Insane traits. When I try to make them change into their outerwear, the action just automatically cancels and they don't do anything.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 10:31 PM
@barbarat
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Hope I am not misunderstanding "manually" other than the obvious suggestions igazor posted but have you tried using Retuner Outerwear Settings to reset settings for Changing Into Outerwear. To include gloves Retuner Setting Gloves

I've never heard of that. Could you explain in more detail, please?
Scholar
#6 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 3:09 PM
You don't happen to have this mod, do you? I had the very same issue with it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nat 619
You don't happen to have this mod, do you? I had the very same issue with it.

I do! That must be the problem. Thanks.
Instructor
#8 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 4:57 AM
@madamebellanova If you need a curfew disabler, this one still works perfectly and is up to date for the latest patches of the game: http://modthesims.info/d/501959
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Mar 2020 at 9:17 PM
It's two years later but I just run into the same problem and I don't have the mod mentioned ( I have the second one which was there for a year+ before this bug occured). I tried changing outfits with MC but nothing happened, I edited the outfit by going into CAS/stylist still nothing and also tried starting a new game. It still persists ! Any ideas?