Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 3:45 PM
Default Imagine how annoying it would be, if....
A lot of us have been wanting, craving realism for this game since we discovered it. It is understandable, considering we are playing with human type templates!
But there are realistic behaviors that were never included or added for logical reasons or playability..or just because they would have been just painfully annoying!

I thought it would be funny to brainstorm about this, and I am very curious about your thoughts on the matter! .

So what comes to mind when you read this?

I'll go first.

Imagine how annoying it would be, if dogs & cats actually needed a Sim to open/close doors and gates for them...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 3:51 PM
Oh! Oh! I thought of this one just yesterday...

Imagine how annoying it would be if, instead of neatly and politely putting all chess pieces away when they're done playing, sims threw them at each other, stole them, and/or just dropped them all over the ground.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 3:56 PM
If you had to clean up all the feathers after a pillow fight. . . .And then go out and buy new pillows.

Or if you had to clean up the food that messy Sims spill when they eat. Or when they throw food at each other.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 4:03 PM
If build items deteriorated! No replacing the roof every 20 years, no repainting every five or whatever it is, no loose bricks in the driveway.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#6 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 4:28 PM
If messy Sims lost things and you had to wait hours while they searched for a tiny shoe or their glasses.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 4:28 PM
If you really need all ingredients for every recipe and you need them collect one by one in shop to put into shopping basket.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 4:35 PM
If cellphones needed to be recharged.
If food in the fridge went mouldy.
If sims could have allergies to dogs/cats/etc.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
If you really need all ingredients for every recipe and you need them collect one by one in shop to put into shopping basket.

Sims 3....

I believe I remember them having to go shopping to buy the ingredients - PTA.
Shortly, I am quite happy that the game saves us from all of those. But the other way around - there is also things from the game I would not like in RL.

Ghosts in your backyard!!!
Scholar
#10 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 4:46 PM
Realistic washing up would be annoying – washing each thing one by one, including pans and cutlery, needing to put all that on a drying rack with limited space... I wouldn’t like that.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Alchemist
#11 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
If food in the fridge went mouldy.
They introduced this in TS4 and it's the worst thing.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
They introduced this in TS4 and it's the worst thing.

TS3 as well...no?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#13 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 4:57 PM
I meant uncooked food, the ingredients going bad before you ever had a chance to cook them. TS3's slowly spoiling leftovers didn't really bother me.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 5:02 PM
Imagine if maid starts clean dust from everywhere and hoover all carpets.
Scholar
#15 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 5:20 PM
If Sims had to laundry, and if they had to pull their clothes on one item at a time instead of doing the Wonder Woman Twirl.
If toddlers had to have their hands and faces wiped after every meal, or after playing in the dirt.
If skills deteriorated when not actually being studied or practised.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
If build items deteriorated! No replacing the roof every 20 years, no repainting every five or whatever it is, no loose bricks in the driveway.

I actually wish that every so often you would get a pop up that said something like your roof is starting to leak. It's time to replace it, and then you would have the option of paying for repairing it or dealing with periodic leaks in the house.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#17 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 5:33 PM
Imagine how annoying it would be, if sims built houses. You had to make the plan, and then it would take a certain few sim-years for all the builder sims to build it.

....actually I guess that could be kind of cool for certain play styles, but also super annoying if you wanted to move your sims into a new house as soon as possible

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#18 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Imagine how annoying it would be, if sims built houses. You had to make the plan, and then it would take a certain few sim-years for all the builder sims to build it.

....actually I guess that could be kind of cool for certain play styles, but also super annoying if you wanted to move your sims into a new house as soon as possible

Ugh, no. Real life building is bad enough!

How about putting makeup on at a mirror every morning? (I wish it went off when they switched into swimsuit, undies, or nightgowns, but I don't wish them to have to apply it.)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#19 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 6:07 PM

Though TS2C (Castaway) on consoles has that minus requring years to build

- Cleaning pretty much everything, not just counters, but all furniture (chairs, swiping dust of shelves, coffee tables and ect.). It would be also a torture for sims to clean all the floor titles (If it was required) a mansion that is build within a 64x64 lot.t
- Changing clothes realistically instead spinning and creating a tornado that removes them.
- Requiring to reach out for the switch to turn on lights on in a room.
- Woohoo without any FX
- Requiring to places objects near adjastent electrical sockets.
- Having your sim to learn swim first before they could actually can do easy swims (actually, that would be cool than an annoyances for born sims, but incovienent for those created straight from CAS).
- Also, adding to above: same would go for using a transportation.
- Townies screaming and bagging on walls for help after getting inclosed in a box.
- Teens being at the same height as adults ("thanks" for that Sims 4 -_- ).
- Job Interviews probably, since you may fail at applying for one.
Instructor
#20 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 6:20 PM

Don't forget to get planning approval first and meet all the building regs ... and then when you want to extend, all the associated approvals required.

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Mad Poster
#21 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whoward69
Don't forget to get planning approval first and meet all the building regs ... and then when you want to extend, all the associated approvals required.

Occupancy Certificate, dagnabnit! The Electrical Inspector signed off. The Plumbing Inspector signed off. The Septic Inspectors signed off. Why can't we have an Occupancy Certificate already?

(So this project should've been done between May and August, 2016. The Septic Inspector, County, held up the start until September, which led to weather delays because below zero temps (F) and heaviest snow winter on record. Every-dang-thing is DONE. And we're just waiting on a state employee to show their butt up and give us a certificate. And waiting. And waiting. Thanks for letting me vent. Course once we get it, I won't have time to play Sims for a while, so there's that . . .)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#22 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 6:33 PM
Eastside Veronaville is a Conservation Area. Sims do need planning permission to make change to their houses there. And you definitely would not get planning permission to demolish one of these old Tudor houses and build new.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 6:43 PM
and if renovations took actual time to complete.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 7:13 PM
...if whenever you left them alone for a second they wound up glued to their phones XD

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#25 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
...if whenever you left them alone for a second they wound up glued to their phones XD

Aha, and walking off the lot to play Pokemon GO and you must wait uncertain time when they come back...
Page 1 of 6