Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2014 at 10:56 PM
Default Renovating Maxis Lots
It seems like as soon as I take on a project similar things start popping up!

I've started making over selected Pleasantview lots and have plans to do other lots in other hoods as well and offer them for upload. I wasn't sure though if there were certain rules pertaining to pre-made lots. My plan is to leave as much of the outside build structure as possible so that the lots are very recognizable. Mostly I will just change the roof, move inside walls were I feel it needs to be changed and decorate. CC free as I usually try to do. Now just today I see two more people saying they are making over Pleasantview so I'm wondering if I still should. So far I just have Brandi Broke's trailer done in two versions-dream and nightmare because not everyone wants a place 'done up', sometimes 'done down' is called for.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 13th May 2014 at 12:52 PM
A renovated Maxis lot just has to meet creator guidelines. Usually the roof, lack of landscaping, and poor routing are the big issues with Maxis lots. I wouldn't worry about others doing the same thing as everyone's build style is different, use of cc or not, and how close they stick to the original Maxis house.

Usually when I do makeovers, I only allow cosmetic changes (with the exception of the roof). I have one hood right now, The Hood that Could. Dumb name right? lol But basically no cc, and using whatever EA gave me to show that a house could look decent.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2014 at 2:01 PM
Thanks HL. That is what I did-roof, landscaping, decorating and the nice trailer got a reworked floor plan, so that sounds like they will be fine. I figure if the house looks like a totally new house I might have well built a new house.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~