Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2014 at 6:14 PM
Default Taking Pictures of Fading Stairs
I have been trying (and failing) to take a decent eye level shot of the foyer that includes the stairs. The modular ones leading down into the basement don't fade but the regular ones going upstairs do. I played with my graphics settings and nothing prevents the stairs from fading once my camera is at the door. Any suggestions?
Screenshots
Advertisement
#2 Old 29th May 2014 at 7:43 PM
looks okay.
Instructor
#3 Old 29th May 2014 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RockStarDrunk
I have been trying (and failing) to take a decent eye level shot of the foyer that includes the stairs. The modular ones leading down into the basement don't fade but the regular ones going upstairs do. I played with my graphics settings and nothing prevents the stairs from fading once my camera is at the door. Any suggestions?

are you using camera mode [tab] key and the qweasd buttons? if you use the mouse also you can adjust view.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th May 2014 at 11:14 PM
Not entirely sure what you're saying. I can see both sets of stairs there.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
#5 Old 29th May 2014 at 11:44 PM
easy
press tab and use Q,W,E,A,S,D keys to navigate, then hit printscreen, to take the picture, when your lined up, will look a whole lot better without the livemode controls at the bottom.

Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Instructor
#6 Old 30th May 2014 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon

I think they wanted to take a ground/ eye level photo..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th May 2014 at 8:02 AM
I'm trying to take a shot from the front door. The only shot I could get of the stairs going up was at a downward/from the sky level. I attached a pic of what I'm trying to replicate. Is there a mod for no fading objects?
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 30th May 2014 at 8:13 AM
As was said you just hit Tab and use the letters keys to move the camera around. If you want to take decent pictures you need to get familiar with camera man mode. Stairs, trees, rocks or anything else that fades out, like certain objects under the architecture tab in M&G will stay in sight no matter how close you get in camera man mode/Tab.

http://www.slideshare.net/docnerd/d...ummies-tutorial This is a an old tutorial originally on the exchange, which is why the quality isn't so great.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 30th May 2014 at 10:13 AM
Oh OK - yes, you need to use camera mode as the others have said. One trick with that is to get the camera in the position you want and go into camera mode. You can then press page up and upper floors pop into view (or the roof). The thing is, the position of the camera doesn't change when you do this. Difficult to explain but once you get the knack, it's easy to see multiple levels.

Also, there is a setting somewhere in the control panel to make objects on other levels always visible. Sorry can't remember where it is (because it's ages since I turned it on) but if you hunt around you should find it. That way you can see objects on different levels to the one you are on.

Finally, I'd suggest a camera mod - most of them allow you to move the camera around with more flexibility.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc