Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 3:48 PM
Default Removing or replacing snakes
My partner has a phobia of snakes, and asked me if there were any mods out there that could remove snakes from the game. I looked around and couldn't find anything, but I thought I might be able to do something.

She is mostly concerned about snakes spawning on her Sim's lot, and/or her Sim's cat finding a snake. (Avoiding the snake charming basket from WA should be pretty easy. :P)

So, would it be possible to make a mod that either:
1) stops snakes from being spawned by spawners, or
2) replaces the models and icons of the various snakes

and how would I go about doing that? I know how to use S3PE, a little (I successfully fixed some pre-Pets furniture by following the guide here).

Thanks for your help
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 8:28 PM
You could delete the spawners with MasterController. I am not sure right now if the minor pets all use the same spawners in that case there would be no more minor pets around.
The snake charming should stop if you delete all the baskets from the world and forbif the skill with StoryProgression.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyTheSnowcat
You could delete the spawners with MasterController. I am not sure right now if the minor pets all use the same spawners in that case there would be no more minor pets around.
The snake charming should stop if you delete all the baskets from the world and forbif the skill with StoryProgression.

Your post inspired me to look into just how minor pets are spawned, and snakes have their own spawners! Like you said, deleting them (and the snakes themselves) with MasterController was easy.

Well, I'm embarrassed that I tried to get help for something so simple. Thanks for answering!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 6:23 AM
Glad I could help
And isn't it kind of typical to always think of the complicated solutions first?^^