Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 3:45 AM Last edited by justJones : 9th Feb 2014 at 3:23 PM.
Family Enemies - A Legacy Variation
Hello I felt like doing a legacy variation, and came up with this. An Overstuffed mod is recommended for this challenge but not required. Play by usual legacy rules except for what is mentioned below.

BASIC STORY:
2 sims have always been enemies. They resent each other for a reason the player came up with. Unfortunately, they are doomed to live on the same lot. Since they are too poor to make any decisions on who gets the household for good, they decide that their families will debate it over the years, which will, unknowingly, take 10 generations.

STARTING OUT:
Create your 2 founders with visibly different genetics (for example, one has blonde hair and blue eyes, the other brown hair and green eyes, etc). They both must have different last names, and at least 2 conflicting traits. They can be male or female, but can only be housemates or siblings (but I recommend housemates). Their favorite colors must be different, pick ones you like because is is your families' trademark color. The family household name must be their last names separated by a hyphen (example, the Smith-Johnson household). Move the family into the legacy lot. Once they are on the lot, you must IMMEDIATELY use the cheat testingcheatsenabled to drag their relationship bar all the way into the red. Then have them "declare nemesis." Afterwards they can have jobs, and spouses, etc.

GAMEPLAY:
-Once you have enough money to build a solid house, they must have 2 different living areas which family members of the other family are not allowed to enter. They must have the family's theme color (favorite color of founder).
-Each time a family member is born, you must decrease the relationship status of the others into the red, for example the Smiths have a baby girl, all the Johnson's must be enemies with her.
-The 2 families cannot interact with each other unless it is a "Mean..." interaction, or one that would decrease the relationship bars.
-2 members or more of the different family is not allowed on the same lot other than the household lot. For example Sally Smith and Jane Johnson want to go to the pool, however only 1 can go since they are not members of the same family.
-2 family members can somehow raise their relationship and have a relationship of friends or even lovers, but if you are caught you must become enemies again and break up if they are dating and you must build their relationship up again if you want to continue the affair. Marriages and births are not allowed between the 2 families at any time.
-No family members can have the same career as the other, for example Henry Smith has a job in the Culinary career, so now Bob Johnson cannot be employed in the Culinary career unless Henry quits or retires. However Henry Smith and Sally Smith can both be employed in the Culinary career.

Scoring system *coming soon*
This scoring system decides who gets the house once it's generation 10. If you don't want to use a scoring system, you can just have the families fight, or pick your favorites, or come up with another way to choose. It's up to you

I will try this challenge out soon but until then let me know what you think and how I can improve this challenge

How come Mario can smash through bricks, but he dies when he touches a freaking turtle..?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 8:40 PM
I'll try it now! Great challenge :]
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 1:05 AM
Bump! :]

How come Mario can smash through bricks, but he dies when he touches a freaking turtle..?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 1:41 AM
humm... I will try this and name my families the Hatfields and the McCoys XD

maybe... :P

Don't Cry for me I'm ordinary and unimportant
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 9:15 PM
Starting this out with families Dalton and Hall. Great Challenge :P
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Death Of Life
Starting this out with families Dalton and Hall. Great Challenge :P

Kamea Hall and Emmy Dalton Just Became Enemies.
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 2:46 AM
Trying it now!
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Jun 2013 at 8:22 PM
This challenge is amazing
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 7:47 PM
I'm finally doing this challenge. This post soon with pics c:

Instructor
#10 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 7:54 PM
I think it would be more interesting if their was a scoring system to determine who "wins" at the end of the challenge rather then just leaving it down to a single fight.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Andygal
I think it would be more interesting if their was a scoring system to determine who "wins" at the end of the challenge rather then just leaving it down to a single fight.

That sounds awesome! I'll definitely implement this. Thanks!!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Jul 2013 at 10:34 AM
I started this, a while ago actually. Here's my family (please note how original the sames are /sarcasm)

Keira Cappa, in the Political career

And Rachael Monte, in the Criminal career. (If you haven't noticed already, their last names are Romeo & Juliet spinoff names.)

Their tiny house. If you can even call it that XD

I immediately made them enemies :D

Rachael won the first fight... probably cause she's athletic XD

I will update again soon

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 6:03 AM
Hey guys! After this save file has been collecting dust I've decided to play it again... I'll post screenshots soon ^.^

Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Nov 2013 at 5:53 PM
Totally trying this challenge! It seems really cool!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amanitoo
Totally trying this challenge! It seems really cool!

How did it turn out?

Test Subject
#16 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 4:15 PM
I totally want to try this later today with two witch sims. I'll post some pictures after I start.
Test Subject
#17 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 5:56 PM
*Bump*
Test Subject
#18 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 5:10 AM
Okay well here is my simmies
Meet Alice Day:

shes good and artistic (with some other traits I can't remember)

And heres Elsa Night

Evil, mean spirited and hates art

------- And the legacy of feuding begins-------
Immediately Elsa began complaining about good people

Elsa -" Ugh goody two shoes in your bluuuuuue dress"
Alice - 'ignore her and think of vacation I could be on if I didn't have only a dollar to my name'

shortly after they began fighting....

And then Elsa had this pose like she was going to strangle Alice....

Can't wait till they begin to have magic battles and also get boy friends. I may post more pics as I play. I'm having fun so far.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Raewitchofheart
Okay well here is my simmies
Meet Alice Day:

shes good and artistic (with some other traits I can't remember)

And heres Elsa Night

Evil, mean spirited and hates art

------- And the legacy of feuding begins-------
Immediately Elsa began complaining about good people

Elsa -" Ugh goody two shoes in your bluuuuuue dress"
Alice - 'ignore her and think of vacation I could be on if I didn't have only a dollar to my name'

shortly after they began fighting....

And then Elsa had this pose like she was going to strangle Alice....

Can't wait till they begin to have magic battles and also get boy friends. I may post more pics as I play. I'm having fun so far.

Glad to see you like it so far!!

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 12:48 AM
Oh wow, this seems like a great challenge! I'm sure to try it...if my game becomes playable again, gosh, sims is a hassle! Anyways, I love the challenge! Post more adventures of your sims! They seem awesome.

“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!”
— The Doctor, Season 2, Episode 2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 15th Feb 2014 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NinjaTessa
Oh wow, this seems like a great challenge! I'm sure to try it...if my game becomes playable again, gosh, sims is a hassle! Anyways, I love the challenge! Post more adventures of your sims! They seem awesome.

Sadly I switched computers that I played Sims on so I lost that family, but I'm making a V2 of that family soon so yeah

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 5:28 PM
I know this is an ooollllddd thread but I love this challenge and will be trying it out soon
Test Subject
#23 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 7:11 PM
I'm going to make 2 Maleficents; and their families would hate each other for generations. However, I'll name the good one Angelina so that I won't get confused. The evil one will keep the name Maleficent.
Test Subject
#24 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 3:29 AM
Default too cool i have the emperor of evil and the leader of the freeworld in my bin -
gonna drop them into a lot and start this! I rolled a dice and odd won (evil) so he gets the first watch - I will run this like an ISBI for the first generation - switch control every morning mwhahahaha - this is going to be fun
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 3:56 AM
I'm trying this and my sims are dirt poor XD(I put them in the largest empty lot...) I used up all their money on a few walls, beds, and 2 painting easels...