Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 8:05 PM
Default Any help with removing the shiny?
Hey all,
I clayified some hair, and its turned out great after 2 days and failure,
However i cant seem to get of the shiny coating, i thought it was my settings at first, but iv changed them multiple times from low to high, vice versa, still the same.

Anyway here it the hair, anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of the shiny plastic look?.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 12:42 PM
Without seeing your package I'm only guessing, but in transparency (SimGlass) hairs this can be caused by a missing bumpmap. If your meshes link to a bumpmap make sure it exists, and if they don't add a blank one. CAS Tools has a fix. The other thing to check is the specular.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Banned
#3 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 7:24 AM
you definitely need a bump map, I had the same problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 12:00 PM Last edited by tiani17 : 3rd Apr 2018 at 7:20 PM.
Thank you both for replying, I will take a look at the bumpmap and see if its the problem.
Thanks again for your input

Edit :
The Cas Fix worked, thanks a bunch for your help :D