Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 10:38 AM Last edited by stellari : 13th Jun 2018 at 3:01 PM.
Default [SOLVED] The weirdest vanishing mesh problem (now with pictures)
So, I've had my fair share of problems with meshes that don't appear in-game, but this new one takes the cake.

I've made a new window, which looks good on TSRW, shows in game catalog, can be placed and... some of the mesh shows, too. But some of it (some groups?) is missing.
The truly weird part, however, is that the mesh appears when I tilt the camera in a way that I'm looking down on the window. But if I look straight on, the mesh disappears again.

Stupid as I am, I didn't screenshot the problem before pulling the item from the game. I'm currently trying to find what's wrong on my own, I'll propably re-test the window in-game later today and I'll get screenshots then.

Screenshots now added.

TL;DR Part of a window mesh appears and disappears when tilting camera in-game
Screenshots
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 3:19 PM
Hi there!

Have you checked the normals? TS3 doesn't support backfaces. You want to look for a darker shade on your mesh and rotate those.I covered the backfaces in this post, so that could be a great start!

http://greeniestutorials.tumblr.com...ender-shortcuts
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 12:32 PM
Hi, thank you very much for your help. Unfortunately, back faces were not the issue, as I checked and found none.
I still don't know what part I messed up, but I got the window to work correctly after cloning a new object and using that as the "base." Did not need to modify my mesh or textures, so no idea where the problem was in the original project.
But all is well that ends well, I now have a nice working window for my game

PS. Will definitely look at your tutorials for help whenever I run into problems in the future, though!