Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#151 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 5:11 PM
I love this tutorial. It just took away all the trouble in making some nice pictures. I just have one weird problem: The picture (both image and frame) don't hide when the walls hide, the keep showing. All I can say, is that I saved the images in PNG format, non-interlaced (worked with Photoshop), and used the same size that the original picture.

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks again for a great tutorial!
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#152 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 6:38 PM
Are you looking at the painting in Buy mode? Because then the paintings don't go down with walls, only after you go to "play" mode.
Test Subject
#153 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 11:10 PM
Yes, I'm looking at the pictures in play mode. The don't hide at all. However, I did some testing yesterday at night, and I found that the problem apears only in the University dorms; in the downtown lots, nightlife or OBF, and in the normal lots (at least in Pleasentview), the pictures do hide with the walls.

So....I don't have the silghtes idea of what I'm doing wrong

Thanks for the tip, anyway.

Regards.
Test Subject
#154 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 7:34 PM
Thank you soo much! Normally I don't get a shit of these programs, but I thought I'd give it a try, so thanks for making it SO much better!

And thanks to all of you who asked questions, you really helped me!
Test Subject
#155 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 9:12 PM
Two of my creations havent appeared, can you have any explaination for this?
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#156 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 9:22 PM
By "haven't appeared" you mean they aren't showing up up under the base paintings? Or something else?
Top Secret Researcher
#157 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 3:24 PM Last edited by billielith : 16th Jan 2015 at 3:35 AM.
Default Maxis Template Sizes
Hi all,

I went in SimPE and took note of all sizes of the templates I had. I though it would help people resizing / cropping their custom pics before making them into a *Maxis* Painting for a better resolution.

Here it goes:

TEMPLATE SIZES - LIST

HORIZONTAL

Suspense 380x256
Over Sofa Painting 346x256
Farmland 340x256
Rolling Hills 256x128
Rainy Day Main Street 341x256
That Place Over There 406x249
Two Dogs and an Olive 732x468
Cantankerous Splatters 701x256
Reprint Serial #S-C0PU4 439x217
Lily Pads 422x217
Poisonous Forest 346x256
Waderfall 128x64
Fantasy Scape 342x256
Engineered Angst 256x128
SimCity at Night 512x256
Sent to My Room Without Dinner 382x194

VERTICAL

Surfing the Universe 256x435
We Call It Football 256x404
It's Reggae Mon 243x256
Winter blossoms 107x232
Pineapple 390x512
Grilled Cheese 390x512
Route 66 90x128
Bangpae Yeon from Simporters, Ltd 128x256
The Lady On Red 256x343
Olive Peynter's city SkyScape 256x429
The Fourth Element 256x464

SQUARE

Inverted Vertigo, Corver Art 256x256
Lone Daisy 128x128
Red vs. Blue 256x256
Bella Squared 256x256
Arghist Soldier 256x256
Transcendence 256x256
Handle and Spout 256x256
C Stroke 256x256
B Stroke 256x256
A Stroke 256x256
The Meaning of Fruit 256x256
Civic Idol 256x256

If this appears to be useless, feel free to remove it. Thanks again to Cynical Chick for her great tutorial.
Test Subject
#158 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 7:54 AM
So I would really like to create a new painting however, this tutorial only works if you've got winblows. Is there anyway to do it while running a mac? I do have boot camp with win xp but there's no photo editing software on that side.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#159 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 3:55 PM
SimPE itself is a tool that was designed to work on Windows only, no Mac version is available. I'm afraid that if you are interested in modding this game, at any level (from a simple recolour to a complex new clothing mesh) you need SimPE and a PC...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#160 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 3:38 PM
Thank you for this great tut. It was so easy to understand, so i thought maybe even i could make paintings.. well, i did, quite many at the time, and when i went to game.. nothing. I have all preferences just how those are meant to be, CEP and templates, nothing is missing, but my recolors don't show up under the base paintings. And i remember that sometimes i have downloaded others recolors, and they haven't been in my game either. So what is wrong, i really have no idea.
Top Secret Researcher
#161 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 3:47 PM
If you have an older CEP and installed new EP then you should need an updated CEP.

Also a recolor of Maxis will appear as an option in the same painting you recolored and not as a separate painting. ( but perhaps you already knew that).

Perhaps you could attach a recolor of yours to look at and see if there is anything wrong with the recolor itself. :-)

You will find my older and newest creations here
Test Subject
#162 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 10:27 AM
where do i download the CEP3 download? i cant find it any where on google. its just crap
Test Subject
#163 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 10:30 AM
rofl never mind hehe i found a post on here (mts2) so its worked now
Test Subject
#164 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 1:32 PM
Default A Little Problem...
First of all, thank you for this great tutorial! I've always wanted to create my own paintings for my sims and I did it a lot with Sims 1. And now I can do it with Sims 2 also!

I only have one little problem with my new paintings... I can create the pictures with SimPE with no problems and they also work fine in the game, but still the game flips some of my pictures even though I've unchecked the "Flip image" box in SimPE. The pictures seem fine in SimPE, they are not flipped but when I go to the game, they are flipped. This is very disturbing when I've made for example movie posters for my sims to enjoy and then it is flipped...
Scholar
#165 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 4:49 PM
Thank you CynicalChick ! I just have done a recoloration of a beautiful lake. I will test it in game soon. Thank you for this clear and *useful* tutorial !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Test Subject
#166 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 3:22 PM
Thanks, finally makes sense to me.
I was always looking for paintings of Elton John, but now I can make them myself!
Test Subject
#167 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 9:18 AM
Default The photostudio
When I tried to see photo studio, it appear grey! how can I do that? I tried to install a CEP it didn't work?
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 5:34 PM
Thnx CC

When you jump on your way down why do you ask yourself why did you jump?
Sometimes the quote 'think before you leap' comes in handy at that point
If you happen to see me down there you'll know I wasn't following my advice
Then we all know what happens...SPLAT!
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 1:34 PM
Thnx CC. I love the tutorial I'm about to go make me some My Chemical Romace Pics, my even Fall Out Boys for teens. If they come out good I'll probably upload em.

Emo's say 'yay'... just with a dead
I'm now playing and making stuff for Sims 3 so I'll give my name: Tempting_Fate nothing up at moment. Still getting used to it.
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 4:52 PM
Thanks very much, best tutorial ive ever read, but can you include how to make a picture using someone elses painting mesh, or is that explained in another tutorial? I dont know how you get a non Maxis painting mesh, into the picture base selector. Would really like to know how to do it ^.^ thanks, your tutorial has been very very helpful.
Test Subject
#171 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jonesi
Am bumping this because I also want to know how to make an original painting - not a recolour...I've used the search option and cannot find anything relating to it...

Any ideas??

EDIT: I'm having problems with this....I downloaded more picture templates
from here and using the Pineapple Nightlife picture, followed the tutorial to a T, but my recolours won't show up at all....

I always do that by copying the origional picture using object workshop and replacing the image in the texture.
Test Subject
#172 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 8:18 PM
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I’m trying to make a recolor of “The Muse” painting, but it won’t show up in Photo Studio so I decided to make it the long way with Object Workshop. When I import the image that I want and click on Build DXT and do all the normal stuff I would do with say, a rug it doesn’t create the recolor. Anybody have any idea as to why this is?
Test Subject
#173 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 1:00 AM
Default am lost!!!
how do you save the pictures from the games to go in the simpe...
Test Subject
#174 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 11:47 AM
Thank you so much Now I won't have to make my sims paint for days on end!
Test Subject
#175 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 3:31 AM
Thanks Soo Much. Finaly i can make pon pictures *smiles*
Xx
EmOKitti (tamabec)
Page 7 of 13