Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 10:02 PM
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 2:30 AM
So, where are the actual numbers? 10 Million... of? Is it base game+DLC, because I doubt it’s base game alone. There’s no way the base game alone moved 10 Million and EA were quiet about it.

10 Million is big numbers in this industry forna single product to do. 10 Million total sales of all DLC is more believable.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 4:22 AM
I'd believe 10 million for all the Sims basegames together, certainly.

Now, what percentage of that is Sims 4 sales, is anyone's guess. If they were truly fabulous, EA would be screaming it from the rooftops.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 5:54 AM
I have no idea what the real numbers are for what, but just thought it was interesting. Will assume that all the disagrees and funnies mean folks think that is suspect. LOL

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 5:55 AM
TS3 sold 124 million in it's lifetime if I"m not incorrect. 10 million isn't that surprising to me. But I would have to agree it being 10 million including all DLCs, but who knows.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
None of the clicks on the beans are mine, but I always wonder what Alexis's intentions are when she posts such articles. She knows EA doesn't post numbers, so what was the point?

I'm not really looking for a answer, just sayin'.

Probably just to be a topic of discussion, like here.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 10:45 AM
Or, you know, to get that site traffic flowin'. It's her job tho, and I guess, with Sims 4 not having much interesting going on, she has to do SOMETHING, right?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katxattack
TS3 sold 124 million in it's lifetime if I"m not incorrect. 10 million isn't that surprising to me. But I would have to agree it being 10 million including all DLCs, but who knows.

TS3 has a lot of products with stores released added on top of that. Money was coming on from everywhere. TS4 has mone of that. They just suddenly shifted 5 Million units in a year and were quiet about it? Electronic Arts? Whaaaat?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#10 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 5:22 PM
Very perplexing.

Last time I remember having to research this because no one would shutup about it. I ended up going to compare units sold to it's competitors on statistics websites, since Sims 4 did have competition ranking higher and lower that was a bit more transparent with their sales numbers. It ended up being that there was no way it could be 5mil, and sure enough Drake was discouraging people and saying they never confirmed that's what it was for. It was like a year later that SimGuruLyndsay confirmed they had then sold 5mil, so the conclusion is they showed a badge before they'd hit that mark. I wanna say the badges were shown around the time of Dine Out and the confirmation of 5mil came after Vampires and Toddlers, so pretty decent gap between the two.

Now? They know damned well what reaction this kind of thing gets. What's weird is that I doubt they'd lie THIS blatantly, so I'm left to think the badge has some purpose. On the other hand, when past games hit this milestone, it was announced and shouted from the rooftops, so the whole thing is weird. Maybe they're nearing 10mil, just like the case last time?
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 5:53 PM
Confirmation of it =/= it happening around that time. It could have happened before, but they decided to 'confim' it more than a year later. Maybe it's just 10mil units reached not from just basegame, but all of the Sims 4 packs as well. That would make more sense.

Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
When you ask somebody a question and they answer you, do you continue to ask the same question?

You do if you have to do just that for living :D
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#12 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 8:11 PM
I have 17,502 Downloads according to my profile, spread across 5 downloads. So, does that mean that 17,502 worship me as their modding god? Unfortunately not, because I also learn that I have only 813 Thanks, and some of these probably already regret it

10 million units sold? 10 million of what? And how many were returned after 48 hours? And how many are actually played? And spread across how many DLC packs? Or bought during a sale?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
I also learn that I have only 813 Thanks, and some of these probably already regret it

I regret nothing. Don Babilon is one of my favourite Sims! :lovestruc
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#14 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 12:24 AM
Aww! Thank you!
(He's a bit of a fool though, isn't he?)