Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2018 at 6:05 PM
Default "Grant: Create A World is not out of the question"

Tweet 1
Tweet 2

If they did release a TS4 CAW then that would be amazing. We've seen some pretty cool concept worlds created by simmers. (here & here)

Wonder how yesterdays meeting went... I don't have twitter so can't ask
But I'm not getting my hopes up...

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 31st May 2018 at 6:21 PM
Create A World is desperately needed, especially if there are ways to include more neighbourhoods/lots in the worlds than the team like to offer. If they can't make it work, then they really need to be providing more worlds and more space generally.

It'd be interesting to see how a Create A World would work with The Sims 4, because they clearly aren't "worlds" in the same way the previous games were, they're made up of all sorts of separate parts - the map, the neighbourhoods, the lots, the background decorations.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st May 2018 at 6:26 PM
Yea It's not the same as TS3 CAW, but I'm sure people would make it work.

All I want is some damn world with more small lots and no stock buildings placed around it so that I don't have to match the style.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st May 2018 at 8:08 PM
It’s been 3, almost 4 years...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#5 Old 31st May 2018 at 8:47 PM
If they can not create a CAW for Sims 4, they can create templates and do so as in the Sims 2. But for this they need not be lazy.
Instructor
#6 Old 31st May 2018 at 8:49 PM
The worlds thing is ridiculous. I was hopeful that someone wicked smart would've figured out how to do it themselves by now...but alas.

Crossing my fingers. I just want some tiny lots, damn it!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 31st May 2018 at 9:27 PM
Create a World confirmed for 2025!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 3:14 AM
CAW doesn’t seem to be very productive. Worlds don’t work the way they do in TS3. It loads all of your Sims in town plus every other town. This automatically imposes limitations on a game.

I assume it will be limited to hell and back.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#9 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 3:20 AM
That might be true, but a gal/guy can dream.

I was never successful with TS3 CAW tool. Frankly, I was never successful with TS3 in general.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 6:02 AM
Oh Hell No!!! do not encourage these half assed idiots to make a Create a World tool for this game.... No NO No...they will just fuck it up and make it so limited... OH yeah and most likely will charge out the ass for it.

Now... If a genius modder wants to take a crack at it....Fine by me.... but not anyone affiliated with EA/Maxis and their gang of gurus.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#11 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 8:38 AM
Matrix, caw is just a terrain sculpting and geography town-planning tool. Remember, in TS4, you would be CAWing one neighborhood at a time. So it would be exactly the same as the old CAW except with a 5-lot limit instead of the 64+ from TS3 :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#13 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 9:21 AM
There is no guarantee it's going happen at all anyway, just lettings player know its not impossible. If it does happen you would presume it would very last thing released for the series.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 2:14 PM
but grant said that doing the open world means restarting the whole sims 4 projects too. I'm confused
dodgy builder
#15 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 2:27 PM
New leadership and strategy perhaps? It depends on weather ts4 has the appeal beyond the end date for the franchise though, ts3 still has appeal and people still make stuff.
#16 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 2:36 PM
Well I have often said that I wished they'd spend longer enhancing one incarnation rather than starting over every 4 years. Although I wish they'd done that with TS2 rather than waiting till TS4 (which isn't my favorite in many ways) I think it would now be better for us players if they did just that with the current game.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#17 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 3:55 PM
I wish they would stop saying "it's not off the table" and instead actually put things on the damned table. Actions speak louder than words, and people have been wondering what's up with firefighters and burglars for example for years now. Still not here, despite their tweets.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 6:08 PM
I wish Grant would go back into his twitter hole and stop stirring the damn pot. Oh yes, let's get everyone all distracted and stirred up over shit that is never gonna happen. This way EA/Maxis can go back to breaking up these packs into "micro packs" and charging 10.00 - 40.00 bucks a pop depending on how they want to label it.

This whole routine they do.... weeks of silence and then drip feed the masses tid bits of future content info.... it's getting real old. And then bringing one of the most hostile gurus to do their PR work is a desperate call. I'm pretty sure they were gonna end it. They thought that damn mobile thing was going to be the real money maker and it hasn't worked. So now they are going to drag this thing out...break up the content some more and see how much they can over charge for it before anyone notices.

Grant making the very vague statement of Create a world not being off the table is just infuriating. Like we need them to screw something else up...I can't even imagine how much more limiting this would be. and I don't know who said it...but yeah... you can bet your ass they would charge for it.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 6:15 PM
It’s not IN the question either. It’s been how long since launch? If it comes it comes, but I’m not holding my breath. Although I was completely shocked when they actually came out with toddlers. Sometimes pigs do fly I guess.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 6:40 PM
I have to agree they will most likely release "CAW" when TS4 ends.

Not that modders aren't doing amazing work now or anything, but when TS4 is abandoned in a sense by EA is when we will see the game really blossom.

Forum Resident
#21 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 6:57 PM
Let's hope that if we get CAW it's intuitive and allows us to create worlds with more than only 10 lot spaces

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Mad Poster
#22 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 9:36 PM
I may be totally wrong but I think it will never be released. He just does not want to give a flat no.

As I told my mother as a child "maybe means no later".
Instructor
#23 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 3:05 AM
And I always told my mother "maybe always means yes"
#25 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 8:39 AM
Actually, Grant reemerged as a guru just when they got their new community manager. Do I smell office politics?

Page 1 of 3