Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 9:38 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons
Default How to get rid of awful base game hairstyles such as this one?
I was using hiders to get rid of all the ugly clothes and hairstyles however these pigtails still keep popping on my sims despite hiding it so i'm wondering how to get rid of it. I got it from aging my children up to teens.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 1:35 PM
The usual tool for recategorizing and blocking Allow for Random usage on EA CAS parts is EasyCASP Editor. Note that unfortunately EasyCASP does not work on Patch 1.69 nor on Steam/1.67.
http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...te/uploads/1589

Merely removing the unwanted parts from CAS view, however it's done, doesn't stop sims from picking them up on their own.

The pigtails and a few other mostly unwanted CAS parts present a different challenge though. What happened is that multiple instances of some of these parts were included in the EPs and patches as they came out over the years. Some of them ended up being valid for both genders. Tools such as EasyCASP can only reach the first instance of parts that have multiple representations within the game, so are useless on preventing or controlling them. The only way to block them entirely is to edit the actual game files and the patch's delta builds. It's fussy and a bit complicated. Many of us don't bother and just use MasterController or some other means to give sims better hairstyle and clothing choices as we see them on screen.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 2:48 PM
I think the hair came with the base game but the females could wear it. I don't know why it showed up on my guy.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 4:28 PM
I think I know why. Did your guy have a custom hair before he aged up?

Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon

Seems perfectly plausible, including your hidden "boring technical details" as one potential source of the problem. But it can't be the only source. Many players who have no CC at all in play get the pigtail infestations. It seemed to be worse for some after the release of ITF and Patch 1.63, but there were plenty before then and some at the time who didn't have ITF and who hadn't patched up yet still reporting these. And then some of us who have enough CC hairstyles in play to kill a medium sized moose never see it happen.

In my game I do get unwanted CAS parts on age-ups and assigned randomly, but not the pigtails. It's remotely possible that I randomly don't happen to have any CC hairs with the unwanted CASPart2Index even though I never took any steps to avoid them, and my towns' sims never carry any of the EA hairs that also might be so affected, but seems like the odds of that happening all by itself would be a bit low.

We've heard everything under the sun blamed for this happening, including NRaas StoryProgression (which has nothing to do with CAS or hair selections). At least some of the explanations are more reasonable sounding, like yours and the detection of duplicate CAS parts within the game files that I mentioned are, than many of the others.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 9:11 PM

Yes he was wearing this hairstyle before he aged up.
Screenshots
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 1:06 AM
Do you have a link to this hairstyle?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 3:21 AM
Do you have a link to this hairstyle?

I'm don't know about the exact link but I googled Sims 3 African American then I went to CurlySim Tumblr and found a bunch of African American stuff I think that's where I found the hairstyle. I'll let you know when I found it.