Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 8:58 AM Last edited by Lyralei : 19th Nov 2017 at 11:47 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
How To Transfer My Sims 3 Games To New Computer (When The Old One Doesn't Work)?
Hello, I am in need of some serious help here. Today my computer crashed and won't turn on anymore. However I had been suspecting the "death" of my laptop for a whole week now since it is ANCIENT and had been acting up on me. Luckily all my important files are backed up, but my Sims games are not, and least I don't think so. I plan to get a new computer next week but I am very worried that I'll be unable to play Sims 3 on it. I have a Sims 3, EA, and Origin account, but I don't know how they're all linked. I don't even know of all my Sims 3 expansion and stuff packs are registered on there. And I got my Sims 3 games from different sources. For example I bought Sims 3 Pets on Amazon with an online code so I don't have the disc. And there are other packs I bought online through Origin last year which also had an online code. Where can I find these codes and will they work again? I also have some discs of Sims 3 packs but will those codes work again as well? I don't really know how the hell all these packs connect together but I really want to know if I can get all my games through my account, since I cannot transfer the games system to system. All help appreciated, thanks.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 11:32 AM Last edited by igazor : 19th Nov 2017 at 1:49 AM.
You wouldn't be able to transfer the installation of the game directly anyway. Installed programs with DRM protection need to be installed fresh on new computers, not copied over. Your user game folder with its added content and saved games would have been salvageable, but unless you have a backup of that folder someplace then I guess that point is moot.

If you have one Origin account and one TS3 account on the original TS3 website using the same credentials (email address/password), then this is easy. If your games are registered to that account, then Origin will already know who you are and which games you own when you install it and login on a new computer, and will allow you to reinstall everything that was registered to you digitally. If you still have codes that have never been registered to you or to anyone else, then you could do so at that point. On the Amazon one, if necessary you could look up your purchase there and retrieve the code if you still have access to the same Amazon account.

If you have multiple Origin accounts or there is some kind of disconnect between your Origin account and your TS3 site account, then only EA Customer Service can help you sort that out and get everything you have all in one place. That would require a real time conversation with customer support, that is by online chat or telephone call back, not by emailing or waiting for messages to be responded to.

Sorry, but I have no idea what you mean by an "EA Account." As far as TS3 is concerned, there is the original TS3 site with the TS3 store still connected to it and there is Origin.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 11:33 AM
Yes, your discs should work in conjunction with your Origin packs.

If you install Origin and log in, any packs that you bought through that should show there for you to install.

If you log into your Amazon account, you should be able to redownload Pets again, or at least find the code and details of how to download it again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 5:11 PM
Thanks
Well, I'll see what I can do when the time comes I guess. I only have one Sims 3 and Origin account so at least that'll be a smooth ride! And the EA account is the one you get on www.ea.com and I think everyone has an EA account if they has a Sim 3 or Origin one but I'm not sure.
And happy to know that the discs work. Some of the discs I got from a frjend though. She already downloaded the game then removed it because Sims 3 didn'r run smooth on her computer, so I used the discs and codes again with no problem. I hope this will happen again with all the codes.

Question: I'll need to downolad all my mods again though right? (Darn there was a lot lol)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:58 AM
It might help to see if the computer store can get the files off the broken computer and transfer them to your new one.You might have to get it done at a computer repair shop if you're buying the new computer online and getting it shipped to you.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 1:54 AM
Any content that you would have added to your game, so this includes EA Store content, CC, mods, installed worlds, sims, lots and households in the respective bins, and saved games, would be in your prior TS3 user game folder in Documents. None of this is replicated by way of Origin, only game and EP/SP registrations are. TS3 is totally played locally. If there is no backup for that folder that you would have arranged for to a different drive or up to the cloud, then I'm afraid that stuff only exists on your former hard drive but no place else.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#7 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 11:46 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 1:39 AM
Thanks ^ I never used this forum before so I was unsure where to place my question. Plus it was hard to type that up on my phone, lol.
Okay guys well I got my new computer and good news!! I installed origin and it recognized that I purchased the Sims 3 base game. I have the Sims 3 base game on disc though so I wasn't worried about that. I also managed to find the expansion pack that I installed on Amazon again as well.
Now my only issue is that I purchased some expansion/stuff packs two years ago through origin, and I do not see them anywhere on origin. What's going on? If I purchased them, is there a way to see them in my download history through origin? Do I have to use the origin app to do this or website? :/ I installed these games using the same origin account as I have now- nothing has changed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 1:53 AM
Hey wait never mind!!!!!!! I figured it out!!! OMG I'll have all my games back. Thanks for all your help even though I didn't use much of it, hahah!!!