Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 1:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets
Default How to get back to default ages after using an age mod in Sims 2?
I installed an age mod but my sim fell in love with the pizza guy and now their ages are different. The mod only changes new sims' age (I downloaded the Realistic Ages Global Mod by SomeSimmer). The pizza guy's adult life is the default 26 days and my sim's age is 90 days. This is so annoying and I want to fix this so my sim's boyfriend won't grow up way earlier. Is there any way to get their ages to be the same length? Just removing the package file from my Downloads folder did nothing.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 6:27 PM
No it wouldn't because once the mod changes the ages, the information is stored with the sim in their sim file and not with the mod.

You can change ages with SimPE. You could just as easily give the new boyfriend extra days as remove the days from your sim. Alternatively, I guess, you could feed him elixir of life every three days or, if you have something like the simBlender in your game, age him down to teen and then back to adult. As long as you do that with the mod in your game, he will then gain the same number of adult days as your sim.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#3 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 6:11 PM
Try this (AgeCorrect.zip 2kb)
https://app.box.com/s/6hzj2igaefj94eixehm17up2ubug6qqv
Place it in your download folder and load any family, it'll idle for a few minutes to give your game a chance to settle then run in the background and correct the age of every (non pet) sim in the neighbourhood. It'll give you a message when it's done. Then save, exit and remove it from your download folder.
It uses the age controller to adjust sim's age duration, age days left and days in previous age so it uses the same constants that age mods override making it ideal for whenever you add/remove or change an age mod.

I have attempted to make it an intelligent fix by not just changing the age duration but also changing the days left so they will have spent the current number of days in the current age duration and not have to re-live any days, cutting it off at a minimum of one day left.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
It uses the age controller to adjust sim's age duration, age days left and days in previous age so it uses the same constants that age mods override making it ideal for whenever you add/remove or change an age mod. I have attempted to make it an intelligent fix by not just changing the age duration but also changing the days left so they will have spent the current number of days in the current age duration and not have to re-live any days, cutting it off at a minimum of one day left.

This mod was exactly what I needed. Three Sim days ago, I installed an aging mod and I attempted to make it effective for my current Sims by aging up, then down -- but that caused problems with changed clothing (from Castaway to pristine) and changing the shade of their hair (dark brown to light brown), so I gave up. Your mod was a quick, easy, painless fix! My Sims and I thank you! :lovestruc

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 6:21 PM
I used SimPE to revert back instead of aging up and down, after I saw what you described! Fortunately for us, we have this mod now.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 11:46 PM
Place it in your download folder and load any family, it'll idle for a few minutes to give your game a chance to settle then run in the background and correct the age of every (non pet) sim in the neighborhood. It'll give you a message when it's done. Then save, exit and remove it from your download folder.

What happens if I forget to remove it from the downloads folder? Does it keep trying to re-set the ages?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bkwrm112
What happens if I forget to remove it from the downloads folder? Does it keep trying to re-set the ages?

Yes! Every time you'll enter a lot..so once it's fixed, remove it from your game..
And by a lot I also mean, your entire 'Hood.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 12:59 AM
I simply age the moved in sim up and back down, they will then change to using the age mod.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 1:05 AM
Yes, but not only their age change. their hair, wardrobe..too much trouble if you ask me, especially when AgeCorrect mod exist.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 1:56 AM
If they are a moved in townie they might want to change hair and clothes. I tend to even if I made the townie myself because by the time I move them in I am tired of seeing them walk around in whatever outfit I first gave them. Whatever people prefer to do, I prefer to age them up and down. It's an option.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 8:20 AM
I have a lot of lifespanmods.
I am going to put a link to your post @chris hatch so people can use it from the start.
Thanks!

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#12 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 7:35 PM
I just use the sim blender or sim manipulator to add/remove days as needed. It's a bit of work to do the math for each sim, but overall I think it's the best option for my personal style and preferences.
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st May 2020 at 4:36 AM
Thank you for this. I removed an age changing mod but children and teens didn't change back. Now fixed
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 7:51 PM
Hey, I'm posting here cus it's in the subject, kinda.

Is someone else having problems with lifespans on Ultimate Collection?

I've tried different spans, with and without the age correct mod, in different Hoods, with new and old Sims, and I've reinstalled the game completely.

No matter what, once a lifespan is used, even after removal, adults Sims will have around 370 days as adults by deault, which is not the value any of the mods I tried were using. I checked them on SImPE. Removing the mods completely and trying a fresh Hood doesn't change this. Aging Base Game Sims up or down doesn't change this. New Sims come with this default age. Not sure what is going on here.

I'm fine with going without the lifespan mods, but I thought I'd ask y'all first. Thanks!
Alchemist
#15 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JuneOokami
Hey, I'm posting here cus it's in the subject, kinda.

Is someone else having problems with lifespans on Ultimate Collection?

I've used lifespan mods for ages, haven't noticed that problem. The days for each lifestage match what I set (so far as I can remember).

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 5:26 AM
Place it in your download folder and load any family, it'll idle for a few minutes to give your game a chance to settle then run in the background and correct the age of every (non pet) sim in the neighbourhood. It'll give you a message when it's done. Then save, exit and remove it from your download folder.
It uses the age controller to adjust sim's age duration, age days left and days in previous age so it uses the same constants that age mods override making it ideal for whenever you add/remove or change an age mod.

I have attempted to make it an intelligent fix by not just changing the age duration but also changing the days left so they will have spent the current number of days in the current age duration and not have to re-live any days, cutting it off at a minimum of one day left.

does this work with Phaenoh lifespan mod as well?

If there is no Sims.
There is no life!
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th Oct 2023 at 5:25 PM

Hi! Sorry for such a late message, but this hack doesn't work for me no matter what I do. No messages appear, no ages change. I played for a sim-day, waited past 6 pm, my sim became older but still in the default aging system. What do I do wrong? Mod is in the Downloads, and I tried age mods from MTS as well as my own custom mods, neither worked