Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 6:48 AM
Default Uploading files from Body Shop
Hi everyone, I've only gotten started on creating clothes on body shop, and I have to say it's pretty fun. I wanted to share some of my creations, but how can I do that without uploading my project? I know people just upload .package files. In my The Sims 2 folder, I have a folder that says SavedSims. I haven't experimented yet, but are those .package files going to work without the files from the Projects Folder? In other words, will the clothes I create on the Body Shop work with just those .package files from SavedSims instead of additionally including files from the Projects folder? (I probably didn't reword it all that much or...)

Please and thank you.

Happy Simming for like ever and only playing with Body Shop now.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 6:52 AM
You want the files from SavedSims that have your project name in them. So if your project is RedDress, then look in SavedSims and get the file called something like 8e7bae23_RedDress.package - that's your working file, and the only file you need. The others will not work.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 11:00 AM
Yes, the files in Saved Sims are the finalised version of the files and the ones you can share. Can I add to HP's post and say, rename those files to something sensible (you can do this without problem). Uploading a file called 8e7bae23_reddress.package is going to help no-one because there are hundreds, if not thousands, of creators who have made red dresses. When I make stuffiths, I use a formula which includes part of my name (so does HP) and some information in the name that allows users to identify it. So, completely made up name here but this is the sort of thing

max_AF_VenetianGownRed

max = me (maxon) - you might be SStar or something.
AF = adult female (the others are EF EM (elder); AF AM (adult); YAF YAM (young adult); TF TM (teen); CF CM (child); PuF PuM (toddler - don't know why it's Pu but that's what's in the game files and most people use that - can't be T anyway).

You could also add category if you like: everyday; formal; swim etc. though this might make the name rather long and Mac users (I think) have problems with that. Having said that, you can rename the files to anything, it doesn't affect how the game reads them. The key is to use a name people can recognise.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 5:10 AM
Thank you! This helps so much. I was worried about renaming them and it not being recognized. It's really helpful to also know I don't need the Projects file in both of my games for it to work.