Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 3:26 AM
Default grilling on community lots
So I am playing the vagabond challenge and it's going fairly well. Since my sim's favorite food is hotdogs, I decided to buy him some franks to make meals on the grills around town. Only to find to my vexation that he cannot store his doggies in his inventory for later enjoyment. And I have to watch as an entire plate of hot dogs go bad or get cleaned up by story progression. Is there a mod out there that eliminates this stupid limitation? I tried the picnic basket for him to carry around and eat out of but I have to pay 100 simoleons to "serve" the food in there which is ridiculous to me and a waste of money, something a hobo can't afford to do.

I find it irksome that he can only put food in his inventory when he's at home. The challenge requires that you leave the lot after you waste up the money and never return. Besides, even if I decided to grill his hot dogs on his home lot, I find it baffling that there's no option to do so unless you have a fridge, even though he carries his franks in his pocket. Silly, arbitrary details.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 5:57 AM
I found this out the hard way too. Playing a homeless man, I bought some raw franks at the groceries and my sim can only cook the entire serving (of 8 dishes). And since he only need 1 dish, he literately wastes 7 others. I can try to put the dish in inventory, but when taking it out, it seems to be unable to eat again (no option available).

TS3 doesn't seem to design with an existing scenario for homeless sims.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 5:47 PM
Even if that might be the case, it still seems silly to me that your sim will cook an entire serving of hotdogs and hamburgers and have no option to put them away, at least in the picnic basket before taking it home to store in a fridge. What about if your sim is having a day out at the beach? Should he or she have to waste hotdogs too?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 3:33 AM
you can drag the dish into the inventory. That is one way to carry your dish around. Although without a fridge hotdog may not last too long. Maybe a day.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 9:15 AM
Yeah, I tried dragging his dish into the inventory, but it wouldnt let that happen. No hand, only an arrow.

Not too concerned about spoiling... found a mod for that lol