Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2015 at 12:47 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default CAS sims automatically become vampires
Every sim I make automatically turns into a vampire as soon as I move them into a house and start playing them. And when I tried to change them back to their original life state with Master Controller, they became these weird hybrids. While their motives became green again, they still had the "Thirst" need and glowing skin and eyes.

My only other mods besides Master Controller are Story Progression, Woohooer, Overwatch and Error Trap, so I can't imagine what's causing this. I even took out everything except Error Trap and Overwatch, and it still happened. What should I do now?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 20th May 2015 at 8:45 AM
Auto-turning into an occult as soon as you start playing a sim isn't normal. When you removed most of your mods, did you clear your cache files before starting your game again? Are you using any other mods besides NRaas?

You can easily clear the occult of any sim using Master Controller on City Hall. BRB with the path...

City Hall > NRaas > Master Controller > Sim > Intermediate > Occult: Remove > Homeworld (or any criteria you'd like to use, like Gender: Female/Male, etc.) > Select the Sim you want to remove the occult status from > Click on occult(s) that show True. False means that the Sim is not that specific occult. > Click the check marks and you're done.

You can also use this same path to add occult status to Sims, just select Occult: Add instead.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th May 2015 at 4:11 PM
Thank you so much, it worked! But what's causing this to happen in the first place?

I clear the cache files almost every day, plus every time I add or remove a mod.

I'm not using any other mods besides the ones I listed, unless custom worlds and furniture count.
Instructor
#4 Old 20th May 2015 at 9:03 PM
I'm happy that it worked for you, but I don't know what's causing it to happen in your game. I've never seen or heard of that happening to sims before. Have you changed any of your occult ratio settings (in Master Controller I believe)?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st May 2015 at 9:28 PM
No, I haven't touched the occult settings. I looked at them, but everything seemed normal.

Anyway, I (kind of) fixed it. I clicked Town Hall > Nraas > Story Progression > Caste Options > Vampires > Caste: Automatic > False (somehow this was set to 'true' before). I have to do this every time I start a new world, though. If anyone knows how to make these settings permanent, let me know.
Instructor
#6 Old 21st May 2015 at 10:59 PM
Do you import your NRaas mods settings when you start a new game? If you do, you'll need to fix the caste (as you described above), and then export under a different name so your changes stick.

I'm not in-game right now to check if there are any other settings to make vampires automatic. Hoping that someone from NRaas pops in and lets you know why you need to keep changing that for every game. Or, you can ask about this over on the NRaas Chatterbox

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Chatterbox
Mad Poster
#7 Old 22nd May 2015 at 6:16 AM
Caste Automatic means when a sim is already a vampire (thereby meeting the criteria), they automatically become part of the Vampire caste. By switching that off, the caste becomes Manual so there won't be any sims in the Vampire caste at all unless you put them there manually. It doesn't create vampires out of mortals.

But this is indeed an odd sounding glitch. I've never heard it reported before either.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd May 2015 at 6:45 PM
Oops. Yeah, the caste automatic thing didn't work.

I would've asked about this at the Nraas site, but like I said, it still kept happening after I took out the mods.

I'll try to explain what's going on in more detail. In the first family I make per play session, the first few members of that family are automatically turned into vampires. How many family members are turned seems to be random - for one family, it was three sims out of four, and for a couple I made, only one of them was turned. After I fixed them through Master Controller (like lindali explained), it stopped happening during that play session. Every sim I made and moved in afterward was *not* automatically turned into a vampire. But when I exit the game and start it back up again, I have to repeat the Master Controller fix.

I'm starting to wonder if I somehow corrupted the game with nraas and just don't remember doing it. I guess I should reinstall the game...eventually. At least I have a temporary fix for now. Thanks.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd May 2015 at 10:19 PM
The vast majority of mods do not directly affect your computer's program files, which is where the install is. The ones from NRaas certainly don't. The only times a game should need to be reinstalled would be if you are dealing with hard drive damage, a faulty install package or damaged install disk, or you have installed something like an HQ mod that really does alter the game's program files (and even most of those wouldn't do this kind of thing).

You can place NRaas mods in any outdated, incompatible combination with no regard to patch levels that you like. Your game won't run or won't run properly that way until you remove them and fix that, but you still wouldn't have corrupted anything or need to reinstall.

Two things to suggest instead:

1 - I take it you are on the highest patch level. Download and run the SuperPatcher and repatch to 1.67. Even if the SuperPatcher tells you that you are all up to date, make it run anyway. It won't do any harm and doing this often fixes players' games when the Launcher does an incomplete job of patching but returns and says that the operation was successful anyway.
http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-3-super-patcher

2 - If that doesn't help, pull your TS3 game folder entirely out of Documents and place it on your Desktop for safekeeping. Launch the game to force it to create a new game folder and back out (quit). Redo your Framework with Mods/Packages and Resource.cfg, and add NRaas mods (only) back in. Startup a new test game and create some sims. Any better?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th May 2015 at 2:32 PM
Sorry about the late reply. I've been super busy.

I'm about to do both steps. When I do step 2, will I have to re-download all my store content?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th May 2015 at 4:07 PM
Can't tell yet, but probably not. That step is just a test to see if it's anything at all in your game folder that is causing the unwanted occult state being added to new sims. You can always put the entire old folder, which would include your installed store content, back where it was afterwards. Especially since it doesn't sound like your game is broken except for this one issue.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 2:15 PM
My game is up to date and I just did step 2 to the letter. It's still happening.

I did some searching on the official sims boards, and I found a couple of other people who were going through similar. Sounds like it's just bug with the Supernatural EP.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 4:19 PM
And did you try the Super Patch method to force the patching even though your game says it is up to date? Other than that, sorry not sure what else to suggest. If it's a bug, it's puzzling that it's not affecting everyone.