Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 7:54 AM
Default EP icons?
I'm searching for downloadable extracted icons from certain EPs (Showtime, Seasons, Supernatural, IP) - the only I could find came from Mixei.ru and I just get a blank page and no download link.

Alternatively, is there any tutorial in how to extract the icons from the game files?

Thank you.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 11:08 PM
You mean desktop icons or icons from within the game?

For the .ico file, you can use Resource Hacker
For the in-game icons, I don't know, maybe S3PE

Rock The Sims \m/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 11:47 PM
I meant the in-game icons, yes.
Instructor
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 4:53 AM
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=482682
Edit: Another link since I think the last one is only base game http://www.sims3cri.com/en/misc/vie...y/17-varie.html
Is this something like what you're looking for?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 8:39 PM
Yes, that's exactly what I'm searching for - but I'm after the in-game icons that came with Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, and Island Paradise. The only site that extracted them was thesims3mixei.ru, but their downloads aren't working.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 8:45 PM Last edited by HarVee : 4th Sep 2015 at 9:03 PM.
The "icons" you're referring to are simple IMAG files found within the FullBuild and DeltaBuild .package file(s) found within sub folders of the Electronic Arts > [Add-on Pack Here] > GameData > Shared directory.

Open S3Pe, open a .package file, find the images you're looking for and then extract them. One can pretty much do this with most UI elements in the game as they're found there too.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
The "icons" you're referring to are simple IMAG files found within the FullBuild and DeltaBuild .package file(s) found within sub folders of the Electronic Arts > [Add-on Pack Here] > GameData > Shared directory.

Open S3Pe, open a .package file, find the images you're looking for and then extract them. One can pretty much do this with most UI elements in the game as they're found there too.

This will do. Thank you!