Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 9:06 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims2Pack Files
I have the Ultimate Collection. I wanted to put some custom content in my game. Unfortunately, I'm not able to do so with Sims2Pack files. When I tried to use the Sims2Pack Clean Installer, it doesn't show up on my screen. I'm not able to click on Sims2Pack files either. I don't know if it's my laptop or others are having the same trouble. I'm wondering if I should go back to using my physical disc.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 9:11 PM
So you installed Clean Installer but when you click on it, it doesn't open? And if you click on a Sim2pack it doesn't open CI either? Have you tried right clicking the simpack and selecting 'open with'?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 9:49 PM
Sims2Pack Clean Installer doesn't open when I clicked on it and select 'Open With.' Before, I could click on a Sims2Pack file and it would install into the game. I didn't need the Sims2Pack Clean Installer. That was when I used the physical disc.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 4:35 PM
Sims2Pack Clean Installer works fine with UC. Just download the latest version, it has been updated for UC.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 4:48 PM
It must be my laptop since the Sims2Pack Clean Installer works fine for everyone else. When I select a custom content in Windows Explorer, I was able to put it in the game. Above in the navigation, has 'Open' with The Sims 2 icon. That was when I used the physical disc.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 7:55 PM
I'm a bit confused but what you are doing. Can you right click on a sim2pack and see properties? In there it should say type of file and then 'opens with' next to that is a 'change' button. if you click that it should give you a few programs to try opening it, including Clean Installer, select and click OK.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 4:58 AM
When I used my physical disc, I was able to click on a Sims2Pack file and the custom content would install into the game. I didn't need the Sims2Pack Clean Installer. When I use UC, I'm not able to click on a Sims2Pack file. The Sims2Pack Clean Installer doesn't show up on my screen. It shows that it's loading then stops. When I right click on a Sims2Pack file, I go to 'Open with' and find UC on my desktop. When I click 'Open,' then UC starts up. I'm in the game and the custom content is not there.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 5:17 AM Last edited by wert700 : 28th Nov 2014 at 7:00 AM.
Clean Installer requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 which is this one i think ( the link to it on the Clean Installer page is broken ) http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ls.aspx?id=6523

if you don't have this it might be why it's not working for you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 7:33 PM
I tried to install Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, but it says that I already have the program. I have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 on my laptop. I right click on a sim2pack file, Properties, Change, select The Sims 2 EP9, apply, then okay. UC starts up. I'm in the game and the custom content is not there. I right click on a sim2pack file, Properties, Change, select Sims2Pack Clean Installer, apply, then okay. Nothing happens. It shows that it's loading then stops. Oh well. I guess I can play UC without custom content for now until I get a new laptop. Thanks anyway.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 8:33 PM
Maybe try moving CI, where do you have it? Also you could try deleting the one you have and downloading it again.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 8:44 PM
I agree with Jo - remove it and download it again and make sure you download the version for UC - then your downloads folder should be in the right place. If you have a previous version, the Clean Installer will put stuff in the wrong place (explained in the FAQ about UC under Sticky threads here) - so I tend to think that might be your problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 9:31 PM Last edited by brice83 : 29th Nov 2014 at 9:55 PM.
It might be my laptop. I have CI on my desktop. I downloaded it from the sims2pack Clean Installer website and Mod The Sims. The Sims2Pack Clean Installer doesn't show up on my screen. It shows that it's loading then stops.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 11:01 PM
ummm have you tried right clicking on Clean Installer and choose "Run as Administrator" because i have to do that on my computer.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 12:49 AM
Also maybe Moo's answers on the thread might be helpful. http://modthesims.info/t/529046

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 1:09 AM
Yes, I right clicking on Clean Installer and choose "Run as Administrator." CI doesn't show up on my screen. It shows that it's loading then stops. I tried to follow Jo's suggestion. I went to the S2PCI.ini file to change the 'Save Game Path.' When I went to 'Save As,' I got 'Access is denied.' CI hates me.