Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#51 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 10:17 AM
I don't get why they insist giving us fifty different bars.
Advertisement
Theorist
#52 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chyrun

Yeah exactly.
I was hoping that over time that they would include stuff like phoneboxes, birdhouses, streetcones, barrels and the like.
I guess that stuff is just too obvious?
Bar, chair, painting, bar, chair, painting ad infinitum. :/

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Scholar
Original Poster
#53 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 3:35 PM
The game is better if you're drunk?
Forum Resident
#54 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 3:42 PM
*yawn*

havent downloaded any of it, not even the free stuff.
if one day they decide to put up anything that isnt the same old,
but actually something new, then i definatly wouldnt mind spending
my money on it.
Forum Resident
#55 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 4:08 PM
"Anju Falls"? I looked at the screenshot, and I didn't see any falls... >_>
Scholar
#56 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 10:30 PM
Still, it's a very nice looking neighborhood. Interesting too. Liked the pond/lake that kind of snaked around.
Instructor
#57 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 4:37 AM
I bought the faire Folk set, and there are a few things I like.

1. the men's frilly shirt. I've been wanting one for a while, and this looks really good on elves and rockers. Its on page 2 of the clothing section and is called Bardly. ITs very cool.

2. I like one or 2 of the ladies tops.

3. The Sylvan outfit for men is nice, but I've yet to find boots that go with it. The outfit cries for swashbuckler boots and there really aren't any. The ugh style boots clip when wearing.

I think they did a really bad job with their screenshots and sims models. They should've made these outfits in more vibrant and fairy-esque colors and done more with the sims to make them look fariy-ish.

Most disappointing thing was that there was (I believe) no new fairy hair. I'd like something longer for the guys.
Test Subject
#58 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 8:03 AM
The fair folk is something i have heard the Irish mythical Faeries/Elvish called.
It is a not uncommon euphamism.
An extra e will always make everything mystical and cool and unique. Is'nt that obvious?
EA are a wierd bunch but then... who isn't.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chyrun

I was happy to see the new bar. The other ones don't fit into a lot of my decor as well... I have NO use for the tiki one, in particular, and a lot of the others have too much glass or other junk on them.
Scholar
Original Poster
#60 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 3:30 AM Last edited by summersong86 : 7th Mar 2010 at 4:39 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by LethalLaurie
"Anju Falls"? I looked at the screenshot, and I didn't see any falls... >_>
Yeah I know. Well the island was named after fictitious Captain Anju. There's a dive well near the grocery. Maybe Captain Anju fell into it. And some islander saw that and said "Anju Falls!" And so the town was named. Hey, I mean if Stephen King's 'Salem's Lot could be named after the sty of a pig named Jerusalem, I suppose anything is possible when it comes to naming towns.

The creator of Anju Falls is currently working on a world modeled after a Greek Island. So naturally, he named it "Nantucket." I kind of like how that dude thinks. And...I like that he put some things into Anju Falls that I asked him to. Original version of the island had no waves in the ocean and not much in the way of sound effects and that seemed odd to me so I asked him to put some in, if he could. There was also a huge rip in the ocean and I found from other people out how to fix that and passed the info along so he went ahead and fixed it and put in the waves and some gulls for me since he was fixing the rip anyway. He's really nice. (At least I think the person is a he. I could be wrong about that. ). Anyway I've got some really awesome beach lots on that world now and it feels like a mini vacation every time I'm in it.

I liked the frilly shirt and the Robin Hood type of outfit for men in the set. But I agree, we need better boots to go with it. We basically have nothing, now.

I haven't downloaded any of the set yet. I am about to redeem some of the cards I got for Christmas and get some EA points and maybe pick up some furniture and the clothing I just mentioned. Whether or not any self respecting fairy would actually be caught living in a tropical world, that fairy set furniture is just the perfect and color and texture for my Anju Falls buildings.

EDIT: Dang, Mishy's cat is hypnotizing me again. I swear I can't stop staring at that crazy cat throwing punches at me.

UPDATE: Couldn't get the items I bought to download into my launcher. Ack. I don't know if it's a problem on their end or mine. I did recently add the Extended Game Core mod to my computer. I don't know if that affects the launcher or not. Hmm...trying to decide to keep the core mod or not. I really like being able to just create one stinking teen in CAS and adding them into an existing family without having to make an adult to accompany them that I'm just going to delete as soon as the teen gets adopted by the new family. Oh well I'll get it all sorted out, I suppose. You just never know with that flakey launcher.
Test Subject
#61 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 4:03 PM
Summersong86 I find that if I download from the store ingame then I have no trouble with the launcher. I find that the launcher and the website don't seem to connect properly. Try going ingame and downloading your items.
Page 3 of 3