Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 5:37 AM
Default Number of Faces
A question that I'm curious about. Why does a morph mod have to have the same amount of faces as the original thing?

I tried to fix a custom food that had a broken half eaten state which was listed under morph mod in Milkshape, but every time I tried to export it told me that the morph mod didn't have the same number of faces as the original. Which was true, because I cut some of the original off to make it look half eaten, but why does it matter?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 5:16 PM
A morph just moves the vertex of your original mesh, it nerver adds nor remove any vertex.
This is like origami : you can take the same piece of paper and fold it in different ways to obtain different shapes. but you don't cut nor add paper. when you unfold the paper it should go back to its original shape.
This is how morphing works. You can't chop off parts of your mesh. but you can eventually hide the part you don't want somewhere inside the mesh.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 3:50 AM
Ah I see, thanks. So I'd have to shrink unwanted bits down and hide them.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 2:03 PM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 5:24 AM
And I did that. Finally fixed a custom food with a broken half eaten state, so I can use it!