Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 12:32 AM
Default Can and how do I add Radio Stations?
I know a lot of you are amazingly technical with this game, and I am very vaguely intelligible with all of this. I can do some things, and I'm getting better... but I still have a ton to learn.

Right now, I'm wondering if it is possible to create a new radio station that's functional within The Sims 2. That way, I can make more stations based on other music I want to add to my game... perhaps based on Artist, or genre or even just a certain playlist I'd like to have. So is there a way to make a NEW radio station and keep the old ones? And if so, how can I do this??????

All help if any will be GREATLY appreciated So thank you so much.
Also: I'm pretty sure this is the correct place to post this, because it's a question about making a game modification, but if it's not properly placed, I do apologize and will give no opposition to its re-placement.
Thanks again!
~sundance93

Check out my YouTube channels! Click Here
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 6:11 AM
I found this: Creation of Custom Default Maxis Radio Stations. But it says it is not compatible below the Pets EP.

An alternative that I have used in the past is to find a radio station that I do not like, mute all the songs from that station (in the Audio options), and then place my music in that directory. In effect it is a new station (I never renamed the station) because it only plays the custom music in the folder.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 9:53 PM
Eh... I've done that one before... but I actually do like the music, ya know? And I don't really want to have to go to options and rework what songs do and don't play each time I want a different play list etc. Thank you for the input though!!!! It doesn't go unnoticed and I actually haven't done that in so long that I forgot about it, so in case I never do get the answer I'm looking for, that idea will come in handy So thanks!

Check out my YouTube channels! Click Here
Test Subject
#4 Old 6th Dec 2016 at 8:32 PM
Does this include stuff packs? I only have Happy Holidays installed with the base game as of right now, I do have all the expansion packs, pets included, but they're in a box at my mom's house. Fortunately I'm getting them back the next time I come home from college.

Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
I found this: Creation of Custom Default Maxis Radio Stations. But it says it is not compatible below the Pets EP.

An alternative that I have used in the past is to find a radio station that I do not like, mute all the songs from that station (in the Audio options), and then place my music in that directory. In effect it is a new station (I never renamed the station) because it only plays the custom music in the folder.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#5 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 4:12 PM
I will have to fully explore it, but from looking at it, they made sound files in the program files. Or at least when I opened them with SimPE that is what I saw so perhaps you could make custom sound files, and put them in there somehow. Will have to look at this one later! I will have to read the tutorial. Interesting question I can make sound files, no problem, the problem would be the settings file. I don't have time, but will read the tutorial and let you know if I figure anything out. If I can't you won't. :D