Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 6:45 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to get every sim that goes to college to wear a uniform?
Ok. So i saw a couple of videos on youtube and these teens go to school (so i guess its the uni ep.) and they all wear the same uniform. girls with like a dress shirt, skirt and blazer and the guys a dress shirt and dress pants. i believe it was cc uniforms but how would you get all the people that go to school to wear a uniform.
Thanks in advance
~Rhea
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 6:56 PM
When I went to college we had to wear an academic gown to attend lectures and tutorials. The blessed thing had a heavy pad on the shoulders that dragged it backwards all the time. I suppose you could invent a similar nuisance for your undergraduates, and make each one change right after claiming a door.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 7:10 PM
If they're teens, then they're not going to university, they're going to high school. Just get your sims into private school, either by inviting the headmaster round and knocking his socks off, or by cheating your way in.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Site Helper
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 7:21 PM
If you get your kids into private school (as teens) they would wear uniforms like that every day as they went to school. But at Uni they don't. They wear whatever they have on. (I've seen them running off to class in swimsuits, pajamas, and one Outgoing guy even hopped out of a hot tub and ran to class naked. And no, he wasn't a streaker, he was one of my playables who was having trouble getting out of the hot tub until class was half over. If he had failed that semester I was going to cheat and fix it because the one who was keeping him in the tub was his teacher!)

A YA is taller than a teen, so you couldn't use the private school uniforms "as is", but I'm sure someone could enlarge them with a bit of work. (If it hasn't already been done.) You would then need a mod to force YAs to wear uniforms as they went to class.

You can get them into the Secret Society. Society members have "uniforms" that they change into. But there is no guarantee that they will be going to class in it.

Or you can do a combination of the two and modify the SS uniform. (That sounds like they are Nazis, doesn't it?) Then get a mod to force them to wear it to class.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 2:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJxzhoXehBg this video is an example of what i mean. how a very large percent are wearing a cc uniform
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 9:40 AM
They aren't at university - the player has just used a wardrobe to put them all in the same outfit and then sent them to a lot built to look like a school.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 1:56 PM
But then how come mostly every one else is wearing the outfit too?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 1:58 PM
Because the person who made the video wanted them to and set them up that way. People will go to elaborate lengths to get what they want in a video, and changing everybody to have the same outfit isn't even that elaborate a process.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 12:53 AM
Okaii. Thanks For That. But One last question.
Because ih dont know how to do that and i wanna make a video thing ig
Could somone explain please ? im very sorry this probably seem stupid but.....yeah
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 1:21 AM
that is very easy

if you want them to wear a (non) edited suit to school or where ever else they come together
just load a suit for the gender and age in the bodyshop (build content - new project - clothing) export it to be able to edit the texture
--if you edited and saved the texture hit the round arrow thingy to update the BS-project
and if you want to use what you see select it to become all available types, give it a tag name you can find it with and hit the import button
--->this will allow even to make university uniforms if you wish, if you missed a type that means they will not work all the time

then when in the game
- you can build the sim with it in all types wear that suit
- or if the sim has a life already buy it for all types and choose sim to wear this suit on all
do either of these for all sims you need to dress in a specific way

this trick will work on all ages that BS can work with (but not on pregnancy levels, that can't be done this way)
ps. the secret society suits are a bit harder to get to

remove me from your history, I'm not interrested in this site anymore
Mad Poster
#11 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 3:10 PM
And if you want to dress existing unselectable sims in the uniform as "extras," there are hacks that let you do that. I use Christian Love's Gussy Up hack, but that site is closed and it may not be the most efficient thing for your purpose here anyway. Ask on WCIF and search the hacks/mods downloads here to find the one that will work best for you.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)