Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 1:40 AM
Default Sims 2 Mod Essentials
Hey everyone! Thanks to a hard drive crash, I lost my Sims 2 mods, neighborhoods, installations, etc. a little while ago. I decided to move on given all my expansion CDs were scattered, and played other things for a while... However, thanks to Origin, I've now got the WHOLE Sims 2 set, and suddenly my interest seems to be returning
Now that you've heard my little story, onto my question: What are some mods/tools you think I shouldn't play without, and why?

Stuff I'm currently using(aside from small things that likely aren't worth mentioning):
-The Color Enable Package
-Coffee Cup Hack
-A camera mod that I don't remember the name to
-Lots of Vovillia's cars

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I like trains.
...and inside jokes.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 2:04 AM
Please don't take offense, but a lot of people have been asking this question every day for weeks. Scroll through some recent threads in this forum.

No one can know what your playstyle is or what mods will be important to you. But you will find lots of people listing their favorite mods and favorite CCs in recent posts.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 4:32 AM
You need to have the coruption-preventing mods. Read this: https://www.modthesims.info/wiki...Hood_Corruption and download the appropriate versions.

Other than that, it's just taste, and my must-have may well be your must-not-have.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#4 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 4:57 AM
I say pull a Veruka (that would also be known as a Sharpay to you younger folk) and be done with it! lol!

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 7:05 PM
See the last two links in my signature, especially in the "Methods of Avoiding corruption" section. A good number of mods and programs that will help keep your game healthy are listed.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 10:03 PM
You should also get an external harddrive or some such to do backups with, so you won't lose your progression or downloads if yet another harddrive crash happens.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 4:18 AM Last edited by Manan Master : 2nd Aug 2014 at 4:26 AM. Reason: Multiple quotes. Adding more bacon.
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Please don't take offense, but a lot of people have been asking this question every day for weeks. Scroll through some recent threads in this forum.

Must have missed them when I looked; thanks, I'll check it out
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
You need to have the coruption-preventing mods. Read this: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Hood_Corruption and download the appropriate versions.

That sort of thing is among the stuff I'm looking for. My favorite game at the moment is Fallout: New Vegas, so I'm no stranger to gamebreaking bugs and such, and it has taught me to never be too careful - I'll check it out. Thanks.
Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
I say pull a Veruka (that would also be known as a Sharpay to you younger folk) and be done with it! lol!

My slang dictionary is way too small to understand either of those terms, despite my youth.

I like trains.
...and inside jokes.
Scholar
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 10:59 AM
Check the first two links on my sig (esp. the second)
and the third for content from Eaxis that's now hosted here because of the site closedown.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.