Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 5:27 PM
Default What To Do Not Download If You Have The Sims 2 UC
Hi everyone today i download one house for my TS2 game(i have the sims 2 UC)
well after i install it i go to the game and it won't let me to play so i was need to reinstall the game
then i did the same thing with a sim and it happed again so i reinstall it
but when i didn't have TS2UC it work great so do not download house & sims cc
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 5:31 PM
I'm sorry you had difficulty with your game, but there's no reason for anyone to not download houses and sims with the UC. Whatever you got may have been installed incorrectly, come with an incompatible hack, or been corrupted (and almost certainly did not require a reinstall of the game, if that's what you mean you did) - but there is not a general issue with CC and the UC, so regarding your advice to others, I am owning my disagree.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#3 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 5:33 PM
Aplauses HP
My english is bad so thanks for speak my mind !!

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I'm sorry you had difficulty with your game, but there's no reason for anyone to not download houses and sims with the UC. Whatever you got may have been installed incorrectly, come with an incompatible hack, or been corrupted (and almost certainly did not require a reinstall of the game, if that's what you mean you did) - but there is not a general issue with CC and the UC, so regarding your advice to others, I am owning my disagree.

i meant that only house and sims(or stuff using sims2.pack files)is not working good with TS2UC
Field Researcher
#5 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 6:51 PM
I've downloaded and installed several houses and I have the UC, after getting some help to figure out how to get it all installed properly I have not had any problems with my game.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 8:11 PM
Quote:
i meant that only house and sims(or stuff using sims2.pack files)is not working good with TS2UC

Have you checked the help forum about this? - If you haven't, I wouldn't start a thread like this. I don't think it's the UC is the problem because I haven't seen anyone else with this problem (though I haven't really been looking). Perhaps you are installing it wrong? - I don't know much about installing Sims2.pack files with the UC because I haven't, but it might need to be installed differently.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Have you checked the help forum about this? - If you haven't, I wouldn't start a thread like this. I don't think it's the UC is the problem because I haven't seen anyone else with this problem (though I haven't really been looking). Perhaps you are installing it wrong? - I don't know much about installing Sims2.pack files with the UC because I haven't, but it might need to be installed differently.

well i didn't saw one but i will do that
P.S to install Sims2.pack you click on then and because UC didn't came with BodyShop so if you will install them they will not let you to enter the game
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lizbethbear
I've downloaded and installed several houses and I have the UC, after getting some help to figure out how to get it all installed properly I have not had any problems with my game.

like i said i meant to Sims2.pack flies there are for houses and sims and like i said it did came with the BodyShop so if you will install them it will not let you to enter the game
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 9:19 PM
UC does come with Bodyshop. It also comes with the Bodyshop installer, although that installer has been crap since 2005, so it's a good idea to use Clean Installer. Nonetheless, although Clean Installer is better, installing stuff using the Bodyshop installer doesn't cause your game to crash - crashes are usually caused by problems with the specific CC item(s) you picked, or possibly by specs and Windows 8 compatibility problems.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 9:26 PM Last edited by itay.natan.47 : 31st Jul 2014 at 9:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
UC does come with Bodyshop. It also comes with the Bodyshop installer, although that installer has been crap since 2005, so it's a good idea to use Clean Installer. Nonetheless, although Clean Installer is better, installing stuff using the Bodyshop installer doesn't cause your game to crash - crashes are usually caused by problems with the specific CC item(s) you picked, or possibly by specs and Windows 8 compatibility problems.

well i didn't found the installer where it's need to be
Field Researcher
#11 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 9:38 PM
Programs(x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Fun With Pets/SP9/CSBin. It's been answered in several other threads within the past 2 weeks though.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 10:55 PM
You should always install lots with Clean Installer which you need to download seperatly. It's always a good idea if you are new to a game or even if you are not new but haven't played in a long time to check out what the community says about programs, mods and fixes first. It would also be a good idea to link us to the lot in question. If it wasn't from here it could have contain hacks or other items that caused a crash to your game.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 12:49 AM
The Clean Installer is essential! As all the others have mentioned, it can help prevent unwanted mods from slipping into your game, and *I think* it can also tell if a lot is occupied or not, since installing occupied lots will corrupt the neighborhood if it was not done correctly (I think it involves creating the lot in a completely empty hood, with the Sims living in the lot the only inhabitants. No townies or NPCs. Don't count on this though, you're better off just creating an empty lot and then extracting their appearances and making that available for download as well).

The Clean Installer is in the "Suggested Methods to Reduce/Prevent/Fix Corruption" section in the "Avoiding corruption" page, links are in my signature. The Clean Installer ultimately replaces the old Bodyshop Installer. The old, rickety thing is the reason why many players are surprised to see a random mod in their Downloads folder even when they never downloaded it - the mod got packaged along with one of their installed Sims2Pack files and made itself at home in their Downloads folder, hidden until the player opened the lid in surprise. The Clean Installer is your bouncer, your guard, and your security clearance check, between DLC and your game. There's a reason why there are security checks in airports, Government buildings, and popular tourist attractions. The metal detector, X-ray machine, and the rough security guard that paws through your backpack are all there for a reason. You don't want a bomb planted inside the U.S. Capitol, or the Canadian Parliament, or some other very important building! The same goes with your game - it would be pretty bad news to have a mod that broke your game sneak inside a seemingly harmless Sims2Pack file, right?

So get the Clean Installer. Unlike security guards, metal detectors, and X-ray machines, the Clean Installer is free and is very effective.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 8:01 PM
I've downloaded corrupt lots, and for reasons I can't fathom, I've had existing lots corrupt.

Have you tried this with another house download, in a test hood? For now, I'd try it with a cc-free house, or one with very little CC.

Back up your game, use no Sim Loaded in case of Hug Bug nonsense. Use Clean Installer to open the files. Look carefully and make sure there are no characters or hacks you don't want in your game. Those are often in red, but don't simply rely on that. See if that lot crashes.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.