Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 8:09 PM
Default UC - Stuff you've never had
Say for instance, you've never had an EP such as AL or FT or a stuffpack such as FFS or IKEA, and you've noticed there are "new" features in your game, being clothes, interactions, furniture, etc. (Sorry if you've had all EPs and SPs.. this thread isn't for you )

I finally got my UC in, and so I never had M&G, AL, FT, Holiday, and a lot of other stuff packs that I didn't own, and eventually I became familiar to various things such as the decorated Christmas windows (I keep confusing them with the blank ones from BG), the roof decor, the fences, hobbies and enthusiasm, witches... THE LIST IS OVERWHELMING!!!!
Some of these I don't like, and a lot of mods have been brought in to hide them, and a lot of defaults in also.

What about you, do you like any of the stuff that came with the UC that originally came from EPs/SPs you've never had?

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 8:28 PM
I had almost all EPs, but didn't have University anymore and I had forgotten about most of the things. I also didn't have most stuff packs, and now I am unsure how I even could play without sims having cellphones. It is just so handy to just click on a pie menu and have them throw parties, invite others over and all! I also love the instruments, I missed those. I also love the "Hang Out" interaction. Making huge groups of sims just talking in a circle is so cool. My teen sims do it autonomously all the time!

I lost the disk a long time ago, and never thought I'd install it again. Yay!

I wish I could uninstall Pets, though, and not have them all at once.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 8:28 PM
I've had all the games at one point or another, but not all installed at the same time. I've been playing the base game only for about 4 years or so due to not having a PC that can fully handle all my EPs and SPs (and I haven't had Bon Voyage for way longer because I was stupid to think I would never have to install it again so I sold it -.-). Finally got hold of the old PC my boyfriend gave to my little brother before we moved (he no longer needs it because my Dad bought him a laptop so it's just been gathering dust for the past year) and installed UC because I was staying at my Sister's house which means I was nowhere near my game disks and c'mon.. it's free and faster than installing each individually... but Wow, I'm like a kid in a candy store right now!

I wont bore you with long paragraphs about how much fun I'm having, so here's the basic 'what I like about each EP':
Uni - Obviously sending Sims to uni is fun. I installed that a few months ago so it's no longer a "WOW OMG" moment
Nightlife - Completely forgot how amazing and interesting the Tricou's were! Though it was tedious to resurrect them and such - they're fun to play when you turn them into vampires. Oh and Dates are so useful! Have a sim in red aspiration and it's nearing their birthday? - send them on a date! 60% of the time it works every time!
OFB - I use to never use this EP years and years ago, but now every single community lot I make is owned by SOMEONE and quite a lot of Sims have a small home business.
Pets - D'awww look at the little animals! Yaaaay!! Aw the cat is giving birth to kitties!
Seasons - I don't really think about season's too much in my game, just "oh look it's raining", but it came with cute raincoats for little girls which I love! Oh and I love having my sims gardening. Out of curiocity, what can you do with vegetables? I know fruit can go in the juicer and fish can go in the fridge to make those dishes that look like they're eating Edward Cullen, but vegetables I just kinda sell...
Bon Voyage - The one I'm currently all "OMG!" all over. I currently love this expansion pack at the moment - the only problem is the lack of aging whilst on vacation - but other than that my Simmies have been travelling the globe lately.
Freetime - Yay hobbies! Other than that and some pretty clothing, I find it pretty 'meh' overall. My Sims already had hobbies like painting and chess, I kinda didn't realize how much I didn't really miss this EP until I got it back...
Apartment life - always has been my favourite EP. I love the clothing, making apartments, having roommates (that age! unlike dormies!). I find it weird in Sims that all houses are detached, because where I live theres literally no just stand-alone houses, they're all semi-detached or terraced houses (or flats above shops, which is where I live at the moment) so most households live in these "apartments" and regularly go to their neighbours house and such.

Stuff packs are all pretty good. I have a strange love for IKEA furniture... and the H&M stuff puts a lot of more modern outfits into my game (seeing as the base game was made in the early 2000s, a lot of base game clothes are starting to show age!). I had only recently got 'Mansion & Garden' in "Fun with Pets" a few months ago when I was rebuying some Eps (I thought the problem with crashing was due to my pets disk, but nope) and I really like the new hairstyles and pretty flowers.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 8:39 PM
I never had Freetime, so all of the hobby stuff. Pottery, sewing, sports, etc. I used to have Mansion and Garden, but I can't find the disk for it, so that's pretty neat!

I'm really just writing what I know here, because my install still has 10 hours left.

I also don't have the Holiday Pack, Family Fun, Celebration, or Kitchen and Bath. I had to uninstall Bon Voyage a long time ago, and I never got to play it due to technical problems (before I even knew what a "help forum" was). Then I lost THAT disk

I'm still a bit skeptical but, hey, I guess it's free, so... yay!
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 12:43 PM
I love FT because I can keep my sims occupied with football and many other things, including making clothes and all that but AL I only wanted for the witches - I can now make a proper Harry Potter hood with actual magic and cauldrons and all sorts of blah.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Out of curiocity, what can you do with vegetables? I know fruit can go in the juicer and fish can go in the fridge to make those dishes that look like they're eating Edward Cullen, but vegetables I just kinda sell...

All of the food can go in the fridge, fruit, veg and fish. All of the fruit and vegetables can be juiced as well. Some of the vegetables have kind of cool effects when juicing them. I can't remember them offhand, try experimenting! BTW, if you ever have a sim catch an old boot, you can put that in the juicer too
Mad Poster
#7 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
BTW, if you ever have a sim catch an old boot, you can put that in the juicer too

Yum...
Thanks for answering my question

Oh today I've refound all the 'clutter' that comes with FreeTime (I think?), yknow under decorative? Yeah! Now all my houses look much more homely! I'm one of 6 children so a house without any clutter at all creeps me out a little...

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#8 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 3:15 PM
Freetime is one of my favorite EP's because of the SECONDARY aspiration! It makes my simmies personality a lot more nuanced and unique. Absolutely love this feature.

Right now I am going gaga over BV. I have just had my alien/bigfoot couple marry their teenage daughter Saskia to another bigfoot as a sort of messed up bigfoot legacy thing. And they just had a little boy I called Quatch. Saskia's more alien-looking twin sister got knocked up after sneaking out with Stephan Chen (love those inteen flavor paks!), but went to college anyway as soon as her baby was a toddler.

The Bigfoots (father and son-in-law) run Bigfoot's fish emporium, with a huge pond in the backyard. It's so awesome seeing the entire family fishing and talking the evening away.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 3:45 PM
I never had Teen Style Stuff. I had all the rest. However, I alsl have a broken Sims 2 BG disk and a scratched M&G one - so this suits me fine
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 3:59 PM
I used to be playing a BG+OFB game until this morning (MaxisMatch CC was the only thing still saving me from death). It's really amazing. I don't use free time too much-really what it does is lets me have a sports-obsessed little boy and a little ballerina girl wearing a cute blue dress but hey, it's cool)

The queen of mean and baking.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 4:39 PM
I had absolutely everything except Holiday and Glamour Life, and yes, I stumbled upon all the stuff randomly while playing.
Honestly, I keep convincing myself not to use the Holiday stuff just yet because I want to use it a bit closer to actual Christmas, but it's so hard for me, because some of the stuff is so pretty!

I lost all my Sims 2 games a while ago when my computer got a system restore and since me and my friend used to trade disks but now live far from each other I was only left with the Fun with Pets collection, Free Time, Seasons and a different one, but no base game so I was unable to play.

I'm so happy the Ultimate Collection exists xd
Space Pony
#12 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 4:41 PM
I had all the EPs and little to no SPs so I therefore have lots of new stuff (mostly clothes it seems) to play with.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 7:51 PM
I had no SPs and did not have BV, Pets, or OFB. So I have a ton of new things to try out right now. I'm trying to slowly work my way through the new activities to do in the EPs, starting with Pets.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 9:05 PM
I had all the EP + Teen Style, H&M, Mansion & Gardens and the Glamour one. So while it seemed like I had it all before getting UC, I did notice quite a few items. Such as the extra party decorations from Celebration, extra clothing and the Christmas stuff. It's not a huge difference, but it's still refreshing to have more variety in objects and clothing now.
Scholar
#15 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 9:09 PM
I didn't have ANY of the Stuff Packs, so I mostly notice a lot of new items or clothes. Some are nice, some are... not so nice. The H&M underwear and swimwear having shoes or the added accessories to some of the outfits, which is dumb since BV brings in accessories and all. I also didn't have Apartment Life, but I'm not using any apartments right now, so I haven't noticed anything new. Aside from that, I think I used several of the EPs back when I played Sims 2 but not all of them at once.

Small things I have noticed, though, is the option to Smell plants, which I think wasn't available in Free Time? Also, my Sims seem to have a habit of walking out the door while saluting... no idea where that came from... Looks hilarious when they're carrying suitcases to leave on vacation.

C-A
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 10:43 PM
The 'saluting' comes from M&G and is the sim shielding their eyes from the sun... Dumb I know.That can be modded out.
The shoes can be defaulted out.
You didn't notice the ceiling tiles, The witches, the new interactions, that you can move pictures up and down the walls? Lots of things came with AL not just apartments. Also you can now use the baby toys. It was supposed to come with AL and got pulled to the store, but they are around for download.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 11:13 PM
For me, the new stuff is some of the stuff packs: Glamour Life, Celebration, Teen Style, Ikea, and the Happy Holidays packs.

AL has a lot of nice stuff that isn't living in apartments: spiral staircases, witches, ceiling tiles, wall adjust for pictures, radiators, etc. (I've never played apartments much, but use the other stuff all the time.)
Undead Molten Llama
#18 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 11:29 PM
Smelling flowers also came with M&G, along with the "saluting" thing. The first time I saw a Sim getting on the ground to smell flowers, I was like, "What are you DOING?! Why are you...Oh." And then I thought it was cute...the first few times. Some of them get obsessive and have to smell EVERY plant square on the lot. (Which is funny when they're on a community-lot park and there are many, many flower squares. ) So, I was about to head off to find a mod to nuke it...but then I realized how much smelling flowers raises fun. I find it's useful for kids who come home from school in foul moods, and it's a little more interesting to watch than watching them view paintings that I can't see because walls are down and a little less annoying than finding them someone to play "Red Hands" with, thus occupying that other Sim for a while when they could be doing other/better things. So, now I just let them smell away. I still mutter "Freaks!" under my breath, but hey, if it's their thing, who am I to deny them?

And yes, AL Is way more than Apartments. In fact, it's probably the EP that added the most to the game. It's more a lot of little detail things (Like the shifting-things-on-walls thing and the cuddles and (GAH, THE CUTE!) toddler huggles ) than big, huge things, but the little things add up.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 7:32 AM
The social groups came with AL - with their different ways of greeting - the jocks with the high fives, the gearheads witht the tough handshake, the techies with thie Fake-out who likes talking about computers. I absolutely love them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 8:02 AM
Those greets are great on headmasters and for making friends with difficult sims as they are never rejected.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 10:41 AM
I did happen to fall in love with sewing - every household in Akinback (Aching Back - made up of OFB sims from Bluewater) now has at least one sewing machine per household.

Alchemist
#22 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 11:11 AM
Stuff I never had:

Family Fun Stuff - always wanted this but never thought it was worth any money, I actually like the items that come with this, but would still not have bought it.
Kitchen & Bath Stuff - this has been the SP I have always wanted, been looking for in stores but never found it. It comes with some really good items and I am very pleased to own it.
Christmas Stuff Pack (the later one) - I used to own the first Christmas pack that came out until they released a new one with new items, I think it is good and fun with some new year's eve items, but otherwise, I don't really use any of the objects.

I actually bought the H&M stuff pack one month before the UC came out, and according to me, H&M is the best stuff pack ever, I really, really like it.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 12:19 PM
This is why I'm so excited about the UC for when I get Windows. I've never owned any stuff packs and Mac doesn't have FT or AL.

Needless to say, I am very excited for even a no-CC test run when I switch computers.

That was not helpful, funny, or love!
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GEGNER
This is why I'm so excited about the UC for when I get Windows. I've never owned any stuff packs and Mac doesn't have FT or AL.

Needless to say, I am very excited for even a no-CC test run when I switch computers.

Same here - I was over the moon when I played vanilla for a few hours after I got it to work ^o^

By the way, are you a Homestuck? I see that Gamzee colour! ^-^
---
Back on topic now, I like the cuddling outside but the best thing is the murphy bed. I am going off to kill some sims with the murphy bed!!

Mad Poster
#25 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 9:33 PM
I have all the EPs and I had all but two of the SPs. I never had everything installed all at the same time, however. So as far as "stuff I've never had"... well, I've never had an unplayable configuration of EPs and SPs before. (My computer simply can't handle everything at once.)

It was kind of neat to see some of the new clothes in the K&B and Celebration SPs. New clothes give me new pieces to work with for creating. Well, if I feel like waiting 45 minutes for the game (with no CC) to load, that is...
Page 1 of 2