Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#14451 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 10:13 PM
A custom radio station with old-timey Simlish radio shows. I'm not sure whether custom stations are possible now, but the full immersion would be nice.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#14452 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
A custom radio station with old-timey Simlish radio shows. I'm not sure whether custom stations are possible now, but the full immersion would be nice.

Custom stations are a built-in feature with FreeTime: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_g...usic#The_Sims_2

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#14453 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Custom stations are a built-in feature with FreeTime: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_g...usic#The_Sims_2

Ah, right. Come to think of it I believe I've made some in the past and just forgot about it. Now all we need is for someone to record some good Simlish radio shows.

=^..^=
Forum Resident
#14454 Old 11th Apr 2024 at 12:51 AM
Quote:
Ah, right. Come to think of it I believe I've made some in the past and just forgot about it. Now all we need is for someone to record some good Simlish radio shows.

I'd be happy if someone could pull the campfire sing-a-long songs from TS1 (aaaaand implement them into a campfire sing-a-long mod for our sims, along with ghost stories as well, like they did in TS1, but that's asking a lot!). Such simlish hits as "On Top of Old Smokey," "Michael Row Your Boat Ashore" and "She'll be Coming 'Round the Mountain"... haha, good times!

-gE
>=)

Sims2 Shenanigans Workshop Discord! Learn to mod!!
Join our Discord and participate LIVE! Interact with instructors and creators!
Next Workshop Sat. May18. Accesorize Your Life part 1!!
This Workshop is part 1, on Creating New Accessories! Part 2 will be May 25. Join Now, and start creating!
Field Researcher
#14455 Old 11th Apr 2024 at 6:05 PM
Dont know if singing song is possible, but storytelling seems nice. Maybe a add-on mod when you click on campfire sims sit around it while a storyteller has same or similar animation/interaction like when they use ASIAN LEGEND SCROLL.
Theorist
#14456 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 9:26 AM
There's a LTA benefit for the Pleasure aspiration called Rowdy folk song. It's some sort of singing. I think it uses the same animations from the BV pirate's Sea Chantey, but it's less pirate-y.
Field Researcher
#14457 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 2:51 PM
Didnt know that...interesting. Maybe some mod to UNLOCK that option for non-Pleasure sims.
Forum Resident
#14458 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 3:15 PM
I don't mind sims autonomously purchasing pets. I just want a mod to stop them from purchasing elderly pets. This isn't real life, they're not adopting a senior pet. It's an untrained pet that's going to pee on the floor and tear up furniture and then die after only 5 days.
Mad Poster
#14459 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
I don't mind sims autonomously purchasing pets. I just want a mod to stop them from purchasing elderly pets. This isn't real life, they're not adopting a senior pet. It's an untrained pet that's going to pee on the floor and tear up furniture and then die after only 5 days.

Personally, I'd find it fair game to use a cheat tool to de-age them.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#14460 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone

Yeah, senior pets should come fully trained.
Field Researcher
#14461 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

Or maybe with randome learned skills.
Mad Poster
#14462 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
A colouring by number book for adults that increases creativity...

Heres something for you. It's a sketchpad rather than a colouring book, but it might work:

https://jacky93sims.tumblr.com/post...-for-the-sims-2

Lab Assistant
#14463 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 12:50 PM
Two things that have been on my mind recently:

Influence sims to get engaged, married, and Try For Baby. Could give elders a lot more to do and more avenues to try and fulfill those power wants for relatives to get engaged, married, etc. I can always cheat and pretend while initiating all the interactions myself but I'd love a mod that just made those options available in the normal influence menu.

Other thing: pregnant sims being allowed to get massages and hot tubs while pregnant. It really limits them doing anything while on vacation and I feel like getting a massage or a nice bath while pregnant is a pretty usual activity, would be nice to pamper my expecting sims if the option was somehow available.

Found a mod that enables hot springs which is pretty useful, I'll stick it here for anyone else interested: https://modthesims.info/d/603842/pr...ot-springs.html
Inventor
#14464 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 1:27 PM
Can you lie on your abdomen on a flat table like they do during a massage while pregnant? The elder should probably get the influence points refunded if they can't get to a woohoo object like when they can't walk to a computer. Would be a bit complicated to make considering a variety of woohoo objects, and that it takes a second action after entering the object to start "playin".
Mad Poster
#14465 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

At least potty-trained! If they've been "feral" all their lives, they might still want to chew the furniture though. I'd think.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#14466 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
Didnt know that...interesting. Maybe some mod to UNLOCK that option for non-Pleasure sims.

Personality Please does this, I think Or Actual Alcohol - one of those.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#14467 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 2:41 PM
While this might be a YMMV thing, skills decaying over time might be an interesting thing to play with, especially with longer lifespan mods and the like.

Mad Poster
#14468 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MHS0501
Influence sims to get engaged, married, and Try For Baby. Could give elders a lot more to do and more avenues to try and fulfill those power wants for relatives to get engaged, married, etc. I can always cheat and pretend while initiating all the interactions myself but I'd love a mod that just made those options available in the normal influence menu.

That could be dodgy. Do only evil sims get to influence that, as it seems a bit coercive? Those are big life decisions that could have major negatives for the influencee if they did it only because they were influenced.
Top Secret Researcher
#14469 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Heres something for you. It's a sketchpad rather than a colouring book, but it might work:

https://jacky93sims.tumblr.com/post...-for-the-sims-2

Thank you!

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Forum Resident
#14470 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
Can you lie on your abdomen on a flat table like they do during a massage while pregnant?

In real life, they have you lay on your side during massages when you can no longer lay on your stomach. I think it's realistic to allow pregnant sims to get massages, even if the existing animation isn't true to life.
Forum Resident
#14471 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 9:48 PM
Quote:

"Right now? Right here??" ...hahha! OOOOOkay. Toss her up on the table and, let's GO. Ain't getting any younger!" ...haha!

I see where you're going with this. Elder family sims are difficult to play because their goals are mostly for off-lot, non-playable sims. Maybe that's why they have such a simple LTW as the 'Golden Anniversary' to keep them perma-plat, since their wants are so hard to fulfill.

Quote:
Other thing: pregnant sims being allowed to get massages and hot tubs while pregnant. It really limits them doing anything while on vacation and I feel like getting a massage or a nice bath while pregnant is a pretty usual activity, would be nice to pamper my expecting sims if the option was somehow available.

Not sure, but... aren't hot tubs NOT recommended for pregnant women? I think i remember hearing that before. Once i heard you can get an STD from a hot spring, it made the appeal of such a thing dwindle into negative territory! YEEECCH!! Hot bath, sure. Hot tub? not sure. Hot spring VD-Cesspool? Not a chance! haha

-gE
>=)

Sims2 Shenanigans Workshop Discord! Learn to mod!!
Join our Discord and participate LIVE! Interact with instructors and creators!
Next Workshop Sat. May18. Accesorize Your Life part 1!!
This Workshop is part 1, on Creating New Accessories! Part 2 will be May 25. Join Now, and start creating!
Top Secret Researcher
#14472 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 10:14 PM
I'm quite certain it's literally impossible to get an STD from a hot spring, but I have heard that pregnant women are advised not to get in hot tubs. I don't have enough medical knowledge to know whether that's as solid advice as "pregnant women shouldn't drink alcohol" or as ridiculous as "pregnant women shouldn't sleep during a lunar eclipse". I have also read that there's a specific type of prenatal massage and that that's the only type a pregnant woman can/should have.
That being said I often use custom hot tubs to replicate a larger, Japanese-style indoor bathtub that will actually fit multiple people, so for those purposes I think pregnant women should be able to use them. You can then choose not to let them use the outdoor ones that are supposed to actually be hot tubs.

=^..^=
Mad Poster
#14473 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 11:12 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 13th Apr 2024 at 11:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
I'm quite certain it's literally impossible to get an STD from a hot spring, but I have heard that pregnant women are advised not to get in hot tubs.

The hot tub/hot bath issue with pregnancy (according to some quick searching) seems to have to do with it rising the body temperature, plus some other complications, which potentially can be dangerous to the fetus, especially during the first/second trimester. Hot tubs and such can also be breeding grounds for bacteria and other nasties, so maybe not the place you want to be if you want to keep your downstairs region clean. Infections (of any kind, not just STI/STDs) can cause problems for the fetus (throughout the pregnancy) or newborn baby (picking them up on the way out - neonatal eye infections from an untreated STI, for instance), and of course for the pregnant woman.

I'm not sure about the STD/STI issue with hot springs - a lot of what I found suggests there have been some cases of STIs (bacterial infections) related to hot springs and shallow pools, while other sources say it's near impossible to catch them like that (the "usual" more direct methods of transmission VS pathogens getting heavily diluted in a large amount of water and its ability to survive outside the human body).
Mad Poster
#14474 Old 14th Apr 2024 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I'm not sure about the STD/STI issue with hot springs - a lot of what I found suggests there have been some cases of STIs (bacterial infections) related to hot springs and shallow pools, while other sources say it's near impossible to catch them like that (the "usual" more direct methods of transmission VS pathogens getting heavily diluted in a large amount of water and its ability to survive outside the human body).

I'd wonder if hepatitis might also be a concern - I forgot which it is, but one of them can be transmitted through fecally contaminated water. (Additionally, one of the hepatitis's can also be transmitted sexually.)

Mad Poster
#14475 Old 14th Apr 2024 at 1:22 AM
The actual reason is:
"Experts recommend limiting your use of a hot tub, sauna, or steam bath during pregnancy to less than 10 minutes at a time, or forgoing them altogether, especially in the early weeks. These activities can raise your body temperature to a level that can be dangerous for your developing baby."

And that's true in the game, as well-which is why it's not allowed in the game, either.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 579 of 584