Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:17 PM
Default Blurry in live mode
I'm on my partitioned 27" iMac. I changed the screen res to 2560x1440 and set the graphics level to Ultra, and it's still blurry when I zoom in on my sim. It's fine zoomed out and looking at the whole lot, but that's not how I play. Anyone else having this issue?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:44 PM
I think what you're describing is the new Depth of Field effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth_of_field

It "blurs" things that are out of focus. Basically tries to simulate how our eyes work IRL but no game ever does it right :P
Field Researcher
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Puremin0rez
I think what you're describing is the new Depth of Field effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth_of_field

It "blurs" things that are out of focus. Basically tries to simulate how our eyes work IRL but no game ever does it right :P

This is useful to know - thank you.

Do you know if there's a way to turn it off?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:47 PM
Allegedly one can turn off that kind of effect somewhere in Game Options. (Don’t have the game yet myself, but it might be worth a look)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Allegedly one can turn off that kind of effect somewhere in Game Options. (Don’t have the game yet myself, but it might be worth a look)

Game Options - click the "uncompressed Sim textures". That should crisp things up a bit. I read that somewhere, I also just kept clicking different combinations till I found something I liked.

Edit to add screens of a Sim closeup and my settings.

Scholar
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 12:35 AM
How are you playing on a Mac?

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 12:36 AM
Thanks for your replies. For me it wasn't the uncompressed sim texture, it was the post processing effects. I unchecked that box and it looks much better now! Don't know how they messed that up so badly, but I'm glad there's an option to turn it off. Thanks for all the help!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sisaly
How are you playing on a Mac?

I run a dual boot. My Mac has a Windows partition.
Scholar
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 3:01 AM
That's pretty cool. Didn't know you could do that. Thanks.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Instructor
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 3:11 AM
pretty cool on that UI

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge