Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 4:40 PM Last edited by Vwaryloth : 22nd Nov 2017 at 4:50 PM.
Content and effect of GDFbinary language dlls (Game Language Changing)
I'm one of the unlucky ones who likes to play in their native language (german for me) but is forced to play in English because my copy is region locked due to buying the base game in the UK Origin Store. However, I have managed to forcefully change the language of my Sims 4 game from English to German without using the (apparently now obsolete) registry method.

There is just one problem:
Despite every piece of text and information changing I noticed that the weekdays and the time format in the live mode did not change. It still shows me, as an example: Sun, 10:24 PM, when the german format would be: Son, 22:24. As I could not locate those settings anywhere quickly I was wondering if that is actually part of the so called GDFbinary language dll's.
I could not find any information online as to what exactly is written in the dll's or what they actually change in the game so I was hoping someone could give me a little more information about that here and maybe even got an idea how I can change the weekdays and time format in the game too.

Any help is much appreciated as I'm kind of to modding and don't know too much about scripts etc.

EDIT// I just had a thought that might be possible as well. I wonder if the Sims 4's time and weekday format is actually influenced by the settings in the registry path [\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International]? Would anybody have information about that?