Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 7:56 PM
Default Celebration without the disc
I heard this on the BBS (so of course I don't trust it and want confirmation from more... sensible people)

Is it true that with Celebrations installed you don't run the game from that disc but rather from the Seasons disc
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 8:02 PM
Stuff Packs don't run from their own disks, but the latest actual expansion pack disk you have installed (the latest one released, regardless of the order you purchased/installed them in). This is true for all the stuff packs, not just Celebration.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 8:03 PM
Yes - that is true. You have to use the Seasons disc to start the game, and you keep all the seasons music and everything - not like all the other stuff packs.

They changed it just now with Celebrations. I have Celebrations, and all the other stuff packs, and it's apparently the new way they're going to do it.
Instructor
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 9:24 PM
Yea. I was going to say that I ran on Glamour Life stuff for a long time (before pets) and I didn't use the OFB disc. But if they changed it then that's all right w/ me.
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 11:14 PM
So now I use Seasons disc? But I always used FFS disc when it came out & GLS when it came out too :confuzzled:
Forum Resident
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 11:32 PM
I thought they made us use the disk for the other stuff packs so we couldn't share our game, thus making EA more cash. Oh well, my brother was looking forward to having seasons on his PC but it looks like im still going to need the disk. Doesn't this make buying it even more pointless?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stariscool
I thought they made us use the disk for the other stuff packs so we couldn't share our game, thus making EA more cash. Oh well, my brother was looking forward to having seasons on his PC but it looks like im still going to need the disk. Doesn't this make buying it even more pointless?

my friends and i did that for the sims1. well atleast he gets to use the celebration pack*sheepish grin* ...ehh hardly a compensation for ofb

The answer to life, the universe and everything: 42
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 2:17 AM
So, wait -- we don't need the Celebrations disc to run the game -- we just keep using Seasons?

Rock on. XD
Banned
#9 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 3:12 AM
That seems to just make it all the more convenient for people who'd download it. <_<
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 8:19 PM
I have just got it today and had a couple of problems starting the game. At first I tried the clebration disc because there was a celebration symbol added to my desktop and I got an error message. Then I tried to use the seasons disc and got an error message as well. I had to use autorun to start the game
Anyway, the worst thing is that NO custom content shows up in the game now, although I have activated that. I have already startet the game 4 times and it just doesn't show up, flashing blue everywhere. Did anybody else have this problem?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gerbera
I have just got it today and had a couple of problems starting the game. At first I tried the clebration disc because there was a celebration symbol added to my desktop and I got an error message. Then I tried to use the seasons disc and got an error message as well. I had to use autorun to start the game
Anyway, the worst thing is that NO custom content shows up in the game now, although I have activated that. I have already startet the game 4 times and it just doesn't show up, flashing blue everywhere. Did anybody else have this problem?

Gerba, I have not had a chance to play the game yet, but it was major drama trying to install it! I had to go through sooo many changes to even do that! My laptop needs to be repaired again, because they messed it up when they repaired it last time( Whew!¨).... soooo, this means I wont be able to play the game until sometime next week. I will come back to this thread to let you know if I have the same problems.

Maybe you should try simszone.de to see if someone else is having the same problems as you did.

Hope it all works out for ya!

Tschüss, bis bald!!

Renèe
Test Subject
#12 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 8:59 PM
Thanks, I'll try this site
Schönen Abend noch.
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 8:39 AM
(I know most people hate hearing this) I've had no problems with custom content
there might be something up with your game. Have you got the latest CEP for Seasons - I know there isn't one for Celebration yet
And if you copied out your custom content before installig the stuff pack did you put it back properly?
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 9:26 AM
I did copy back my CC but I am not sure about the latest CEP but I did not have any problems with Seasons.
However, I'll try that and maybe I turn off the pregnacy wear all clothes hack and wait for a new version ...
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 2:41 PM
ive still got 11 hours to wait before i can download form ea link
Test Subject
#16 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 2:47 PM
Ok, just to let you know, I did get the latest version of the CEP and removed all hacks and now the cc is back! :D
Now it also works fine to start the game by clicking the Seasons desktop icon.
I am happy! ^^
#17 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Stuff Packs don't run from their own disks, but the latest actual expansion pack disk you have installed (the latest one released, regardless of the order you purchased/installed them in). This is true for all the stuff packs, not just Celebration.

When I installed FFS and GLS, I used those discs to play. When I got the Holiday pack, it told me I needed to use the disc from Pets. Now after installing CS, it tells me I need to use that disc, not the Seasons one. I read on another forum that this time it depends on if you had downloaded the Seasons patch or not.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 5:17 PM
do you have the patch?
I don't and i use the seasons disc not the celebration one.

The answer to life, the universe and everything: 42
Test Subject
#19 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 5:28 PM
I do have the patch and use the seasons disc as well ... So it can't be the patch I guess ^^
#20 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 5:59 PM
Yes, I do have the Seasons patch.
#21 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 12:10 AM
Well, something is up....now it tells me I need to use the Seasons disc. I haven't changed a thing about my game since I last played, not even a new object.
#22 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 2:28 PM
When I installed Celebration, it made a desktop shortcut with the Celebration logo on it. So later, I went to play the game, and double clicked on the new logo. I got a message saying I had the wrong disc, which didn't make any sense at the time because the Celebration disc was in my top drive and the Seasons disc was in the bottom drive, so I knew either way, I had the right disc somewhere in my computer. But apparently, the Celebration shortcut doesn't work. I tried clicking on the Seasons shortcut and that started the game. I don't get why it doesn't use the Celebration disc to play the game. When I got FFS I used that disc and when I got GL from EA Link, I didn't use a disc at all. I wonder if it's just bad programming on their part. I wouldn't be all that surprised if it was.
#23 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 6:29 PM
I've just bought and installed Celebrations stuff pack and I'm having HUGE problems now! When I put in the Seasons disk and click on the Seasons icon it's asking to make sure the Seasons disk is in the drive, which it is. I even tried clicking on the new celebrations icon just in case but was then getting the message that I had to put celebrations stuff in. I've looked on the Sims 2 website for any updates etc but there doesn't seem to be any. Can anyone help me out here? I noticed that ShortyBoo was having a similar issue but mines still doesn't work when I use the seasons disk and seasons icon. Woo.... ranty warbling post!
Test Subject
#24 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 6:35 PM
Try starting the game using Autorun and the Seasons disk That helped in my case!

edit: Maybe it also helps to restart your computer ... After I had done so I din't have any problems starting the game with the Seasons disk and the Seasons desktop icon.
#25 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gerbera
Try starting the game using Autorun and the Seasons disk That helped in my case!

edit: Maybe it also helps to restart your computer ... After I had done so I din't have any problems starting the game with the Seasons disk and the Seasons desktop icon.

I tried restarting first but that's done nothing for it... and as for the Autorun, I've just discovered that the computer doesn't seem to be reading the disk.

EDIT: There were a few smudges on the disk. Polishing them off has done the trick. Huzzah! But thanks for helping! =D
Page 1 of 2