Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 8:25 PM
Default got any ideas for another stuff pack?
think you can do better than EA? got the next big thing?
well post it here.
my idea of another stuff pack is, to have more huddies for
toddlers,children, teens, aldles and older (boys and girls)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 3:58 AM
An entire stuff pack devoted to hoodies? (Wait...is that what you mean? *confused*) Seems like a bit of a sparse pack to me. I vote more stuff for elders! They're so unfashionable and feeble looking. They never get new clothes either -- I wouldn't mind seeing stuff for them. :]
#3 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Starfish of Terror
An entire stuff pack devoted to hoodies? (Wait...is that what you mean? *confused*)

Sims 2: Chav stuff! Big loopy earings, plenty of hoodies (with baseball caps) and more burberry than you can shake a stick at. Bling up your sims house!
(Inteeninator required for standard 'six kids before they're twenty' mode)
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Trissle
Sims 2: Chav stuff! Big loopy earings, plenty of hoodies (with baseball caps) and more burberry than you can shake a stick at. Bling up your sims house!
(Inteeninator required for standard 'six kids before they're twenty' mode)

Thanks, I needed that nasal wash that happened after reading your post. :D

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#5 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 12:20 PM
Sims 2: Random Objects Pack
We haven't come up with a good name for this pack, but it's full of all sorts of Random Stuff that your sims MIGHT want around the house. Because, really, they're Sims and you can never have enough Stuff.
#6 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 12:45 PM
heh... Sims 2: Garden Stuff Pack
i think that the tiltle is pretty self-explenatory
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 1:20 PM
I -very- much like the idea of a garden stuff pack - plants, trees, nice terrain paints, cluttery things like pots and shears and gloves, maybe a birdbath, fountain, or gazebo...

I'd love to see a kids' stuff pack - not the ridiculousness of FFS but just basic nice stuff for babies, toddlers, and kids: another crib or two, a toddler bed, some nice clothes, etc.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 1:33 PM
Garden and kiddie stuff packs sound good. We need more playground stuff for the kiddies.
Test Subject
#9 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 2:02 PM
Oh yes. Please, yes.

Please EA, make me a Garden Stuff Pack. :D

We are surrounded by things we cannot see - things we cannot see, until we start looking for them.
Inventor
#10 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 2:13 PM
A gardening pack would be nice. And I would love a toddler,child & teen pack. No goofy outfits, but nice ones. And maybe some new furniture and toys. Maybe even a hairstyle or two for toddlers and kids.
#11 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 4:24 PM
heh... i'm glad you all like my idea for a garden SP...
but... why do you want a new SP with a lot of CC on MTS2 and probabbly gigs of downloads? i'm sure that on MTS2 or on other CC sites you can find all garden and toddler you want... i even saw spiral stairs on MTS and people still want maxis to make their official version...
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 8:00 PM
Garden Stuff! That does sound awesome. I would love not only gardening stuff, but also to have gardening clothes (but it'd have to be versatile.) Sims doing gardening in their crocs, or maybe lazing around in them?

Instructor
#13 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bookworm_duo
heh... i'm glad you all like my idea for a garden SP...
but... why do you want a new SP with a lot of CC on MTS2 and probabbly gigs of downloads? i'm sure that on MTS2 or on other CC sites you can find all garden and toddler you want... i even saw spiral stairs on MTS and people still want maxis to make their official version...

Not everyone is keen on downloading CC. In my school, those who play Sims 2 as well don't download CC, except for me and a couple of few.

And CC usually does not blend well with Maxis stuff well, which is the reason why I kept my furniture to a minimum.
Instructor
#14 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 9:51 PM
More pets please! A stuff back with rabbits, guineau pigs, budgies, snakes, ferrets and whatever else you can think of would marvellous.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 2:36 AM
Elder Style Stuff would be great. Their wardrobe is lacking

"I'm just pretending to be a poser"
Field Researcher
#16 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 4:04 PM
I also want to have garden stuff pack with trees, flowers, bushs, gravels, waterfalls, statues, ivy, gardening clothes, etc.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 4:25 PM
The Great Outdoors stuff pack.
Pool toys, playgym, tree swing, tree house, large outdoor sets, tennis court, the ability to have a game of outdoor cricket with family and friends, more garden accessories, new pets, rabbits and ginuea pigs.

That's just off the top of my head.

I really want more elder and toddler interactions and clothes.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#18 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 4:28 PM
bookworm_duo - "but... why do you want a new SP with a lot of CC on MTS2 and probabbly gigs of downloads?"

Because I keep the amount of custom content I download to a minimum. I only have about 1.5 gigs of custom content now to keep my loading times down, and I've rather liked the stuff in the new Maxis SPs. It's cute, high-quality, matches the game, I can edit it without having to worry about anyone's policies, and if I want to make a lot, I don't have to pack up a buttload of CC with it - just tell people what packs they need for it to look right. And especially with garden stuff, Maxis stuff tends to be made right in comparison to custom stuff: certain custom stuff doesn't get covered in snow properly, or flashes blue in winter. I'd rather get a nice SP full of garden stuff than download a bunch of stuff that may or may not work perfectly, or worry about whether I can include them in lot uploads.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 2:25 AM
I agree about the Garden Stuff Pack AND the Elder Style Stuff! Those should be two SP's to consider because elders are always getting ignored and the elder male still only has two swimsuits!
Scholar
#20 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 3:26 AM
I'm not generally fond of stuff packs (too little for the money IMO), but an Elder stuff pack and a Gardening stuff pack sound very enticing. I still doubt I would buy them unless they were on sale for 10 dollars or less though.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was just a bit more to them. Would it kill EA to halve the ugly walls and floors, and put a few gameplay updates in there. Even just a basic interaction or two, like a "gossip about ailments" action for elders, that raised both their fun and social, or a tree you could pee on or a few garden activities for the largely useless Pets.

I want extra stuff and I'm willing to pay for it, but I have to feel like I'm getting my monies worth!
#21 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 3:36 AM
Agreed. The only stuff pack I've considered is the Teen Stuff pack. I would LOVE a garden and play ground equipment stuff pack. The kids don't have much to do at the park and I really would love to have a fantastic garden. Pots, gloves, little hoes and spades, lol. Can you tell I love gardening for real? Every year I have a garden and I have a beautiful raspberry bush, apple tree and grape vines cover my fence. I love edible gardens.

LOL loved the idea of a pee-on tree!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 4:13 PM
I think we need a Sims 2: Beauty Pack, or something like that. With lots of hair meshes, make up, jewellery, eyebrows etc. all the stuff that seriously needs working on. I dont like the (Even thougn amazingly super cute) peggy and rose hairs (etc.), their so un-but-too-realistic, they just dont fit in with the Sims... well in my game anyway.
#23 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
bookworm_duo - "but... why do you want a new SP with a lot of CC on MTS2 and probabbly gigs of downloads?"

Because I keep the amount of custom content I download to a minimum. I only have about 1.5 gigs of custom content now to keep my loading times down, and I've rather liked the stuff in the new Maxis SPs. It's cute, high-quality, matches the game, I can edit it without having to worry about anyone's policies, and if I want to make a lot, I don't have to pack up a buttload of CC with it - just tell people what packs they need for it to look right. And especially with garden stuff, Maxis stuff tends to be made right in comparison to custom stuff: certain custom stuff doesn't get covered in snow properly, or flashes blue in winter. I'd rather get a nice SP full of garden stuff than download a bunch of stuff that may or may not work perfectly, or worry about whether I can include them in lot uploads.

i have 2 MB of custom content witch isn't covered with snow in the winter only but i agree that 1.5 GB dosen't sound very much lol... i heard of people with 5+ GBs...

the 2 MBs i have are some very nice plants; and i tend to put plants in a separate greenhouse so being covered in snow isn't a part in their lives(lucky plants)

>.< though you have your point there with editing...

and i told about the gigs of CC because at EVERY contest the sims look like humans with their perfections, imperfections and (if female) tons of custom make-up... sims are meant to be cartoony and cute like maxis made them... at least that's what i think about them...

Quote: Originally posted by PenChris

you can... both in sim life and real life lol
Scholar
#24 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PenChris

There's one floating around out there somewhere. I just did a clean install on my new PC and dumped all my CC, so I can't help you with the file name. There's also a tree shower. In fact, many of the things in the newer packs (including pretty much everything I've seen of the Kitchen and Bath pack) are copies of things that were already made by the community.

Edited to add links.
I remembered where I got the pee tree from. It's by Sofal.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/arti...s2/sets/286606/

And a garden toilet for the ladies.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/arti...ms2/sets/288129

They are both available in the booty. I don't know if we are allowed to link to that these days, so I won't.:bag:
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 8:18 PM
i've said it before and i'll say it again, i want a male style stuff with new clothes from toddler on up.
Page 1 of 4