Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 4:41 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 9th Mar 2012 at 10:11 PM.
Default Things I've Seen/ Heard/ Read About in The Sims 3: Showtime
Good EP with horrible, pointless features? You be the judge...

Welcome to Starlight Shores!
"...has a look and vibe that was inspired by Southern California locations such as Venice Beach and Hollywood Boulevard"

------------------------------------------------------------
Live the rags to riches story with your Sims while being connected to your friends! Experience the rise to stardom as your Sim performs on stage from one venue to the next. And for the first time, The Sims 3 Showtime introduces social features, including Passport, an all-new feature that lets you send your Sims to a friend’s game! There, your Sim can perform at your friend’s venue in front of your friend’s Sims! You will also be able to chat with friends and post messages and screenshots on your friends’ walls.
• Your Sims can live the dream as Singers, Performers, Magicians, and DJs. Watch them rise to fame—or go down in flames as they perform for other Sims.
• All-new social features: chat with friends, post to their walls, give status updates, and create friends lists.
• Send your Sims to a friend’s game and have your friend’s Sim come to your game!
• Create your own venue! Build a swanky concert hall, a massive stadium, or an indie club. How the stage is built will influence your Sims’ performance and career progression.
• Get a bonus venue and stage for your Sims to perform in the Limited Edition!
------------------------------------------------------------

This EP is similar to:
Superstar
Makin' Magic
Late Night ()

Furniture Style(s):
Club, Performance, Other

Clothing Styles(s):
Urban, Performance, Formal

Buy:
-Hot tubs [Other]

-Counter Island [Club]
-Modern Dining Table [Club]
-Glass Dining Table [Club]
-Dining Table [Club]
-Coffee Table [Club]
-Modern Coffee Table [Other]
-Ottoman (or an actual chair, not sure) [Club/Other]
-Bar [Club]
-Vanity [Performance]

-Modern Bed [Other]
-Elegant Chair [Club]
-Deco Chair [Other]
-Modern Couch [Other]
-Deco Couch [Other]
-Modern Dining Chair [Club]
-Asian (I guess) Dining Chair [Club]
-"Stack of Pancakes" Chair [Other]
-Stack of Newspapers Chair [Other]
-Top Hat Chair [Other]
-Freezer Bunny Chair [Other]
-Children's Bear Chair [Other]
-Modern Bar Stool [Club]
-I think a second modern bar stool [Club]
-Theater Seating (?)
-Pretzel Chair [Other]
-Modern City Bench [Other]
-Modern Sectional [Club]

-Television [Club + Other]
-Jukebox [Club]
-Modern Jukebox [Club]
-MP3 Player [Other]
-Performance Window, 1 and 3 tile (I assume it's animated) [Performance]

-Pull Up Bar [Other]
-Pool Table [Club]
-Microphone Stand [Performance]
-Karaoke Machine [Performance]
-Skee Ball [Club]
-Dominoes [Other]
-Electro-Dance Sphere [Club]
-Golf driving range [Other]
-Multiplayer Arcade Game [Club]
-Mechanical Bull [Club]
-Photo booth (It appears to be so) [Club]
-Turn Tables/DJ-Booth [Performance + Club+Other]
-Snack Bowls [Club + Other]
-Stage Objects [Performance]
---Box of Mystery
---Box of Danger
-A Fog Machine (I assume) [Performance]

-Modern Floor Lamp [Club + Other]
-Wide Modern Floor Lamp Made Of Squares [Club + Other]
-Floor Lamp Made Of Squares [Club + Other]
-Wrought Iron Wall Light [Other]
-Wide Wall Lamp [Club]
-Round Wall Lamp [Other + Other]
-Ceiling Lamp [Club]
-Various Neon Signs (for advertising) [Club +Other]
-Wide Wall Lamp [Club]
-Column of Lights [Club + Performance + Other]

-Planter [Club + Other]
-Another Planter [Other]
-Potted Plant [Other]
-Random Advertisement [Other]
-Large Stencil Poster [Other]
-Rock Art [Club]
-Vanity Wall Mirror with Lights [Other]
-Rabbit Head on a Pedestal [Performance]
-Gargoyle [Performance]
-Fountain [Other]
-Cannon Ball [Other]
-Freestanding Information Board [Other]
-Drink Shelf [Club]
-A Single Drum [Performance]
-Amps [Performance]
-Square Table Umbrella [Other]
-Round Table Umbrella [Other]
-Fake Cactus

-Car

-Banana Tree (New ingredient)
-Sea Bat Starfish
-Firefly/Glow bugs - come in stacks jars that change different colors
-Urban Recycle Bin [Other]
-Wall Speaker (It might work) [Club]
-Walk of Fame Star
-Singing Gnome
-Magic Gnome
-Acrobat Gnome

Build:
-Doors
-Digital, Alien-like Archway [Club]
-Curved Archway (2 tile)
-Curved Archway (3 tile)
-Windows

-Curtain Style Wall [Performance]
-Segmented Walls (for Pattern Display) [Other]
-Wall with Chair rail
-Wall with Chair rail and Vents

-Square Metal Flooring

-Wide Counter Height Window [Club]
-Window with Plants [Other]
-Window with attached Guard Rail [Other]

-Column (I'm not sure. It look elevated, but anything could happen)

-Large Palm Trees
-Shorter Palm trees
-A very pretty tree

-Stages (Oh, how I hope and pray that picture is a shot of 1, and not a foundation)

-Lamp Post with Road Sign
-Lamp Post with Traffic Signals
-High Rise rabbit holes
-Modern Diner Rabbit Hole
-Spanish Rabbit Hole.
-Grocery store [Rabbit Hole]
-High school [Rabbit Hole]
-City Hall [Rabbit Hole]
-Other City Rabbit Holes
-Rabbit Hole signs
-A sign I can't make out

-Sidewalk Terrain Paint

Create-A-Sim:
Male
-V-Neck with undershirt sleeves (notice the sleeves come from nowhere :-p) [Urban]
-Sleeveless Jacket and Shirt [Urban]
-Blazer and Unbuttoned Shirt [Urban/Formal]
-Simple T-Shirt [Urban]
-Shirt with rolled sleeves and necklace [Urban]
-Series of Shirt, with tooth necklace [Urban]

-Baggy Pants [Urban]
-Jeans [Urban]

-Leotard [Performance]
-Aquatic Leotard [Performance]
-2 Magician Suits [Performance]
-Classic Corner Performer Costume [Performance]
-Bunny Costume (HOPEFULLY for an NPC) [Other]

-Bald/No Hair
-Hair Combed Front
-Somewhat Combed Hair
-Hair Combed Back
-Afro
-Long Hair
-Long, but not as long as the above, hair
-Ponytail, bun, combo thing - IDK...
-Hat with Bald Hair

Female
-Layered Sleeveless Shirts [Urban]
-Tube Top [Formal]
-Tank Top with Necklace [Formal]
-Strange Top [Urban]
-Jacket with Tube Top [Urban]
-Midriff cut top [Urban]

-Pants with Design [Performance]

-Frilled Dress [Formal]
-Dress With Sequins [Formal/Performance]
-Simple Dress [Formal]
-Dress With Band [Formal]
-Simple Dress with Skirt Underneath
-Circus Leotard [Performance]
-Tech Leotard [Performance]
-Aquatic Leotard [Performance]
-Cheesy Dress [Performance]
-Gypsy Leotard [Performance]
-Bunny Outfit

-Long Gloves [Formal/Performance]
-Dangling Pearl Earrings [Formal/Performance]
-Silver Bangles [Formal/Performance]
-Spiked Bracelet [Performance]

-A Set of Heels

-Side Ponytail
-Ponytail or Bun (unclear)
-A Poof
-Long, Curled Hair
-Long, Straight Hair
-Base Game Hair with Tiny Top Hat [Performance]
-Big Hair
-Hair with Decorative Leaves in it

Traits:
-Diva
-Social Butterfly
-Natural Born Performer

Lifetime Wishes:
Vocal Legend
Master of Illusions
[Acrobat thingy]

Lifetime Rewards
Dusty Old Lamp - 30,000

New Features:
-Social Interaction between games
-Send other Sims into other's games

Lots:
-Theater/Concert Hall
-Stadium
-Indie Club
-Coffee Shop [Awaiting proper confirmation. but from EA]

Jobs/Professions:
-Singer/Rapper
--Sing-o-Grams
-Stage Performer/Acrobat
--Street Mime (for tips)
-Magician
--Street Magician

Genie/Genie Lamp
-"You can make wishes using the Genie and also once your relationship with it is high enough you can make a wish to free it (this will add it to your household)"
-"It can ‘Banish’ a sim which will just send them off to a different lot. It can also spawn perfect dishes of any food apart from Ambrosia (I assume this will include food from WA holiday destinations too)."
-Wishes
--World Peace (Makes Sim Happy)
--Resurrect Sim (Revives the dead)
--More Wishes (You only get 1, so it's pointless, and only there for laughs)
--Love (Forces a sim to love you)
--Long Life (Adds days to your life cycle)
--Large Family (Increases fertility)
--Happiness (Mood Boost)
--Fortune (Receive money)
--Beauty (Increases attraction)
--Free Genie (Requires a long process)
-Genie (and I assume other occults) can be a magician

-Skills:
-Disk Jockey (DJ)

Gameplay:
-Death By Magic
-Excellent performances cause crowds to throws things such as flowers at you. Bad performances can lead to the crowd throwing things at you, like rotten lettuce. This done when you watch a performance and when you give a performance.
-Perform and Compete at SimFest (Talent show)!
-You can duel other Sims!
-Record songs, and hear them on the radio (I think)
-Mishaps, such as fires, falls, and a loss of voice, can happen while on stage.
-Performances are Orchestrated.
-Interaction with the crowd (like telling jokes, or insults)
-When creating a stage, you snap into "buy" mode mode
-Sims walk in a see you perform
-Sims can go see a live show
-Sims take requests
-Woo-Hoo in the box of mystery
-Choose your own work outfit
-Give demos to proprietors
-Audition to perform at venues
-Woo Hoo-ing in the photobooth will produce photos, but sims will rip them up.
-Sims can have a stage name.
-You can hire performers for parties
-Recipes will have vegetarian options and newly added is Fried Peanut Butter and a Banana Sandwich. There is also tofu.
-Various games can be played on the pool table, such as "Put Put Gnome". You can even play for tips.
-You cannot Woo-Hoo during a performance
-Golf is a skill
-Makeup has been separated
-Private Venues are Shells (I think)

Stages:Stages are comprised of various items, such as props. Its hard to determine what is what, so it's hard to list.
-Stage Floor Lights
-Large Free Standing Lights
-Candelabra
-Large Back Lights
-Circular Lights

-Glitter Emitter
-Over-sized Glitter Emitter

-Giant Arrow
-Magic Chest/Trunk

-City Scenery
-Underwater Scenery
-Circus/Carnival Scenery
-Fantasy Scenery
-Candy Land (Ice Cream and Candy) Scenery
-Card-Trick Scenery
-Chess Scenery
-Gothic Scenery
-Sci-Fi Scenery
-Steampunk Scenery

Lifetime Rewards:

Misc.:
-"My Pages" from the Sims 3 site are linked to the game.
-Achievement added to the game.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 5:15 PM
So, it's basically stuff that should have been included in Late Night with added chat, facebook and twitter interface. I suggest we create bogus facebook accounts, then befriend all Sims 3 developers listed in the credits and spam their facebook accounts with our sims updates. Then get our sims to use the voodoo doll and pray for a meteor storm to wipe out all facebook data centers.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 5:20 PM
Hopefully this is like Superstar. I mean, LN, to me, felt like a clubbing expansion with a fame system tacked on, so I don't really feel
Ike this is 'what should have been in LN', but more like the rest of something that was started as an extra in that pack.
But if the LN fame system and the fame system used in SHT aren't the same thing, I may throw a bitchfit.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 5:34 PM
LOL similar to late night. nice.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
So, it's basically stuff that should have been included in Late Night with added chat, facebook and twitter interface. I suggest we create bogus facebook accounts, then befriend all Sims 3 developers listed in the credits and spam their facebook accounts with our sims updates. Then get our sims to use the voodoo doll and pray for a meteor storm to wipe out all facebook data centers.

Sounds like (nearly) the only good thing to do with this EP!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 5:48 PM
Late night part duex. Might have gotten that wrong, hope it is understandable. I thought the developers said this EP would be something new? Oh that's right, Facebook features. New but not wanted at least by me. I can see the spam of simmers asking to add their Sims in my game, just as bad as the spam for Sim Social. Sigh.

I will not get this EP right away, will wait for the irritants to be modded out.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 6:00 PM
Sometimes I wonder if I'm the last person on this planet without facebook account and don't even get me started on twitter...
All this talk about social features is nausea inducing...

And the rest sounds not like The Sims 3 expansion but rather Late Night Expansion expansion
Scholar
#8 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 6:28 PM
Not at all interested in an EP that expands on previous EPs and can live without the content shown so far.

And the first person that spams my FB wall with Showtime crap gets removed from my Friends list!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 6:30 PM
The non-social features are great. It's just that I can't see how they are enough for an entire EP at this time; thus, they should have been included in LN. But EA was slick enough to use the absence of DJ booths and singing in LN as a marketing ploy to get us to purchase SHT, since many of us wanted those features. What other explanation is there? They surely had time to develop those features before the release of LN, since such features are not as complex as, say, weather. Damn, and now I really want that DJ booth to make my clubs feel complete. EA knew that many of us we would think this way. Oh, well. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do at this point. The content itself does look good so far, but I only hope that the social features can be turned off.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 6:46 PM
If they include weather, if only a thunderstorm, then it might be a saving grace for EA. I still will be avoiding the new patch and the EP until the modding community gets to the FB features. I know for sure that will be a patch feature.

EDIT:
Quote:
-Bald/No Hair

What? EA hasn't caught up with HP's hairstyle yet? At least HP's is male/female. SMH

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 6:50 PM
And I totally don't get the Passport feature... my sims can't travel between different worlds within my game but they are gonna be able to travel to some other dudes game? What's up with that?
Probably just the option of direct sharing of sims disguised as something more.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 6:55 PM
I've only seen it on a male, do don't kill EA for that... not yet, at least. It would be a nice touch to have thunder storms short out and outdoor concert. :p

I wonder what things we'll have to fill our new venues with. Some row seatings, a popcorn stand (god I pray), and maybe some place to buy crap like a t-Shirt or a picture to hang on a wall. I really hope EA doesn't skimp on the celebrity experince. Just performing would be a REALLY bare EP. Even Generations gave us more to do.

Field Researcher
#13 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 6:57 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion that the 'Passport' 'feature' is really just a rehashing of being able to share sims on the exchange, just without middleman of the launcher or website.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 6:59 PM
What if SHT included open restaurants and spas? Do you think it'd be enough for a saving grace?

I do wonder if the new stadium and theater are just new venue types as ways to substitute the rabbit hole versions. Maybe we no longer need the rabbit hole versions, since the new ones are open versions? That would be interesting.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 7:42 PM
I wonder what they'll look like. O_O

Is Claeric
#16 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 7:45 PM
If late night didnt exist people would go crazy for about singing and DJ-ing and superstar stuff in general. Late night being a thing for some reason makes people get angry about it?

Nobody cried about superstar being "hot date expansion expansion", so why is this "late night expansion expansion"?? Just becuase they didnt give you what you wanted for night life doesnt mean it isn't worth its own expansion...what the heck!!!
Mad Poster
#17 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Scarity
If late night didnt exist people would go crazy for about singing and DJ-ing and superstar stuff in general. Late night being a thing for some reason makes people get angry about it?

Nobody cried about superstar being "hot date expansion expansion", so why is this "late night expansion expansion"?? Just becuase they didnt give you what you wanted for night life doesnt mean it isn't worth its own expansion...what the heck!!!

I think the fact that many people wanted weather instead just means that the wait for it is that much longer. Besides, it's mostly the social features that are enraging fans.
Scholar
#18 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 7:57 PM
I like the singing/DJ stuff, don't care if it's close to LN or not, I just like those features. The FB/Twitter features are a different story, and while I WILL buy the expansion so I can use all CC I want, but I won't install until there are mods to prevent all this FB/Twitter bull. Though I may just do the fake FB/Twitter idea if all else fails.
Scholar
#19 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
What if SHT included open restaurants and spas? Do you think it'd be enough for a saving grace?

I do wonder if the new stadium and theater are just new venue types as ways to substitute the rabbit hole versions. Maybe we no longer need the rabbit hole versions, since the new ones are open versions? That would be interesting.

If it included open restaurants and spas that would be a miracle. If the theaters were open spaces and we had some audience control that would be good. (No sims wandering on stage mid performance and mucking things up). However, EA has given no indication of having the capacity to create and include something so logical in the game.

Also, I'm skeptical that they will be open venues since EA was idiotic enough to make a 4 x 4 tree house a rabbit hole. The thing is as big a kid's bedroom so there was no reason for that tree house to be a rabbit hole. Still there is a part of me that hopes with each EP that its a new day and they'll do something right for a change. Though EA's past performance with TS3 EPs has taught me not to run out and buy them right away anymore.

So being simultanusly hopeful and doubtful my stance is "we'll see"

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Forum Resident
#20 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 8:16 PM
Agree with all the sentiments about open restaurants and spas. Why do you keep ignoring the good parts, EA?!

Well if that doesn't happen in this EP, another good thing to bring back would be the ticket machine. With all this buzz about concerts and performances, it would be great to have a versatile physical item to charge customers and patrons. Plus you can use it for other stuff.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 8:16 PM
I was hoping we would one day get "real" magic, not just show magic. Never got to play TS2 magic at all, and TS1 only a bit, and having a which always fascinated me.

And, I'm also interested in seeing how will the open performance thing work. I hope EA makes it possible to add the singer to a band to mix it up with LN. So you don't end up with either band, or singer.
Scholar
#22 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzetter
If it included open restaurants and spas that would be a miracle. If the theaters were open spaces and we had some audience control that would be good. (No sims wandering on stage mid performance and mucking things up). However, EA has given no indication of having the capacity to create and include something so logical in the game.

Also, I'm skeptical that they will be open venues since EA was idiotic enough to make a 4 x 4 tree house a rabbit hole. The thing is as big a kid's bedroom so there was no reason for that tree house to be a rabbit hole. Still there is a part of me that hopes with each EP that its a new day and they'll do something right for a change. Though EA's past performance with TS3 EPs has taught me not to run out and buy them right away anymore.

So being simultanusly hopeful and doubtful my stance is "we'll see"

On the other hand, stages DO exist ingame. Remember that Greek-style amphitheater one of the towns had? If they could manage to keep the audience from mucking it all about, that's not a rabbithole.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miko09
Agree with all the sentiments about open restaurants and spas. Why do you keep ignoring the good parts, EA?!

Well if that doesn't happen in this EP, another good thing to bring back would be the ticket machine. With all this buzz about concerts and performances, it would be great to have a versatile physical item to charge customers and patrons. Plus you can use it for other stuff.

EA missed that boat with LN, with the velvet rope things. I think you can set the bribe amount, but it's not really the same as setting a price of entry.

Instructor
#24 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 8:42 PM
I am liking the the sound of making our own stadiums and venues
Mad Poster
#25 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 9:12 PM
This sounds a bit too similar to Late Night.... so when are they going to make a magic expansion or another Adventures style expansion? Oh well..............................
Page 1 of 73