Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 7:44 PM Last edited by AuzzPanda : 10th Jul 2016 at 3:56 AM.
Default Body Is Too Bright
Hi all!

So I've been trying to make this maxis dress into a long one, (I'm not sure how to make it ankle length without it glitching yet though) and I am able to do everything nicely except for this:

Hm...

I couldn't get it to work editing the texture through ''projects'' so I've been doing it through SimPE...

It looks perfect in body shop but this happens when in create a sim.

I just realized I haven't tested it out in-game though

Have a great day/week/month/months/LIFE
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 6:45 PM
Looks like a bump map issue; I had the same problems with one of my meshes. The only way I could get around it was to remove the bump map altogether. Can't recall exactly what it was I had to do (it involved deleting the bump map texture in SimPE and then disabling the bump maps themselves).

Maybe someone who knows what I'm talking about could chime in...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
Looks like a bump map issue; I had the same problems with one of my meshes. The only way I could get around it was to remove the bump map altogether. Can't recall exactly what it was I had to do (it involved deleting the bump map texture in SimPE and then disabling the bump maps themselves).

Maybe someone who knows what I'm talking about could chime in...

Hmmm. Just to get right on the track, witch one was the BUMP mark again?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 9:44 PM Last edited by AuzzPanda : 10th Jul 2016 at 3:57 AM.
Thank you, you were right! It worked!

I had to follow this tutorial I found, for those with the same problem

http://thesims2.livejournal.com/5374155.html

Scroll down a bit and you should find it

Also make sure to commit changes as it does not say there. (the option to commit changes is only on the material definition bit)

Oh and it is not said too clearly that you will find the actual normal texture file in ''texture images''
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 10:21 PM Last edited by 98675 : 23rd Apr 2016 at 4:21 PM.
Oh no another problem >_< haha

I don't know if you can see, but see under the dress on the thighs? Where there is a noticeable line?

I thought it was because I didn't stretch it out enough in photoshop, but I tried doing that again and it didn't work... Hmmm...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 10:21 PM
Also don't mind the ridiculous shoes ;D
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 7:12 PM
The texture is just showing up on the legs. You can either adjust it in Photoshop, or try to adjust the UV map in MilkShape (the UV map is most likely overlapping the texture in that area).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 4:20 PM
The texture is just showing up on the legs. You can either adjust it in Photoshop, or try to adjust the UV map in MilkShape (the UV map is most likely overlapping the texture in that area).

So, what you're saying is that perhaps the UV map is too ''long'' compared to the texture adjusted in Photoshop?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 6:51 PM
It might be too long, too wide, or just in the wrong place. That's why it's good to look at the UV map in MilkShape. Import your texture and put it on the mesh (the same way you'd do with the blue check texture... this is covered in one of the beginner tutorials), and then you can see exactly where the texture and the UV map overlap.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 6:29 PM
It might be too long, too wide, or just in the wrong place. That's why it's good to look at the UV map in MilkShape. Import your texture and put it on the mesh (the same way you'd do with the blue check texture... this is covered in one of the beginner tutorials), and then you can see exactly where the texture and the UV map overlap.

Alright, Thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 1:02 AM

Hiya

I think I found the problem, could it be that at the front the very front bit of the dress is attached to the legs?

Thanks!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 3rd May 2016 at 6:16 PM
Yeah, that could be it. It looks like there's a bit of overlap there at the bottom of the skirt and the top of the legs. Just move those dress coordinates up a little bit so they're not touching the legs.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd May 2016 at 9:02 PM
Hmmm, it hasn't changed.... Should I try moving it more? I'll try that
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd May 2016 at 9:26 PM
Yeah it's not working

Could it be that I stretched it too far in PHOTOshop?
Mad Poster
#15 Old 3rd May 2016 at 9:49 PM
Import your actual texture into MilkShape (instead of the blue checked background), and then you'll be able to see exactly where the UV map needs to go.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th May 2016 at 12:00 AM
Import your actual texture into MilkShape (instead of the blue checked background), and then you'll be able to see exactly where the UV map needs to go.

Wow you were right, you can definitely see flaws here, and if I'm not mistaken, they seem to be a texture problem, right? You can see that line that keeps showing up. I'm guessing this is from what I did in photoshop?

Again, thanks so much for all the help
Mad Poster
#17 Old 4th May 2016 at 6:11 PM
I would just grab those top vertices on the legs (front and back) and pull them down so they're not touching the black. That small of a move shouldn't make much of a difference.

Also, I would move those vertices on the right, at the bottom of the skirt, down so that they're in line with the ones on the left. Otherwise, you're going to have some funny texture stuff happening on the underside of your skirt.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 4th May 2016 at 11:11 PM
I would just grab those top vertices on the legs (front and back) and pull them down so they're not touching the black. That small of a move shouldn't make much of a difference.

Also, I would move those vertices on the right, at the bottom of the skirt, down so that they're in line with the ones on the left. Otherwise, you're going to have some funny texture stuff happening on the underside of your skirt.

Right, perfect. I'll let you know
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th May 2016 at 11:26 PM
Wow, amazing! How are you so good? It worked!