Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#151 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 7:38 AM
Well, so far so good. No one has died but daddy's hit the floor once and nearly did a billion other times. So, this is my challenge founder father bwahaha, Balthazar Draconis

I haven't used the elixir of life yet and I've stayed with the rules about going out to the telescope the night of the baby's birthday... like right that night. I've had four kids so far with him. He's preggers with the fifth. I'm not sure if you can have all seven without the elixir... anyway, here's Daddy, well a closer up picture of him.

First born was Eltanin, she's the only girl out of the lot so far. She got potty trained, learned to talk but that was all I could manage before she grew to a child. She had dad help her learn to study and quickly came home with an A+. She's a bit on the lazy side and doesn't care to help with the chores, unless it's the garden where I grow their food so it sustains daddy better. She has a temper and just grew up to a teen. Thank Goodness! I nearly cried with relief that Balthazar would be having some help with the wee ones now.

Aldibain is a little green skinned boy of pure evil... no, seriously this kid can give the meanest looks even as a toddler, you'll see in the picture below. He learned to walk and use the potty, but again, couldn't teach him a third skill because no smart milk and no time with all the kids around. He grew up into a fickle and ornery child, he's the family's neat freak and will go around cleaning up things without being asked. He's learned to study as well and has an A+ report card. He'll be turning into a teen in a few days.

The third born is Rastaban and he's just the sweetest thing. Very happy baby that learned to walk and use the potty but again, nothing else because daddy was having difficulties and really Rastaban was lucky to learn all he had. He's just turned into a child, not before the youngest one snagged him in a huggle. Already he wants to learn how to study and well, he's just the sweetest little boy.

Altais is darling, he's got these huge eyes and is always wanting cuddles and love. He just turned into a toddler and that was the first thing he did, crawled over and squished on Rastaban before he was too big to do it *lol* Not much else is known about this little tyke, he's just turned toddler so time will tell if he keeps his sweet disposition that's nearly more saccharin then his big brother Rastaban!

Now, the kiddies

Some how, they all got daddy's eye color, not the alien tone*lol* not that I'm complaining, I love the ivy green ^^
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 2:08 PM
A few pictures from what I've played so far of this until I get a blog entry done about it.

Uncle Chovie - the vict...er, father

Uncle with newborn son Vachel - his first child

Vachel as a toddler

Uncle with his oldest daughter Varisse

Vachel grows up to be a child

Uncle after giving birth to his twin daughters. He's holding Vanora, and you can kind of see the first twin, Valda, on the floor beside him.

I don't seem to have gotten any really good pictures of Varisse as a toddler so far. The twins were just born, and he's been through the next abduction but hasn't popped yet with the next pregnancy.
Forum Resident
#153 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 6:45 PM
Great pictures! I love green eyes too, by the way. I didn't have a problem having all the babies before he aged, but I did have one set of twins too.
#154 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 7:46 PM
I'm hoping for twins now or with the next one so I won't have to use it *lol* come on twins! Geez, it was during the Apocalypse Challenge that the twins came like.. all the time! And they weren't even family Sims... gah, the game KNOWS.
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 3:37 AM
I finally got a post done for my blog about what I've done so far on this challenge. It includes a fairly complete account of what all happened in the two sim weeks I played the house, with lots of pics to illustrate. The post can be found here:

Chovie, Round 1 - Oh Please, Not Again...
Forum Resident
#156 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 4:47 PM
Oh, I liked your story, ndayeni.
#157 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 12:35 AM
oOoo... I like it. See I'm trying to get up the gumption to write out a story as well for my live journal page, some of my kids are adults now and living on their own. Eltanin actually has her own little girl, Orly, named after her father Orson *cough, giggle* Orly? heh. And Aldhidbain is married and wants to have a baby but so far he and his wife haven't had any luck
#158 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 11:26 AM
Gonna try it
This sounds like an awesome challenge, can't wait to try it!
Just one thing that I'm confused about though... how do you die-roll for the jobs? Please tell me :confused: Thanks :D
Forum Resident
#159 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 2:43 PM
"for each job tree that is available in your version, you must roll a die- if you get an even number, they will accept your employment, but if you get an odd number, they will not"

I just rolled a die for an odd or even number. An odd number meant they had to wait another day to roll again. An even number meant they could take that job (on the computer or paper) that was available and the one for which you were rolling. For instance, your sim wants an architecture job but the paper offers military, culinary, or slacker. You roll to see if your sim can get the military job, but you get an odd number. So the next day, you pick a different job in the paper or computer to try for. If you roll an even number, then your sim can get that job. When the architecture job is finally available, you can roll again to see if they are accepted for that one. (That's the way I did it anyway: a simple yes or no to "Can I get this job today?" If not, then you must wait a day to try again.)
#160 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 4:22 PM
Ohh, I get it now, thanks :D
#161 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 1:56 AM
Default Done!
Link to Journal

Okay, finally got this sucker done. I have more pics to post but I didn't want to over flow the thread here so it's all in my livejournal. *flails and flops over* I may try this again with a romance sim and see how long he lasts.... *cackles madly*

Edit: Oh, I will be adding another post or two containing pictures of memorable moments such as first kisses and wanting to kill their siblings *lol* Plus, grand babies!! <3
Forum Resident
#162 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 1:45 PM
I really like it when those wrap-up pictures that follows each sim through every stage of life are done. Nice story wrap-up, Kerryanne.
Test Subject
#163 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 12:58 AM
Okay, second time, so far, has been a charm, lol! Meet Grant Syre, a knowledge sim with great hair and very few skill points

His first day at a new home in little-known(rarely played) Veronaville. He loves making snowmen.

But his first night at home, he finds himself being abducted, it must be the green telescope :D
Speaking of green...

He finds himself the proud father of not one, but two alien children! He was shocked, but happy to have the company.

More to come, this challenge is very noisy, lol!
Forum Resident
#164 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 4:49 PM
Good Luck with Grant. I like his last name - Syre! Great idea!
#165 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 5:07 PM
Okay, I started over, the first time was a blast and I had to try again with a Romance Sim ^^ made a little slide show, he's got three babies so far and one on the way. A girl and two boys, Lily, Joshua and Brian.
Forum Resident
#166 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 1:35 AM
I enjoyed it, Kerryanne.
Scholar
#167 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 6:44 AM
I'm gonna try this again Should be a lot more shiny coz I have discovered cc and have finally got a pt replacement....

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Instructor
#168 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 7:27 PM
This sounds like an interesting challenge. I have a question though about the "Aliens are not human" handicap. Wouldn't you have to cheat w/the debug cheat on to up a child's energy? Otherwise on school days they get tired around 8 - 8:30 pm and on non school days sometimes around 7:30pm! So, if I were to choose that handicap, would it apply to children? Teens have no problem at all of course.
Forum Resident
#169 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 8:46 PM
I just started to play this challenge today, and already it's killing me! My daddy went to his second "visit" via telescope, and nanny was taking care of the first baby. Well, as always, I used boolprop to make nanny selectable and forced her to take care of the baby and clean the house. Just when my daddy-sim returned (of course happily pregnant), the nanny was taking out the trash. I focused on taking good pics of my sim etc., so nanny stood a second next to trashcan and then did something autonomously... and that was to go to telescope and get abducted! I was laughing my eyes out, literaly.So I made her unselectable and just sit back and enjoyed the show! And even managed to take good pictures and a short video too! So these simmier really keep surprising me, and it really was just what I needed, good laugh and a memory I won't soon forgeth I would put pictures here but it did'nt work atleast for now. And sorry my bad english, i hope this gave atleast some kind of picture to your heads!

(I'm using the same modded telescope from MTS2, that's link is in the first post)
Forum Resident
#170 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 2:23 AM
Maranatah, I am waiting for that video!
Sonshine, I love that avatar! I didn't play that version, so I can't help you on that.
#171 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 3:40 AM
I started on this challenge yesterday, a knowledge sim named Jaime (pronounced high-meh) Duron. he's been getting along okay, he has a crush on his neighbor and she's always calling him at night, he can't decide whether to have a snack or answer the phone. he's currently pregnant with his first kid. i will post pics as soon as i reach the required number of posts.
Forum Resident
#172 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 11:51 AM
antihero, there is a hack in MATY called phonehack, that allowes you to turn phone sound off if you like. Also with that you can choose how many times phone rings. I mean if you don't like that phone keeps ringing all the time. for me it's a lifesaver!

Ciane, I don't know actually can I post video here, and I don't have account in youtube either, but I could send pictures when I have enough posts in here. If I understood correctly. I'm still new with this :o
Forum Resident
#173 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 3:23 PM
I love the phonehack because you don't get the crank calls anymore where the sims call just to complain you never call.

I thought you might load it to youtube and link it here, but that's okay. Seeing the pics will be great.

I look forward to hearing and seeing more.
Theorist
#174 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 5:36 PM
Oh my goodness, this would just be insane! I played through part of a Poverty Challenge, which ends up being very similar with the babies being born, and in that challenge the mom had a husband to help out with the kids when he wasn't working. Seriously, most of the time she was so drained she couldn't do anything more than eat, sleep and use the bathroom. That brings to mind something else: considering the motive drain workbenches have, I don't think a pregnant Sim could spend enough time using one to ever accomplish anything. LOL
Forum Resident
#175 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 10:01 PM
So here we go... The story of the unfortunate Nanny :D

Here she is playing with the 1st babyboy called Santeri.

Soon just after dad returned from the sky, nanny decided to make a trip of her own...

this picture is actually my screensaver now :D

One flying Nanny coming through!

Just hilarious!
Page 7 of 10