Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 8:02 PM
Default Better fires?
I am looking for a mod that either makes fires in fireplaces look better or at least a little bigger. I do not want to burn down houses or kill Sims or make fires different to deal with in any way. I just want to make the fires in the fireplaces look better. They look very small and unremarkable to me. Even with all of the game's options on max, fire having been poked: http://i.imgur.com/DjdNhpe.jpg It just looks so lack-luster to me.

Is there a mod that kind of vamps up the graphic?

Edit: I have tried to google this and search for it on the site. I only found a mod that makes fires kill everyone and burn everything, much harder to put out and so on. I can't find something that just makes it look bigger/more intense. I don't want to change the behavior of the fire itself.

Big thank you to all of the different types of creators/mod makers that help out the gaming community to make the games that much more fun and glitch free to play.
Get Vaccinated, wear a mask, wash your hands and take care of each other. Be good people.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 7:20 PM
Actually, i really don't know if people make graphical mods for the sims 3, just custom content. i'm sure it would be possible to make a fire bigger though. produce more light mabey? Ill take a look for a mod like that
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 9:12 AM
Thank you for the help. I remember there are some mods for Sims 2 that changed things graphically like the plumbob, just to make it look better. I think people worked on shading/light mods too I can't remember. In my game at about 5pm everyday the world gets pretty dark when it is snowy outside. It would be really nice to ee a blazing fire sitting at the foot of her bed while she sleeps instead of the little poof of flames.

Big thank you to all of the different types of creators/mod makers that help out the gaming community to make the games that much more fun and glitch free to play.
Get Vaccinated, wear a mask, wash your hands and take care of each other. Be good people.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 10:12 AM
in fact there are a lot graphical mods out there. the following are only examples of each: high quality mods , high quality mod combined with no glow , environmental mods (lightning mods) , remove shine/stencils tools , invisibile plumbob ... just to name the few first catchwords that come to my mind - but sadly i never heard/read about bigger fires.

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 8:00 PM
Was trying to either give it time for someone to answer with something about the fire or for myself to find something but apparently this doesn't exist. Thank you to zoocomicsx & shmovese for the replies. I looked at the mods from the links shmovese provided, none of it has anything close to what I was looking for or anything I am interested in. Thank you both though for trying, it is much appreciated

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 8:44 PM
My internet is crapping out a little, sorry. I wanted to add that high quality mod combined with no glow & invisible plumbob are very nice. Thanks for showing me those

Forum Resident
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FoggyClovilah
My internet is crapping out a little, sorry. I wanted to add that high quality mod combined with no glow & invisible plumbob are very nice. Thanks for showing me those

ah good to hear you found something interesting. but these links i posted here were really only meant to be examples of graphical mods that were done by the community. they have nothing to do with the fire - i know. i only wanted to post them since someone doubted there were graphical mods made, just costum content... its simply not true you know.

edit: the no glow feature on that mod you grabbed is said to have good impact on the performance (displaying bright light seems to be hard work for graphic cards ) i hope you experience that awesome side effect too

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>