Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 1:29 AM
Default WCIF Someone to update Kolipokis Mod for buyable Money tree seed and omni plant seeds?
I don't think Kolipoki is active anymore. I'm trying to find someone that is willing to update this mod http://modthesims.info/d/354382 or can show me how to do it...if it is something that is really easy to to. I've been trying for a long while to get the omni plant seeds opportunity and to find the little gnome guy. The money tree seed can be found just about everywhere...Debug is not an option as it borks my game saving process. I don't know why, it just does.

Thanks much!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 4:03 PM
OK, I took a look at Kolipoki's edits and the good news is that it's fairly easy to do the same.
Buut it's kinda lengthy to explain now; instead, have you considered getting Master Controller and adding the Omni Plant opportunity manually?

If you don't want to go the MC route I'd be happy to explain how to edit Kolipoki's mod, though.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
OK, I took a look at Kolipoki's edits and the good news is that it's fairly easy to do the same.
Buut it's kinda lengthy to explain now; instead, have you considered getting Master Controller and adding the Omni Plant opportunity manually?

If you don't want to go the MC route I'd be happy to explain how to edit Kolipoki's mod, though.

Thank you for replying! @sweetdevil I didn't even know adding the Omni plant opportunity (or adding anything) could be done! Well, learn something new everyday! So how would I go about doing this?
Alchemist
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 6:03 PM Last edited by sweetdevil : 3rd Oct 2016 at 6:52 PM.
You can find Master Controller here, make sure you get the version that's right for your patch level.
To bring up the relevant menu (MC has a lot of options), click on the sim you want to give the opportunity to:
Nraas \ Master Controller \ Basic \ Opportunity: By Category \ Gardening

Now this is an interesting bit, because the Omni Plant opportunity doesn't show if you haven't completed the two others before it in the chain.
If you want to start the chain, the first opportunity is called "Uncommonly Good" and requires 20 Excellent produce items.

I'll be editing this post on how to update Kolipoki's mod yourself, so stay tuned!

Edit: brace yourself, a long-ass post is coming!

In preparation
You will need S3OC and S3PE - the former to locate and extract the resources you need, and the latter to modify them.
I say "locate" because resources are usually scattered across several huge .package files.

Cloning the objects
Fire up S3OC. Go to Cloning -> Normal Objects. Wait a bit for everything to load, then locate the "OmniPlant" resource.
Click on it, then click on the "Clone or Fix..." button on the lower right of the program window.
On the right side of the screen, find the Price field and change it to whatever you want.
On the left side of the screen, deselect "Renumber/rename internally"; when checked, this option ensures that your package will NOT be a default replacement. This time we DO want a default replacement, since we're editing an existing resource, not creating something new.
After you're done, click the "Start" button and save your .package file somewhere.

Do the same for the other two things; the catalog names are "DeathFlower" and "MagicGnome".

Locating the Shopping XML
Most of the XML and ITUN files which govern object and sim behavior are located in the GameplayData.package file.
You will find this in: [installation drive] \Electronic Arts \ The Sims 3 \ Game \ Bin \ Gameplay.
It's extremely important that you don't make any changes directly to this file! It most likely will break your game. Instead, you extract the resources you want to modify from it, and edit them separately. That's what we're going to do. If you want to be on the safe side, you can copy your GameplayData package somewhere else on your computer.

Extracting the necessary resources
We are going to extract the OBJD resources from the objects, and the Shopping XML. The OBJD resources carry information about objects, such as price, location in the catalog, what moodlets and skills the object provides, its name and description etc. The Shopping XML states which objects you can buy from the grocery store.

Open your OmniPlant package in S3PE and locate the OBJD resource (visible in the Tag column).
Right-click on it and select Export -> To File..., then save your resource somewhere without modifying its name!
Do the same for the death flower and the gnome.

Now open the GameplayData package in S3PE and look for the Shopping XML; you can click on the Name column header to sort the resources by name and save time.
Once you've found it, right-click on it, and select Export -> To File... and save it somewhere on your computer - again, without modifying its name! This resource will be saved in .XML format, which you can edit separately. Open it in Notepad and take a look. Kolipoki added these lines to the Shopping XML, you can either copy/paste these or write them in yourself:
Code:
<Grocery>
  <GameObjectName>MoneyTreeSeed</GameObjectName>
  <TabName>Home</TabName>
 </Grocery>
<Grocery>
  <GameObjectName>OmniPlantSeed</GameObjectName>
  <TabName>Home</TabName>
 </Grocery>
<Grocery>
  <GameObjectName>DeathFlower</GameObjectName>
  <TabName>Home</TabName>
 </Grocery>
<Grocery>
  <GameObjectName>MagicGnome</GameObjectName>
  <TabName>Home</TabName>
 </Grocery>

Save your file.

Creating your mod
Open S3PE, go to File -> New, then Resource -> Import -> From File.. and locate your resources. Save your package file, and voila! You can import all your resources into one package or keep them separate, it doesn't really matter as long as they're in a .package file, otherwise the game can't read them.

Notes and other interesting things
Within the GameplayData.package, there is an OmniPlant_[randomnumbers] XML. In it, you have two variables: the first one states what opportunity must be completed for you to be able to order the seeds, and the second states how many seeds you can order. If you want, you can tune these values to your liking i.e. change the necessary opportunity to be able to order seeds to an easier one, or increase the number of seeds. I haven't tested it, but the changes you made above do not guarantee that a sim who hasn't completed the opportunity chain will be able to plant an OmniPlant or order seeds, even if they can buy them from the grocery store!

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
You can find Master Controller here, make sure you get the version that's right for your patch level.
To bring up the relevant menu (MC has a lot of options), click on the sim you want to give the opportunity to:
Nraas \ Master Controller \ Basic \ Opportunity: By Category \ Gardening

Now this is an interesting bit, because the Omni Plant opportunity doesn't show if you haven't completed the two others before it in the chain.
If you want to start the chain, the first opportunity is called "Uncommonly Good" and requires 20 Excellent produce items.

@sweetdevil Thank you so very much for taking the time out of your RL to write out very detailed instructions :lovestruc I'm going to try out nraas Master Controller and then try my hand at the S3OC and S3PE instructions that you've set up I've been looking for the S3PE anyway (I just started sims3 a few months ago). I had no idea that one could do so much with nraas MC...I'm always late lol

Thank you again :lovestruc
Alchemist
#6 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 7:17 AM
You're welcome! If you have any more questions feel free to ask!