Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
transmogrified
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 6:18 PM
Default keep guests out of refrigerator
FT introduced new "party platter" dishes for Sims with high cuisine enthusiasm, but my Sims' party guests would rather raid the fridge for snacks. Is there a hack that will keep guests out of the refrigerator? (I know I can turn the refrigerator toward the wall, but I prefer the party's host to have access to prepare food.)
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 7:12 PM Last edited by cheshirekat : 26th Mar 2011 at 7:15 PM. Reason: err URL
Simlogical has a "NO AUTONOMY FRIDGES PATCH" for refrigerators.

Click Here to view the fridge and food hacks they have.

I can't recall the last time a sim or guest used the refrigerators in my game autonomously, so it works well for me. I prefer guests to go home if they get too hungry. Otherwise my sims would spend a ton of time and money making meals for guests that stay as long as there is food they can get to. My sims always have guests over and unless they are wealthy, I only feed the guests one meal.

In houses where the kitchen and dining room are not one room, I lock access to the kitchen and other rooms, so only my sims can go through the doors/arches.
transmogrified
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 7:21 PM
Thanks, cheshirekat. I want my playables to retain their autonomy re: the fridge, so for now I'll just have to lock guests out of the kitchen when possible. A much more elegant solution than spinning the refrigerator around!
Scholar
#4 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 8:28 PM
Visitor Snacking Fix

Visitors will still raid the fridge if there's no other food available.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
transmogrified
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 8:32 PM
Perfect! Thanks, arathea (and twojeffs!).