Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#51 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 7:54 PM Last edited by conversesneaker : 30th Apr 2015 at 6:10 PM.
Some new pairings I've been trying out

Tybalt Capp and Emily Lee - she likes history, and nothing gets more historical than Veronaville! True, they are only a one-bolt love but bolts aren't all you need. They both have recessive eyes, plus they both have extreme cheeks (chubby vs. gaunt), leading to some unique children.

Ophelia Nigmos with either Oberon or Mercutio Monty - also interesting; Ophelia had two-bolts with both.
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 8:13 PM
I just started a new megahood (all neighborhoods, all subhoods, all universities, plus the Widespot subhood cause I felt like it- it's all massive!), and I'm not even a full rotation in, so not much has happened yet. So far in terms of new couples, Julien Cooke seems to be into both Sharon Wirth and Erin Beaker. Him and Sharon kissed, and him and Erin almost kissed, but it got interrupted before they could. His ACR "the one" keeps switching between the two of them. I also have half-formed plots to get Cyd Roseland and Florence Delarosa together, because they've met and gotten along, and come on- Florence Roseland totally fits! But I'm waiting to see if they roll wants about each other, and it may never happen because Florence and Gilbert Jacquet are kind of into each other and Cyd likes some townie a lot. They barely knew each other but he tried to autonomously woohoo with her. And this was after she rejected his attempt to make out with her. Needless to say, it did not go well for him.

The biggest shocker for me was Malcolm Landgraab meeting Cynthia Kim and them having immediate chemistry. The second I saw them together, I knew I was going to break up Cynthia's marriage with Robert and get those two together. It seems to fit Cynthia's personality, especially because she didn't hesitate to cheat on Robert.

This isn't a couple, but it is funny. For some reason tons of sims have lots of bolts with Stephen Tinker of all people. After meeting him, Cleo Shikibu was so besotted that she tried to kiss him while his wife was just in the next room over! Thankfully for his marriage, Stephen rejected her. That's a pairing I would just never have thought of...

In terms of enemies, Denise Jacquet and Morty Roth somehow already hate each other and have managed to declare each other enemies and get into a fist fight. I was focused on Gilbert when this happened so I don't even know how it started. Good thing they don't live near each other!

I've only played Desiderata Valley and most of Bluewater Village so far, and it's only one day rotations, so things are going slowly. I know all the above mentioned couples involve bin sims or Bluewater sims so could happen even in a one neighborhood game. But I'm super excited to see what weird things happen!!
Mad Poster
#53 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 9:16 PM
I just found a surprising couple in my mini-megahood. Jason Larson and Mitch Indie! Soo cute!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Test Subject
#54 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 10:18 AM
Dina Caliente & Malcolm Landgraab

Ripp Grunt & Lilith Pleasant

Kaylynn Langerak & Kristen Loste (Kaylyn & Cassandra Goth got together in a megahood once - after Cass was jilted at the altar by Don. Together they raised Kaylyn's baby via Don).

Chloe Curious-Smith (Singles) & Nina Caliente

This thread has got me considering Brandi Broke & the General, although i like to pair her with Darren Dreamer, but some games the Cass or Tara Kat love is there instead .
Instructor
#55 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 7:38 PM
I've got some new pairs, yay! My sims were busy as I finished my rotation in Strangetown and moved on to Pleasantview...

Pascal Curious and Kristen Loste- For some reason, they just work for me. I think Pascal could use somebody kind of down to earth and non-sciency, so that he doesn't completely retreat from the world with his alien baby and brothers and never speak to anyone else. And Kristen seems a bit more into the weird and supernatural than she would like to admit (why else would she be living in Strangetown at all, even if her bio says it's just a stopping place?).

Lazlo Curious and Brandi Broke- Lazlo is a really playful and fun guy! I think he'd be a great dad for the boys (especially Beau and the unborn baby) and he would bring happiness back into Brandi's life.

Mortimer Goth and Nina Caliente- In my game, their chemistry is a lot better than his with Dina. They jumped right into bed with ACR before he even woohooed with Dina, and this was while being in love with Dina and barely even knowing Nina! I decided that it would be a mistake for Dina to marry him for the money and then have to deal with him woohooing her sister. So she ended up catching them, planning to go through with the wedding anyway for the money, and then at the last minute deciding otherwise and leaving him at the altar. I imagine that Dina is concluding that it would be a lot more satisfying to accumulate all the money she wants through her own merits, with someone she actually cares about. Which could be...

General Buzz Grunt and Dina Caliente- Should this even make sense? Probably not. But they seem happy. I guess after the debacle with Mortimer and her sister, Dina would like someone stable. Buzz is definitely stable! And Buzz is lonely without his wife, so even if Dina is more frivolous than you would think he would want (her LTW is to reach the top of the Show Business career track in my game), I guess maybe her playfulness works for him, in some weird way.

Daniel Pleasant and Bella Goth- Daniel got dumped by both Mary-Sue and Kaylynn! After returning from her lengthy absence, Bella doesn't feel like things are right with Mortimer, and Don Lothario (her daughter's fiance!!) turned down her advances. Daniel and Bella decide to make a fresh start in Belladonna Cove, and living together is working well for them.
Instructor
#56 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 4:58 AM
I'm posting after myself, but I don't even care- too many great couples, especially now that I've started playing the universities in my megahood (I just finished my first full rotation today!).

So, I laughed myself silly when I entered the fraternity at Sim State University and saw the gender preferences ACR assigned this time around. All the girls on campus have a crush on Castor Nova... and he's gay! Hahaha, I love it! And to make it all even better, Ashley Pitts is gay too! Usually Ashley is not my favorite sim, but this time around for some reason I really like him. In spite of having so few nice points he hasn't fought with anybody yet. He was acting really studious and rolling lots of skilling and studying wants, so I gave him knowledge secondary. He's currently seeing Ty Bubbler of all people, who just joined the fraternity. Castor is still single, and I'm not sure who he'll end up with.

I also laughed because literally every male sim who meets Heather Huffington develops a crush on her (or at least has her as their ACR "the one"), but she has Martin Ruben as her "one." It's just like her bio says! Haha! Too bad for her, Martin (who likes guys and girls) already has something going on with Kent Capp. I suppose with Castor and Ashley not into girls, Heather's a bit out of luck this time around. But I'm sure she won't be single for long.

Tiffany Sampson isn't too upset that Castor isn't available though- she's engaged to Kevin Beare after just one semester! They wanted it though, and who was I to deny true love? So far they're the only engaged couple at any of the universities.

Another couple that got together shockingly fast was Sam Thomas and Jimmy Phoenix- they really clicked, to the point where they both rejected other people who tried to kiss them, and then ran to have their first kiss with each other. ACR usually means my sims aren't so picky before they're engaged, or at least in love, so I definitely took notice of that one!

Academie Le Tour wasn't as interesting, except that Delilah O'Feefe and Mitch Indie are getting close, but Edwin Sharpe still likes Delilah and she's not exactly rejecting him either... I don't know who she'll end up with! Also, Phineaus Furley has a shocking 3 bolts with Allegra Gorey from Sim State- they fit in a weird way! I so rarely see 3 bolts with sims of different aspirations, it's cool when it happens.

There's only really one new couple at La Fiesta Tech (okay, two if you count Jessie Pilferson woohooing with the llama mascot), but it might just be my favorite: Stella Terrano and Klara Vonderstein! Despite them both being knowledge sims, I'd have never thought of this, but they're really cute together. I see Klara as this kind of mysterious spy in training, so she'd totally fit in in Strangetown amid all the mystery. And you know Stella has to move to Strangetown!

Sorry for such a long post, but I did really enjoy seeing what happened with the university sims. There are going to be some crazy couples graduating in a few rotations, haha!
Forum Resident
#57 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 6:51 AM
Has anyone tried doing the real Bella Goth x fake Bella Goth? That would be soooo weird. I like it...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 9:59 AM
Alpal425, that sounds so messed up My version of Megahood only has one Bella though, I don't like Bella clones running around

I now have Chester Gieke + Erin Beaker, they make a cute couple Also Kristen Loste + Lola Curious, they have 2 bolts or something and get along well And I'm working on Antonio Monty + Kimberly Coridal slowly but steadily. There's probably more but I can't think of them at this moment
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 11:19 AM Last edited by SnowyDreams : 8th Mar 2015 at 1:38 PM.
Copy-pasting this from my reply in the meme thread:

Tybalt, Tank, Dustin, Lilith, Ophelia and Melody Tinker becoming a close-knit gang of friends in the face of the zombie apocalypse (challenge). Or just hanging out at the mall, visiting each other's uni campus, attending each other's weddings (or getting married to each other), and then all moving into the same retirement home as elders.

(I adore megahood friendships as much as I do pairings. The first time I did a megahood I had this whole 3-night-2-day camp for all the teens with a bunch of hacked beer, and I love the way things turned out. The six above, as well as Hermia and Puck to a lesser degree, autonomously hit things off at once by taking turns soaking in the hot tub/playing poker/playing kickysack together, hence how they wound up being chosen for the zombie apocalypse the second time around. XD)

But well, for pairings, here are some I adore:

- Tybalt/Jules O'Mackey. They were three-bolters, but hated each other's guts after a lot of consumption of above-mentioned hacked beer, hah. It was hilarious to see them heartfart during/after fighting.

- Tank/Angela and Ripp/Lilith. Angela was the only one outside of the clique above who autonomously approached Tank and didn't fight with him, and Ripp developed the biggest unrequited crush on Lilith. He hung after her as a puppy everywhere while she wouldn't give him the time of the day, and it was just so much fun to see after having just played him as a suave heartbreaker in another Strangetown save.

- Don/Chloe. One hot mess, quite literally.

- Castor Nova/Nina Caliente/John Mole/Sharon Wirth. Who also had a fling with Malcolm Landgraab, who was actually dating Kaylynn Langerak. :P

I never did get to play Belladonna Cove, either individually or as part of a mega/uberhood, because of my overheating issues for the laptop I used at the time :/
Mad Poster
#60 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 11:22 AM
I don't think that the fake Bella is in the cleaned megahoods, unfortunately.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I don't think that the fake Bella is in the cleaned megahoods, unfortunately.

She is if you're using meetmetotheriver's clean templates, unless you're using the Strangetown subhood version specifically without Bella. Of course, that's no complete megahood by itself, but you could just mix and match
Instructor
#62 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 6:20 PM
Best new couple ever: Olive Specter and Consort Capp! He was a walkby, she greeted him, and ACR took it from there. I love it!! Okay, I'll admit I aged Olive down to an adult so that I can see what happens if she gets pregnant. But it makes total sense- Grim gave her youth again when she promised him she'd use the extra time to bring him more victims... So she purchased extra life with the lives of others! I don't know how long Consort is for this world if he keeps associating with her. Also, without my intervention at all she ended up with the LTW to be an ecological guru. Sounds to me like her motivation is getting her hands on that Cowplant career reward. Sure, she hasn't gone to university, but just this once I can cheat her into the career and claim she faked her credentials.

I also have an interesting love triangle going on right now with Erin Beaker, Julien Cooke, and Sharon Wirth. I think Julien likes Erin more, and they currently live together, but risky woohoo with Sharon just resulted in a pregnancy.... Uh oh! Funny enough, Hannah Bell got pregnant the rotation before (by her husband, nothing scandalous), so the two sisters will give birth within a day of each other.

One surprise from when I was playing last night: Circe Beaker of all people rolled the want to have a baby!! Most of my non-family sims never roll this want, much less someone with as few nice points as Circe. Perhaps the house feels empty since Nervous made his escape. Well, her and Loki are trying now, so I guess we'll see what happens.
Instructor
#63 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vixxen
I found a very unlikely couple that works really well together: General Buzz Grunt and Brandi Broke...

I had this pairing before...until she ACR cheated on him with Ripp (I have a step-family romance mod).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#64 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jojoa777
One surprise from when I was playing last night: Circe Beaker of all people rolled the want to have a baby!! Most of my non-family sims never roll this want, much less someone with as few nice points as Circe. Perhaps the house feels empty since Nervous made his escape. Well, her and Loki are trying now, so I guess we'll see what happens.

I often have Sims with non-family aspiration (except romance, obviously) roll this want after they get freshly married. Sometimes, they also get them randomly, but not so much as family Sims (though knowledge Sims do tend to roll the want every now and then in my game).
Instructor
#65 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vixxen
I often have Sims with non-family aspiration (except romance, obviously) roll this want after they get freshly married. Sometimes, they also get them randomly, but not so much as family Sims (though knowledge Sims do tend to roll the want every now and then in my game).

I wish my game made them roll this want more often! Given that I enjoy making them have babies so much, mwahaha!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#66 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jojoa777
I wish my game made them roll this want more often! Given that I enjoy making them have babies so much, mwahaha!

If you want them to roll the want more often, you could try giving them a family secondary aspiration (I think it requires FreeTime?). I often give my Sims a secondary aspiration at some point in their life, it makes them less one-dimensional. Family is a good combination with most others, depending on the way you interpret it - for example, I have fortune Sims with a family secondary, which I interpret as them wanting to be rich etc. to pass it on to their heirs.
Instructor
#67 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 2:28 PM
I've been thinking about pairing up Jill Smith and Chester Gieke. It seems like an odd couple but I figured, with her uncles hanging around, Jill might find a geek adorable.
Page 3 of 3