Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 7:08 PM Last edited by lop90804 : 12th Apr 2015 at 1:51 AM.
Default The Cellar Challenge
This challenge is based on the book "The Cellar" Which I would totally recommend picking up. The book centers on Summer (Renamed Lily), Lewis (Summer's Boyfriend) And Clover(AKA Colin, the captor) We won't be playing as Lewis for now.
The jist of the story is that Summer gets kidnapped by Clover, is locked in a cellar with Rose, Violet, and Poppy. (Clover's 'flowers') Clover is violent and delusional, and is fully capable of killing them all. There is a routine.All the flowers wake up early, must shower twice a day, and must have meals prepared by certain times.
CAS:
NONE of the flowers may have the evil trait.
Rose:YA F Neat and Natural cook, rest up to you.She must look like a size 10
Poppy: YA F Good and Neat, rest up to you. Must look like a size 10.
Violet: YA F Hot headed, rest up to you. Must look like a size 10.
Lily: T F Coward, rest up to you. Must NOT look like a size 10 (she is smaller than that)
Clover: YA M Unstable, Evil, and Neurotic. Looks don't matter

House:
Clover's part of the house doesn't matter, its the basement that matters. It must have blue walls and carpet.
Cellar:
Bathroom:Must have a toilet, sink, and shower. (no bath)
Bedroom: Must have a dresser, and four single beds all the same bed with pink covers. and 4 nightstands next to each bed with a lamp on each.
Main area: Must be a kitchen area, a table with five spots, a couch, a tv, and a book shelf.
Woohoo room: Must have a double bed.

Routine: Each flower must get up at 6 am or earlier. They must all shower, and Rose must cook a breakfast for everyone. At exactly 8 am, Clover must come down and eat breakfast with the flowers, and well as give them any books or movies from the day before. He must make one movie a day using a camcorder (Content of said movie doesn't matter, it can be 2 seconds long for all I care, and once all the books have been read, he must buy more) After 8 am, Clover must go to work. The flowers must either read or watch movies. NO TV, just movies shot by Clover. Clover must be in the cellar, even if it means leaving work early, at 6:30, and dinner must be ready.After each meal, all the flowers must clean up. Rose must clean the oven and counters after each meal (if the game allows). After dinner, the girls must shower and read or watch movies until 9 PM, then go to bed. After dinner ever other day he must take one of the girls down to the woohoo room and woohoo with them. With Rose he must try for baby (risky woohoo if you have it)

Woohoo schedule: (This may not be according to the book, i don't remember)
Monday: Violet
Wednesday: Poppy
Friday: Rose

If Rose gets pregnant: How you handle this depends on the baby's gender. If it is a boy, it goes up to the house and Clover raises it. The child never meets his mother, or comes to the cellar. If it is a girl, you build a nursery in the cellar and the child is raised by all the flowers. She in homeschooled and never leaves the cellar. She must be named after a flower here are some that I like if you can't find any: Holly, Azalea, Blossom, Aster, Bluebell, Amaranth, Bellflower (Or Belle), Buttercup, Daisy, Dahlia, Primrose, Heather, Iris, Jasmine, Lavender, Lilac, Marigold, Petunia, Rosemary, Sage, Tansy, and Zinnia

Escape: Once a week, one girl may attempt escape. You may drag the relationship bar down to the negative, then have them fight. If Clover wins, he kills the girl, and gets a new girl to replace her. (If Lily looses, he must find a new girl and rename her Lily, and you match her traits to the ones above) If she wins, She gets to escape and you don't need to replace her. Rose must be the last to escape as she has been there the longest. Once all the girls escape , the challenge is won

Rules:
No cheats other than money cheats and getting the relationship bar dow
If anyone other than the girls and Clover get to the cellar, you loose.
If any one of the girls dies other than from fighting Clover, you loose.

Tips:
Instead of showering twice a day, you could make it a rule that none of the girls hygiene may get under half.
Athletic skills increase the chances of winning a fight, the girls could workout with the tv.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 11:46 PM
This sounds like a lot of fun!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Snowesimmer
This sounds like a lot of fun!

Thank you so much! Any feedback?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 3:58 AM
I like the idea of this challenge, but your write up is kind of confusing. How does Summer's boyfriend factor into the challenge? What is the goal?

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mammal
I like the idea of this challenge, but your write up is kind of confusing. How does Summer's boyfriend factor into the challenge? What is the goal?

I made the edits, thank you
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 8:23 PM
I loved the book and when I saw this I got so excited So ready to try this challenge
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 11:36 PM
What happens if one of the "flowers" gets pregnant?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 1:18 AM Last edited by lop90804 : 2nd Apr 2015 at 1:38 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
What happens if one of the "flowers" gets pregnant?
Added it in
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 5:07 PM
I loved that book! And I realize how perfect a challenge it would make! I'm so doing this as my next challenge!
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 1:59 AM
This sounded like so much fun and it is! But I have some feedback. Every time a girl has tried to escape, my girl looses. I have had to kill 5 girls. Its getting a little old so.... have any ideas? Also I never have any time. It all seems so packed: the schedule. Any ideas?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eaoke3
This sounded like so much fun and it is! But I have some feedback. Every time a girl has tried to escape, my girl looses. I have had to kill 5 girls. Its getting a little old so.... have any ideas? Also I never have any time. It all seems so packed: the schedule. Any ideas?

"If either of them, not both, has a skill in Martial Arts, the Sim with the skill will win regardless of any other factors.
If either of them, not both, has the Loser trait, the Sim with the trait will lose regardless of the following factors.
If either of them, not both, has completed the Body Builder Athletic skill challenge, the Sim with the achievement will win regardless of the following factors.
The Sim who initiates the fight has a 50% chance to win.
The chance is modified by +8% per each level of difference in Athletic skill. The chance is negative if the opponent has higher Athletic skill.
If the Sim has either Brave, Evil, or Mean Spirited trait, or "Oddly Powerful" moodlet, the chance is modified by +40%. The trait/moodlet benefit doesn't stack. The chance is negative if the opponent has the trait. So if both Sims have the Brave trait, the modifier becomes +0%.
If the Sim has the Can Apprehend Burglar hidden trait, the chance is modified +25%. This benefit is only applied to the initiator, so it has no effect if the opponent has this hidden trait.
After that, the game will determine the winner based on the chance. If the chance exceeds 100%, the initiator is guaranteed to win. If it's below 0%, the initiator is guaranteed to lose" -from the sims 3 wiki
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 3:59 AM
where does the boyfriend come in? and why's Lily so special? you barely mention her

scooby dooby don't
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WingedCat
where does the boyfriend come in? and why's Lily so special? you barely mention her

The boyfriends doesn't come in, i just said that to talk about the book..and Lily is one of the people who's point of view we see