Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 4:55 AM
Default No noisy neighbours mod?
I thought I'd find this easily on my own but it seems I'm the only one who finds banging on the wall constantly annoying? Does a mod exist to just stop this altogether? I do have a mod that prevents noise waking up sims, but this doesn't include the noise through walls by neighbours.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 5:49 PM
Nope, you're not the only one. There are a couple older wcifs asking for this. Unfortunately, a mod doesn't seem to exist to stop it completely. someone did mention that you could absorb the noise by putting lots of furniture against connecting walls between apartments. If you're building your own apartments, maybe putting a 1 tile wide space between apartments would work.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 9:17 PM
Yeah, normally, the noise emitter can only be on a "bangable" piece of wall, although I only rent apartments where it's possible to have bedrooms that don't share a wall with the neighbours. I don't like having an entire wall hidden by deco and furniture.

What a stupid feature, AL developers must have been raised in castles, if they think that it's impossible to sleep in a room that shares a wall with another flat.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 9:33 PM
It's not what you asked for, but noise can only travel through empty tiles. If you place invisible paintings on the wall, it can't transmit noise. Won't stop the noise your sims send to neighbours, but it will stop their noise coming through to your Sims apartment.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
What a stupid feature, AL developers must have been raised in castles, if they think that it's impossible to sleep in a room that shares a wall with another flat.

or maybe they assume apartment walls are made out of cardboard or something
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 1:01 AM
You can go into moveObjects on and delete the noise things

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 3:51 AM
I remember one time the neighbors were blasting a radio or tv almost constantly. I left the apartment I was at, entered the one next door and they didn't have a radio or tv. Another of EA's 'not thinking clearly' ideas.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 4:59 AM
Invisible paintings will do. What annoys me more is that not every neighbour is a loud selfish moron (currently dealing with nightmare neighbours in real life so had to get that out). I make a lot of my sims the shy and/or quiet type so this isn't realistic IMO. They could have at least made it so only highly outgoing sims are noisy.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Snufflepaws
Invisible paintings will do. What annoys me more is that not every neighbour is a loud selfish moron (currently dealing with nightmare neighbours in real life so had to get that out). I make a lot of my sims the shy and/or quiet type so this isn't realistic IMO. They could have at least made it so only highly outgoing sims are noisy.

Or mean ones.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 9:50 PM
I build my own apartments - that stupidity being one reason. I hate even more the complaining neighbors waking the family up OVER AND OVER; not sure what caused it, smelly babies, dishes? Was that what you said their was a mod for? What's it called?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..