Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 9:22 PM
Default Wont install?
I downloaded the game last night and this morning I went to install it but it said a game update was needed. I got the game two days ago and I already need an update? Something isn't right..

::Suspicious thread is suspicious::

My life needs editing
My tumblr
Advertisement
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#2 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 8:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by egm2000
I downloaded the game last night and this morning I went to install it but it said a game update was needed. I got the game two days ago and I already need an update? Something isn't right..

::Suspicious thread is suspicious::
What do you mean downloaded? Which game anyway? And what's the point of this thread? Help? Suspicious indeed.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 9:21 PM Last edited by egm2000 : 31st Mar 2015 at 9:31 PM. Reason: I have my reasons
okay to clarify, I downloaded Sims 3 this Saturday, and I downloaded the Seasons, University, Late Night, World Adventures, and Island Paradise expansion packs (when I first posted I had only downloaded Seasons, and University)
When I tried to install Uni it would say I needed to update Sims 3, even though I had just got it. Although I was able to install Seasons, Late Night, and World Adventures with no problem.

So my question is, why can't I install University and Island Paradise? I keep getting this error message (please look at attachment) when ever I try, but I only get it with those two expansion packs

I really want University and I have been waiting forever to get it

..... Now realizing this should probably be moved to the help thread
Screenshots

My life needs editing
My tumblr
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#4 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 10:31 PM
From where did you download the game and EPs?

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 11:04 PM
From a friend's Origin account, nothing illegal, just sharing :p

ALTHOUGH my computer had been having troubles and I added two USB's to add space, and now all my files are scattered around three hardrives

My life needs editing
My tumblr
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I don't get it... so why don't you just update via launcher?

I am right now, but my computer is so slow and takes half a day to download one GB, so the update has been taking foorrrevvverrrrr
I started it aat 3:30 ish and now at 9:30 it's at 34%
And I was just wondering why wasn't the updated included when I first downloaded the game

My life needs editing
My tumblr
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I'm assuming b/c even the digital version is merely the CD version image. The patch they have is for installed game, for them to patch an uninstalled version require more work. If you are downloading 1 GB, this is the 1.62-1.67 patch.

Yeah, it's 1.6 GB and takes half a day to download, but when I did and it started installing the update it said I needed more space, even though I have +2 GB

It seems like I never have enough space!!

My life needs editing
My tumblr
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 3:22 AM
The whole time I was thinking the Sims 3 was on another drive with plenty of space, but in reality it was in a drive with hardly any space left. I shuffled some things around and when that's over I will try for the fifth time and hopefully it will work

My life needs editing
My tumblr